The Student Room Group

Aston or hertfordshire uni?, TSR, i need you ooh ooh ooh oh (ndubz)

ive applied to both aston being my firm and herts my insurance.

the course im interested in is Business.

however with my grades I can either go to aston and study business with international relations

or

hertfordshire and study business management

therefore, the course is better at herts but aston seems to have a 10X BETTER nightlife and location than herts.(as ive found out on TSR)

the course at aston seems to only be half of the subject im interested in (business) and in herts the full subject. ive never done internationa relations in my life before.. what should i do?

i only have a few days to decide and i need to decide ASAP. sometimes i make my decision and then i wake up the next mornign and ive completly changed my mind again.

please tell me what YOU would do in my shoes?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
If I was you I would choose Herts as they do the full subject that you want to do especially if nightlife is the only thing stopping you from going there. I'm sure you can probably find a place where nightlife is good around that area.
Reply 3
ive recieved a neg rating from my post? weired all im doing is asking for advice
Reply 4
Original post by a112
ive recieved a neg rating from my post? weired all im doing is asking for advice

It's probably because you referenced N Dubz.
Reply 5
Original post by JaiiStarh
It's probably because you referenced N Dubz.

some people dont have a sense of humour
Aston's is more prestigous but Hertfordshire is slowly improving
Reply 7
Original post by a112
some people dont have a sense of humour

I've come to the conclusion that the majority of people on TSR do not have a sense of humor. :rolleyes:

In regards to your query though,I actually applied to Herts as well. I withdrew my offer from a Russel Group Uni to make Herts my firm instead. Personally,I love Hertfordshire as a University,my course looks interesting there,and they offer you the chance to study abroad. I had reservations because I know it is in Hatfield which is basically a village...in my eyes anyway. But then don't forget you have St Albans,Watford and London just around the corner.

When it comes to making your final decision I suggest you look very closely at the course content for each University,find out how much flexibility there is when it comes to modules,and also look at the graduate employment figures for your course.

Hope you end up making the right decision.:smile:
Reply 8
Original post by JaiiStarh
I've come to the conclusion that the majority of people on TSR do not have a sense of humor. :rolleyes:

In regards to your query though,I actually applied to Herts as well. I withdrew my offer from a Russel Group Uni to make Herts my firm instead. Personally,I love Hertfordshire as a University,my course looks interesting there,and they offer you the chance to study abroad. I had reservations because I know it is in Hatfield which is basically a village...in my eyes anyway. But then don't forget you have St Albans,Watford and London just around the corner.

When it comes to making your final decision I suggest you look very closely at the course content for each University,find out how much flexibility there is when it comes to modules,and also look at the graduate employment figures for your course.

Hope you end up making the right decision.:smile:

thanks for that have u been to hatfield yet?
Make a pro-con list. That always helps me make difficult decisions.
Gowith what you feel is right. If it were me I would go for Aston because its in Birmingham (which beats Hatfield) and it's generally considered a better uni. The courses probably wont be that different.
Original post by a112
thanks for that have u been to hatfield yet?

Yup,I've been quite a few times. I can't lie,it is a bit of a ****hole lool. The students on campus make it fun though apparently.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending