The Student Room Group

How do YOU get home after a night out?

Scroll to see replies

I walk. If it's somewhere other than my pathetic excuse for a hometown, I take a train and THEN I walk.

Back at uni, we took taxis. No choice really, as campus was so far from town. Still, 3 of you in a cab means £3-£4 each which isn't too bad.
Reply 41
Night bus home or, stay out late enough for the tubes to start running again in the morning. Only done that a few times though.
It depends on the madness of the night, if everyone's being quite boring and we decide to go home at say 3, we'll usually get a taxi but sometimes it's a stay out till 6am sort of thing and then get the bus back in the morning.

When i start driving then i'll probably just drive there and back, back when i first started clubbing i was just intent on getting as smashed as i could but these days it's more about the atmosphere/dancing than it is the pointless binge drinking.
Reply 43
Original post by pinkangelgirl
haha that sounds exactly like what i do!

and yeh its stupid but you dont think of that at the time :frown:

Im not a "stupid" person and i wont blame it on the alcohol.. i suppose i do know its a bad thing to do but i think when drunk i actually think of the statistics lol. My thought patterns are probably something along the lines of 'what are the chances someone in my little home town is going to come across trouble....... very little.... what are the chances itll actually be really bad (rape etc) rather than just someone being a bit of a pain...... little less... what are the chances it will be at this time of morning?!...... even less....... what are the odds it will happen on my route home...... now even more less..... and waht are the chances it will happen in the next 30 mins?.... tiny.... and what are the odds it will be me?! ....practically non existant. if it happens il just run into someones house or pretend i live there etc'

lol, then i think nah its cool i can boss this.

so far, iv always been fine.. but its not a good enough logic and we shouldnt do it!!
Fight walking.
When I'm back home I usually cycle. In my uni town I don't have a bike so I usually walk (it's only a 20 minute walk). I only get a cab when I'm really drunk, or when there's a group of us all going in the same direction.
Reply 46
In my home town I share a taxi or take the nightbus. At uni I usually walk home, only get taxi if my friends are insistent and I don't get away in time.
Home and town is about 3mile away, usually get a lift off a mate for a couple quid or taxi but even if we split between 4or5 is still usually over £5 each, but i did walk back once, never again!
Usually check Facebook before I go out to see if anybody is doing lifts that night as it's quickest, if not I'll walk, it's only 1 mile up the hill and it's a fairly peaceful walk.
Reply 49
Walk... and depending on the weather and how much I drank changes my speed and everything xD.

Not long ago I was walking back, dragging a broken umbrella, with no shirt, carrying a license plate I found and chanting to myself. Was a little disturbing for myself let along anyone who saw me
Reply 50
walk or bus(es)
Reply 51
If I'm in the right places, I can get a single night bus all the way home. If not, I'll see if I can catch a late train and then get random buses until I get home.
Reply 52
at uni, town where all the clubs are is only 15 minutes away from halls so me and my friends walk. sometimes if we are tired, we get a taxi back and share the cost. if there are loads of you sharing a taxi, you can split the costt so it won't be that expensive.
Can't walk home cos I live in rural England about 3 miles from the city... not somewhere a young female wants to be walking in pitch black night. You don't get much change from a tenner for a taxi. If we go to a party further away it's REALLY annoying cos I always have to ask 'pretty please can you drop me off last?' and pay extra, otherwise I have to camp at a friend's house.

Does anyone else appreciate how annoying it is to not live walking distance away from town? It's totally selfish of my parents to make me live outside of the city. They obv don't care about my social life ):
My mum comes and picks me up.
Usually by foot, however in my uni town taxis are extremely cheap so it doesn't really matter.
Reply 56
Taxi back to mine with friends. I don't actually live very near to where the clubs are at all but my mum doesn't mind us coming back to ours and I like hosting and I somehow live closer than a lot of friends :p:
Reply 57
Do you people not worrying about being mugged/jumped walking back late at night?
Reply 58
addison lee

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 59
Cab or night bus, depending on how many of us going the same way.

Quick Reply

Latest