The Student Room Group

Nutrition and Dietetics applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Manisha__06
Hey! Thanks so much! I'm chuffed :smile:
I was doing a foundation year at Sheffield Hallam University really lucky we got our results 3 weeks after we sat the exams.

Are you waiting for Alevels? Waiting for those results are just agonizing, nonetheless very best of luck! Sure you got your firm in the bag :smile:

Well done :smile: bet you can't wait to start now!

I was waiting for my Access to HE results, I got the results a week ago! Thankfully I've surpassed my offer :biggrin:!
Hey, do any of you guys know if we have to do any preparatory reading for Nutrition and Dietetics at Surrey? Thanks.
Original post by Serotonin88
Hey, do any of you guys know if we have to do any preparatory reading for Nutrition and Dietetics at Surrey? Thanks.

I don't think so. I haven't been told I need to read anything, but they might tell us later when we get accepted
Original post by KatieAlicexxx
I don't think so. I haven't been told I need to read anything, but they might tell us later when we get accepted

I see - I got accepted a long while ago and I haven't received any info about preparatory reading, so I was just wondering if anyone else has heard anything :smile:

I hope everyone's summer is going well!
I've got yet another question for those going or wanting to go to Surrey; I'm trying to purchase the biosciences equipment (lab coat, goggles etc), and in the questionnaire on the online store it asks for the student's URN number, does anyone know what number this is supposed to be? Thanks!
Hey guys,

Congratulations to everyone who's been accepted this year!
I'm planning on applying next year but I was wondering if anyone had any advice, particularly in writing personal statements as I'm currently trying to write my first draft but I have no idea where to even start! I'm thinking of applying to Surrey, Notts, Plymouth and Coventry.. honestly any tips would be massively appreciated!
Good luck to you all receiving your results and hoping you got your first choice!
Do not feel disheartened if you didn't get the outcome you expected, everything happens for a reason and it always works out for the best!
Hope to see some of you in Surrey :smile:
Original post by Manisha__06
Good luck to you all receiving your results and hoping you got your first choice!
Do not feel disheartened if you didn't get the outcome you expected, everything happens for a reason and it always works out for the best!
Hope to see some of you in Surrey :smile:

I got into surrey!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I see Surrey is on clearing - for anyone who didn't get in to Dietetics this time - worth a phone call!?
Well done to everyone who got into their first choice university!
Quick question:

The advantages to a Dietetics course over
Courses like Nutrition/ Human Nutrition/ Nutritional Biochemistry are obvious (professional registration and an almost garyanteed job) but what are the advantages to the aforementioned courses? Would it be easier to, for example, go into Lecturing/Research with a non-dietetics Nutrition based course?
Original post by Anonbabes
It is cheaper, but I prefer the Priory Hall better. Ohh hopefully, my neighbours will be good and keep the volume down lol! There's earphones lol. I don't really go on Facebook. Why not PM me?

Hi! I have booked Priory too. My flat is on the 0/F, I afraid it might be really noisy. Can u give me some advice?
Original post by Tifftiff
Hi! I have booked Priory too. My flat is on the 0/F, I afraid it might be really noisy. Can u give me some advice?

What's 0/F.

I gave no idea

I'm in 4th floor
has anyone applied yet? I sent my application off last week and wondering how long it takes to hear back about interviews etc. I am so nervous I won't get any interviews
Reply 774
Original post by char.georigna
has anyone applied yet? I sent my application off last week and wondering how long it takes to hear back about interviews etc. I am so nervous I won't get any interviews

I'm hopefully applying this week! What unis have you applied to and have you heard anything back?
Original post by emma177
I'm hopefully applying this week! What unis have you applied to and have you heard anything back?

I applied to surry, nottingham, qmu edinburgh, coventry and leeds becket, I haven't heard anything yet, from any of those and haven't seen anyone who has, few people have interviews/offers from kings and chester though x
Original post by KatieAlicexxx
Hey! I'm applying to Nutrition and Dietetics for 2016 at Notts, Surrey, Kings, Cardiff Met and London Met
I'm predicted A*A*A, but I think I'll only get A*AA in psychology, biology and chemistry respectively, but you already knew all of that😛

Anyone else really worried about the interviews?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

with those grades why are you not studying medicine!!??
Reply 777
Hi! I was just wondering what kinds of questions you got asked on the kings interview day? I have an interview coming up soon!
Original post by oliviabrook23
with those grades why are you not studying medicine!!??

Only just seen this lol, I did consider medicine for a while but I decided against it as I knew it wouldn't enviably make me happy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey was wondering if anyone could give me an overview of where's best in England for dietetics? King's is coming up as really good from what i've researched but being in Scotland its difficult to get a good idea of where has a good reputation/people seem to enjoy it there! Where is everyones 1st choice and what are your reasonings? :smile: I'm currently studying medicine (1st year) but have realized that in the end I would really love to go down a dietetics/nutrition/health coaching pathway and am looking into whether it would be best to continue with my course and maybe do an intercalated year in dietetics or to change course, any advice/thoughts on that would also be greatly appreciated! x

Quick Reply

Latest