Reply 5540
Original post by pewdiepig
Rejected manchester :frown: may have a made a mistake here

Oh! What is your firm choice then?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 5541
Where's the best place for Maths/Physics majors? I can't figure this out...
Would it be better to pay the rent at the beginning of the year in one instalment? Or each term?

(I don't know why I'm looking into this, I don't even know if I'm going yet :colondollar:)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Munii
Where's the best place for Maths/Physics majors? I can't figure this out...

Imperial, Manchester, Cambridge and UCL
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
Would it be better to pay the rent at the beginning of the year in one instalment? Or each term?

(I don't know why I'm looking into this, I don't even know if I'm going yet :colondollar:)

If you can afford it, it is best to pay it at the beginning of the year. If not, installments seem to be the best option for many students.

If you don't go to Manchester, what is your alternative option?
Original post by Wired_1800
If you can afford it, it is best to pay it at the beginning of the year. If not, installments seem to be the best option for many students.

If you don't go to Manchester, what is your alternative option?

I should be able to afford it right at the beginning but it won't leave me much of my student loan left :frown:

And I don't have an insurance :/ Kinda regret that choice but everywhere else I applied wanted AAA whereas Manchester wanted AAB so my teacher told me not to have an insurance with higher grades :frown:
And clearing doesn't look too great for my course (psychology)
I should be able to afford it right at the beginning but it won't leave me much of my student loan left :frown:

And I don't have an insurance :/ Kinda regret that choice but everywhere else I applied wanted AAA whereas Manchester wanted AAB so my teacher told me not to have an insurance with higher grades :frown:
And clearing doesn't look too great for my course (psychology)

I think that Manchester is a great uni and you can't go wrong there.

I am not a big fan of having alternative options, if one is set with option A. Hopefully, you get the grades for Manchester and I am sure that you will enjoy it there.

I think that you should carefully plan on how you will use your student loan for the year. So that you don't become broke at the beginning of the year.
Original post by Saa-E
Oh! What is your firm choice then?

Leeds
What are the fire alarms like in the rooms in Fallowfield Campus? Are they the type where you can't spray deodorant near them?
Got my offer - Oak house :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've applied but now I want to change my options so I'll probably email them later today cause I don't think I wanna go Ashbourne anymore ; thinking of putting down Richmond park or maybe oak house idk
Original post by fefssdf
I've applied but now I want to change my options so I'll probably email them later today cause I don't think I wanna go Ashbourne anymore ; thinking of putting down Richmond park or maybe oak house idk

You need to do it ASAP. From the posts on here, it seems that the good ones are already going.

Good luck and no pressure!
Original post by Wired_1800
You need to do it ASAP. From the posts on here, it seems that the good ones are already going.

Good luck and no pressure!

I oringallt applied back in December and the accomdation office told me my original date in my application will stand if I make choices; btw I hold a conditional offer
Original post by fefssdf
I oringallt applied back in December and the accomdation office told me my original date in my application will stand if I make choices; btw I hold a conditional offer

December? I thought the accommodation applications opened in January? (maybe I have a bad memory idk :laugh:)
December? I thought the accommodation applications opened in January? (maybe I have a bad memory idk :laugh:)

nah it was like mid december cause I kept asking them when it was gonna open and i did it super early
Original post by fefssdf
nah it was like mid december cause I kept asking them when it was gonna open and i did it super early

Ah okay well unfortunately the website says
"no changes to your Hall preferences will be accepted after midnight on 24th July 2016." http://www.accommodation.manchester.ac.uk/applications/ (it's towards the end of the page)

So I think you have to stick with your choices now :frown:
Ah okay well unfortunately the website says
"no changes to your Hall preferences will be accepted after midnight on 24th July 2016." http://www.accommodation.manchester.ac.uk/applications/ (it's towards the end of the page)

So I think you have to stick with your choices now :frown:

oh my god NOOOOO ; I really don't want to go to ashbourne jesus christ that is very very peak. praying I get into my firm now. ashbourne is nice with massive rooms and is catered ect but the reviews I've read and the fact that its mostly females there really panics me. If i end up there now I'm probably gonna have to try and move accommodation but you have to wait till like october time i think.. well i guess I've just got to hope that if i do end up there that it isn't as bad as some people are saying :frown: I'm quite worried now but my fault for leaving it too late

I applied during the first week as well so I'm obviously gonna get given ashbourne, and even my second choice was ashbourne as well. ii really want to go to oak house . deffo will swap in october for sure . argh god :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by fefssdf
oh my god NOOOOO ; I really don't want to go to ashbourne jesus christ that is very very peak. praying I get into my firm now. ashbourne is nice with massive rooms and is catered ect but the reviews I've read and the fact that its mostly females there really panics me. If i end up there now I'm probably gonna have to try and move accommodation but you have to wait till like october time i think.. well i guess I've just got to hope that if i do end up there that it isn't as bad as some people are saying :frown: I'm quite worried now but my fault for leaving it too late

I applied during the first week as well so I'm obviously gonna get given ashbourne, and even my second choice was ashbourne as well. ii really want to go to oak house . deffo will swap in october for sure . argh god :frown:

I'm going Ashbourne in September and I'm a guy. And what' wrong with majority girls? I feel like that just enhances the whole Uni experience. :colone:
Original post by BioStudentx
I'm going Ashbourne in September and I'm a guy. And what' wrong with majority girls? I feel like that just enhances the whole Uni experience. :colone:

ah I'm pleased to know that there is a guy going there ! I just think it would be better if it was a 50/50 split with boys and girls and i personally get along with boys better so id rather not be stuck with tonnes of girls. I will be looking out for you if i end up in manchester haha ...
Original post by fefssdf

What is your firm uni choice?

Your only alternative, like you have written, is too apply for a move in October. Remember that you may possibly receive a new room allocation in January and then it may be too late for you to enjoy your new hall.

My advice is to prepare your mind for life in ashbourne. I have heard that it is actually decent. I doubt that you will be the only lad there, so don't be disheartened by the sheer number of women.

Keep an open mind rather than setting yourself up for failure.

On a lighter note, here is something that I found online

http://thetab.com/uk/manchester/2014/02/12/uom-*****est-halls-3396

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending