The Student Room Group

Unpopular Food and Drink Opinions

Scroll to see replies

I had mushrooms as well, I used to hate onions texture, although I liked the flavour. Ever since I ate an onion bhaji however, I have been hooked and now can eat onions in any form xD
Cream Soda and Kedgeree are reserved for the devil. :colone:

Otherwise I like just about anything to eat!! (Mind out of the gutter people :wink:)

Another thought: a proper Cypriot (or Greek) kebab is Nirvana; a Donner Kebab is reserved only for when one is so drunk normal brain function ceases to exist!
Reply 102
Original post by Veneta
x

I would give my right arm for a big bowl of noodle soup right now!
Reply 103
Southern fried chicken from supermarkets is nicer than KFC - it's scrumptous but not as oily/fatty/poisonous.

e.g.
015030.jpg
Reply 104
Peanut butter straight from the jar :coma:
Green peas are the worst vegetable out there.
Reply 106
Bacon is just ok. It's not worth starting a fight over.

Ketchup goes in the fridge.

Scone rhymes with tone.

Cream first, then jam on scones.
Reply 107
I absolutely loathe Pringles ... they're disgusting, taste just like really stale crisps and I don't understand the love so many people have for them!? :confused:

I also can't stand eggs in any form or mayonnaise in/on anything.
Reply 108
Original post by Fusion
Southern fried chicken from supermarkets is nicer than KFC - it's scrumptous but not as oily/fatty/poisonous.

e.g.
015030.jpg

You know what's better than both? Home made southern fried chicken. It's really easy, you can season it exactly how you like, and it costs about £3 to make a whole bargain bucket worth.
My brother raised me on peanut butter and syrup sandwiches. So good, hahaha.

I'm also fond of cottage cheese and applesauce. Lots of people used to give me odd looks for it, but I see combo packs like that sold in the stores now, so I can't be the only nutcase on the planet!
Original post by LonelyTimeLord
I had mushrooms as well, I used to hate onions texture, although I liked the flavour. Ever since I ate an onion bhaji however, I have been hooked and now can eat onions in any form xD

I tell a lie about hating onions in every way... I love onion bhajis too :tongue: go figure!
Original post by outlaw-torn
I tell a lie about hating onions in every way... I love onion bhajis too :tongue: go figure!

haha! They are really nice, especially ones from a indian take away
I can't stand mince. The texture just makes me want to throw up >_<
Reply 113
Garlic bread is horrible.
Reply 114
Original post by Just Like You
My brother raised me on peanut butter and syrup sandwiches. So good, hahaha.

I'm also fond of cottage cheese and applesauce. Lots of people used to give me odd looks for it, but I see combo packs like that sold in the stores now, so I can't be the only nutcase on the planet!

Wouldn't the two textures just clash? Eww. Then again, while I can tolerate cottage cheese (on a jacket potato, for example) I can't stand apple sauce, so maybe I'm just biased!

Cheese and tomato ketchup on white bread is the best sandwich combo ever, just sayin'. ...closely followed by cheddar cheese and raw onion.
Reply 115
Mayonnaise is amazing in every way.
Original post by Contrad!ction.
I also like burgers with a slice of pineapple in them.

Or two. :coma:

I really want to try this now.
Get a regular hamburger
Cover it in maple syrup
WIN
Original post by jeh_jeh
Wouldn't the two textures just clash? Eww. Then again, while I can tolerate cottage cheese (on a jacket potato, for example) I can't stand apple sauce, so maybe I'm just biased!

The textures do clash a bit, but nothing revolting. For me at least. But the flavors are sooo good!
Reply 119
Plain crisps are better than salt and vinager ones.

Quick Reply

Latest