The Student Room Group

OCR A 2016 Chemistry A* A-Level Resources

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Hello. The link for F321 is broken, please kindly re-upload ... appreciate your cool help.
Reply 421
If anyone can help with PAG 11.1 it would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by RGPunt
If anyone can help with PAG 11.1 it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm here for the exact same reason.
Please do you have any tips?
Especially for organic chemistry? I always do terrible in the practice exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are we going to be asked questions in the exam about the PAG?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shohaib712
Are we going to be asked questions in the exam about the PAG?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, because we no longer do coursework or controlled assessments
Please do you have any tips?
Especially for organic chemistry? I always do terrible in the practice exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

If ur not understanding how it works i guess ur only option is to memorise how to use each mechanism and the tests. For this i suggest cue cards and writing it out at least ten times or until it sticks so that if anyone asks u to draw it out you'd be able to do it without thinking even if u hav no idea what ur doing:p:$.

Either this or u could ask ur teacher to explain it to u again but don't have the mindset of "i can't do this" otherwise u'll unconsciously give up before u can completely understand which will be very demotivating so it'll take u even longer to get it. Instead have the mindset of "i can do this".

Hope this helps:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you man!!! Really helpful!
What is the point of module 1? Do you need to know it?
And do we need to know about PAG? (Will we be tested on it?)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you man!!! Really helpful!
What is the point of module 1? Do you need to know it?
And do we need to know about PAG? (Will we be tested on it?)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. They will ask questions based on practicals you've done. Just remeber the steps and the names of the equipment u need to use for each test and u should be fine - plz look at ur spec to know which parts specifically u need to know about though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there one of these amazing threads for AQA?
Could someone pls attach the standard answers for F321 as the link given is not working thanks :smile:
Hi! I really wanted to open the F321 link for standard answers however it is no longer working. If possible, can you please post a new link? Thank You!
Original post by DrWriter66
Hi! I really wanted to open the F321 link for standard answers however it is no longer working. If possible, can you please post a new link? Thank You!

Let me crack down on providing a proper solution to this problem in the next week. It's getting ridiculous if people can't access the resources. Can anyone please confirm which resources are not available, if not all? Based on my testing I can access all resources without issue.
Original post by ForgottenApple
Let me crack down on providing a proper solution to this problem in the next week. It's getting ridiculous if people can't access the resources. Can anyone please confirm which resources are not available, if not all? Based on my testing I can access all resources without issue.

IMG_2406.JPG Got this mate
Original post by ForgottenApple

Hi, F321 isn't working. The other links are working fine :biggrin:
Thanks for these amazing resources, especially the organic notes!
Hi, F321 isn't working. The other links are working fine :biggrin:
Thanks for these amazing resources, especially the organic notes!

I will update all individual links on the main thread in due course, for now here are all my A Level Chemistry resources: (Probably a few extra unreleased resources oopsie :wink: )

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzqTgouKQqalWWpLNG9aZTZxYUE?usp=sharing
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 436
Hi everyone, I am retaking my chemistry A level this year but I am just not improving! I'm doing all the past papers but I'm still on Bs and Cs, - I really really need an A this year. Does anyone have any advice please, as to what might be going wrong? Or am I just really thick?
Reply 437
@ForgottenApple What are the keys to doing well in chemistry?? I got a C last year and I desperately need an A this year! I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me exactly what you did aside from just being really intelligent. Can an average person like me get an A if I do the right things?
Original post by xhxhxh
@ForgottenApple What are the keys to doing well in chemistry?? I got a C last year and I desperately need an A this year! I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me exactly what you did aside from just being really intelligent. Can an average person like me get an A if I do the right things?

Anyone can get an A.

1. No Music
2. Do Past Paper
3. Mark Past Paper
4. While marking paper what did you get wrong
5. Record score
6. Do you understand why you got it wrong?
7. Next paper, repeat.
8. Track all recorded scores on excel, they should trend upwards, if not return to step 6.

Chemistry is without a doubt the hardest A level you will be doing, so rise the challenge and spend the time to understand the content. (AND memorize the stuff you need to like definitions too).
Hi, does anyone have any notes on the new specification for OCR A (post 2016)? Im currently doing AS Chemistry and am struggling.

Quick Reply

Latest