The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

The Official University of Birmingham Freshers 2011 Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Smithy-92
Would need to have a stunning PS and reference as expected to make up for it. I applied to AAA courses in ucas 10-11 with ACC at AS from june09 and got offers, so is possible :smile:
My AS was a bad year :biggrin: But everything besides my grades made up for it.

Thanks :biggrin: I was expecting ABB or BBB at least, so annoyed to have got what I did. I think the marking was unfair tbh, I think my history deserved higher than a C. But I guess what's done is done, Gonna have to work harder :tongue:
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
ahmagad i just wanna get to brum already!
Original post by NapoleonDynamite
Thanks :biggrin: I was expecting ABB or BBB at least, so annoyed to have got what I did. I think the marking was unfair tbh, I think my history deserved higher than a C. But I guess what's done is done, Gonna have to work harder :tongue:

Yeah just treat it as a wake up call and go all out to absolutely SMASH the A2 year, that's what I did, hence the gap year to get an even better Uni :biggrin:
Original post by mrppaulo
Ahhh cant wait for freshers :biggrin: looking forward to meeting everyone :smile:

Got your freshers pack? :smile: And what accom did you get?
Reply 164
Original post by Lizzieee

haha, hey there! will probably see you around on campus then :smile:

aha, just see if you notice a guy walking round in circles, with a confused look.

Im the one thats asking him for direction :lol:
Reply 165
Original post by Smithy-92
Got your freshers pack? :smile: And what accom did you get?

Im not exactly sure how freshers packs work? maple bank :smile:
Reply 166
Original post by Anti
Well there goes my theory then! Lol. :P

You should definitely hear back soon! :smile: Where have you applied for accomodation?!
Reply 167
Original post by Ehardy
what flat in mason im 116 :smile:

How did you find what flat you are in?
Reply 168
Name: Peggy
Course: Archaeology
Accommodation: Tennis Courts, Block 15, Flat 85
Moving from: Wiltshire

Does anyone know what date the courses start? Because I was told both the 2nd October and the 26th September :s
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by peggyA

Does anyone know what date the courses start? Because I was told both the 2nd October and the 26th September :s

Term starts 26th, so it must be when the courses start, although my course starts the 1st so... yeah I don't know haha.
Reply 170
Original post by peggyA

Apparently we have a reading week from the 26th, with a few introductory lectures, just to get us into the swing of things. Our courses officially start on the 1st October :smile:

(Don't quote me on this, it's just what I heard from someone else, but it makes sense!)
Reply 171
Original post by peggyA

26th of September is the freshers week. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by meganjoy
Apparently we have a reading week from the 26th, with a few introductory lectures, just to get us into the swing of things. Our courses officially start on the 1st October :smile:

(Don't quote me on this, it's just what I heard from someone else, but it makes sense!)

Thanks for this info; I had no idea what I'd be doing in that week :tongue:
Reply 173

Thanks! I suppose we will find out when we get there! I also got confused over whether welcome week and freshers week were the same thing, but there are 2 weeks from moving in to when the courses start so I guess that they are different :smile:

heyy, what block in maple bank have you been allocated?:smile:
Reply 175
Original post by CreativeBetch
Hi hem

Hi, you doing law too?
Reply 176
Have you lot bought the freshers packs yet?
Reply 177
17-18 September 2011 - Arrivals weekend
19-25 September 2011 - Welcome Week
26 September 2011 - Start of term

Ah, scary. :P
(edited 12 years ago)

Ghm, i don't seem to be able to find when my course starts, anybody knows where it can be found on Birninham's website? If not i will get on the phone with them on monday, that's kinda usefull information.

1. Freshers Fest - package deal into 9 of the best events during freshers week
2. Freshers Ball - Fri 23rd Sept.
3. Tinchy Stryder - Fri 30th Sept.
4. Pendulum - Thurs 6th Oct.

More info and package details: http://www.freshersfest.com/packages.php

You could just get the Freshers Fest 9 events for £37.50 or..
Bronze Package - Freshers Fest plus Freshers Ball for £55 or..
Silver Package - Freshers Fest plus Freshers Ball plus Tinchy Stryder for £65 or..
Gold Package - Freshers Fest plus Freshers Ball plus Tinchy Stryder plus Pendulum for £75.

May as well get the Gold :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending