The Student Room Group

Psychology G543 exam- June 2012!

I know it might be a bit early to start a thread, but I'm starting my revision now. Anyone want to join? I'm doing Forensic and health for the two options and am already seriously nervous!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'll join you there - i'm doing those two blocks and I have a mock for turning to crime/making a case next monday!
You only do two? We are doing forensic, health and another one - we haven't started it yet.

I have a mock tomorrow and can't find my psychology book, lol
Reply 3
I'll join you! we're doing crime and health too! we have a mock on crime in 2 weeks, honestly don't know how I'm going to remember all of crime never mind all of health as well....... :-\
Reply 4
I would like to join this revision group as well. I am doing Crime and Health and so far i have done all of health and turining to crime of crime. My teacher said to me that a great way to study for both part a and part b questions is to use:

Context, Evidence, Elaboration + Conclusion for part a.

(Claim, Reason, Evidence, Evaluation, Counter-Argument, Conclusion) * 2 + Conclusion for part b.

Finally the Phillip Allan books are ace for this exam and they are only £8 per book for Crime and Health.
Reply 5
You've confused me, for part A you're usually just describing evidence and then relate it back to the question, so I don't understand what you mean. We have to structure out answers:
Claim, aim, sample/method/procedure, results, conclusion, refer back to question.

What is Health like? we have just started it today, do you think its better than crime?
Reply 6
Personally I hate health- I'm planning on doing forensic psychology in uni so seriously need some help with health!
Are you doing A-Level or is this GCSE? :s-smilie:
We're doing Forensic and Sport.....SPORT. I so wanted to do Health :frown: But my teacher (who just so happens to be a football fan >.>) decided it would make a nice change (pft he just wanted to teach us about football). So yeah I have no interest in it anymore :biggrin:
Reply 9
Im doing forenzics and health too ! :biggrin:

*subscribes*

Please post any usefull revision material & tips please! thankss x
Reply 10
Original post by Hanz_a93
Im doing forenzics and health too ! :biggrin:

*subscribes*

Please post any usefull revision material & tips please! thankss x

My psychology teacher told me to use the original Raine study back in 1997 in turning to crime as you can do more on the original study rather than on the review article. Also my teacher said to the class, if anyone is resitting the G544 exam (which i am) use as much A2 studies as you possibly can to get high grades.

Original post by hannahlw21
You've confused me, for part A you're usually just describing evidence and then relate it back to the question, so I don't understand what you mean. We have to structure out answers:
Claim, aim, sample/method/procedure, results, conclusion, refer back to question.

What is Health like? we have just started it today, do you think its better than crime?

Well different teachers have different ways of teaching students to revise. On the subject of health psychology it is great in some parts as it really relates to the cognitive, biological, behavioural and individual differences approaches. Stress is particularly a good section to do and some of the studies in health are the same in different subsections such as; Watson & Raynor, McGrath, Johansson and Geer & Maisel. The only thing that is bad about health is that there are topics such as; DSM, ICD and disorders that have no studies but explain what they are.
Reply 11
Original post by akindrat18
My psychology teacher told me to use the original Raine study back in 1997 in turning to crime as you can do more on the original study rather than on the review article. Also my teacher said to the class, if anyone is resitting the G544 exam (which i am) use as much A2 studies as you possibly can to get high grades.

Well different teachers have different ways of teaching students to revise. On the subject of health psychology it is great in some parts as it really relates to the cognitive, biological, behavioural and individual differences approaches. Stress is particularly a good section to do and some of the studies in health are the same in different subsections such as; Watson & Raynor, McGrath, Johansson and Geer & Maisel. The only thing that is bad about health is that there are topics such as; DSM, ICD and disorders that have no studies but explain what they are.

Hey! i remember you from last year! :smile: you posted a lot of revision material on core studies right?? how did u do for AS??
Reply 12
Hey! i remember you from last year! :smile: you posted a lot of revision material on core studies right?? how did u do for AS??

Yeah i did and i didn't do so well, i failed my core studies and psych investigations in June. My Janaury results were a C in psych investigations and D in approaches and research methods.

My psychology teacher told me that the best thing to do is to resit the both papers that i did in January to get them at B grades, instead of taking the core studies as i would have to revise all AS and A2 Psychology.
Reply 13
Yeah i did and i didn't do so well, i failed my core studies and psych investigations in June. My Janaury results were a C in psych investigations and D in approaches and research methods.

My psychology teacher told me that the best thing to do is to resit the both papers that i did in January to get them at B grades, instead of taking the core studies as i would have to revise all AS and A2 Psychology.

Ah sorry to hear that, hope you smacked your jan exams though :biggrin:
Lets see how this years june exams go eh :smile:
Reply 14
Ah sorry to hear that, hope you smacked your jan exams though :biggrin:
Lets see how this years june exams go eh :smile:

I did well in my psychology exams in jan and did okay in my biology exams, even though 57% of the students failed biology. But i have applied for Chester and Cumbria universities and accepted Chester as my firm and Cumbria as my insurance.
Reply 15
does anyone know what forensic and health & clinical questions came up in the jan 2012 exam
Reply 16
I did well in my psychology exams in jan and did okay in my biology exams, even though 57% of the students failed biology. But i have applied for Chester and Cumbria universities and accepted Chester as my firm and Cumbria as my insurance.

Ahh thats nice to hear! what paper did you do and what did you get?? Do you know what approaches came up in january btw??

Thats good :smile: what are you planning to study at uni?
Reply 17
I did the g541 paper and got a C and i also did the g544 paper and got a D which i thought was ok considering that neither the individual differences, behaviourist and psychodynamic perspectives instead i had to choose between the social approach and experiments. Most people that i know who took the g544 wanted to do the first 4 questions on the social approach and the last question on experiments.

I am planning to study at uni either psychology at chester or applied psychology at cumbria.
Reply 18
Also my teacher said to the class, if anyone is resitting the G544 exam (which i am) use as much A2 studies as you possibly can to get high grades.

Hey, I just wanted to say that you don't have to use A2 studies, it doesn't gain you any more extra marks. I got an A and I only used the AS studies :-)
Reply 19
I really have no idea how to revise for this exam :-/ any tips anyone???

I have no idea how to set out really good answers either - does anyone have good model answers that they can link me to please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending