The Student Room Group

Wjec Psychology PY3 & PY4 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Miracle Day
Doing 2 hours a week for January's PY3 and 2 hours for June's PY4 ****! I started Relationships for Section B, and I still need to buy the WJEC book! I'm so screwed haha the content is massive!

Buy the book, it's so helpful. I think you should get the teacher version to. It just explains how to structure essays and what your looking to include and so on - both together are the ultimate combination lol.

I'm probably start revising after I've done my university application, so yeah.

Okay going to post my aims here nice and early.

Total UMS after As: 149 -_-
Ums wanted in PY3: 80
UMS wanted in PY4: 91

It doesn't actually seem so bad when you look at the raw mark to Ums conversions and see 100 raw marks in PY4 is 120 ums, and that 65 raw marks in PY4 was an A overall

Total UMS after As: 171 :biggrin:
Ums wanted in PY3: 70 or over.
Ums wanted in PY4: 110 or over.

Nearly done with boring A-levels.
Sesho, what's your name btw?

and do you know the exact 5 essay questions that come up in Py3?
Reply 22
Total UMS marks after AS-177.
So glad I never have to do PY2 again! Erm PY3 I think it's advantages and disadvantages of the scientific method, if psychology is a science and maybe ethics? Not sure of the last one sorry!
Sesho, what's your name btw?

and do you know the exact 5 essay questions that come up in Py3?

Sesshomaru24U :b Yeah the 5 essay questions are:
1.Introduction to issues in research
2.The use of the scientific method in psychology
3. Ethical issues and human participants
4. Ethical issues and non-human animals
5. Ethical issues in applications of psychology

Do you not have the wjec textbook? I recommend getting it from amazon. Totally worth it, basically contains the answers and advice on how to get an A.

Original post by LJ95
Total UMS marks after AS-177.
So glad I never have to do PY2 again! Erm PY3 I think it's advantages and disadvantages of the scientific method, if psychology is a science and maybe ethics? Not sure of the last one sorry!

Awesome job, you must have got an A in PY1 as well from your score. Best of luck!
Original post by Sesshomaru24U
Sesshomaru24U :b Yeah the 5 essay questions are:
1.Introduction to issues in research
2.The use of the scientific method in psychology
3. Ethical issues and human participants
4. Ethical issues and non-human animals
5. Ethical issues in applications of psychology

Do you not have the wjec textbook? I recommend getting it from amazon. Totally worth it, basically contains the answers and advice on how to get an A.

Awesome job, you must have got an A in PY1 as well from your score. Best of luck!

Yeah Oh right, so we don't actually know what question out of those 5 essay answes?

Today my teacher told me it was "Is Psychology a science or not" but after looking at a past paper there was one asking is it being a science a good thing?

And Im gonna get the book when I have some money haha
Yeah Oh right, so we don't actually know what question out of those 5 essay answes?

Today my teacher told me it was "Is Psychology a science or not" but after looking at a past paper there was one asking is it being a science a good thing?

And Im gonna get the book when I have some money haha

The questions are basically this:
-Discuss the advantages of the use of the scientific method in psychology
-Discuss the disadvantages of the use of the scientific method in psychology
-Discuss ethical issues in the use of human participants in research in psychology.
-Discuss ways of dealing with ethical issues when using human participants in research in psychology
-Discuss ethical issues in the use of non-human animals in research in psychology
Discuss ethical issues arising from two applications of psychology in the real world

Basically you only need to learn 5 essays.
The questions are basically this:
-Discuss the advantages of the use of the scientific method in psychology
-Discuss the disadvantages of the use of the scientific method in psychology
-Discuss ethical issues in the use of human participants in research in psychology.
-Discuss ways of dealing with ethical issues when using human participants in research in psychology
-Discuss ethical issues in the use of non-human animals in research in psychology
Discuss ethical issues arising from two applications of psychology in the real world

Basically you only need to learn 5 essays.

That's 6? haha
That's 6? haha

You get asked 3, but only need to answer 2. In other words you only need to learn 5.
You get asked 3, but only need to answer 2. In other words you only need to learn 5.

Oh I get it what you mean. I'll just not learn the hardest one haha
Reply 29
Okay going to post my aims here nice and early.

Total UMS after As: 149 -_-
Ums wanted in PY3: 80
UMS wanted in PY4: 91

It doesn't actually seem so bad when you look at the raw mark to Ums conversions and see 100 raw marks in PY4 is 120 ums, and that 65 raw marks in PY4 was an A overall

My total UMS after As: 151 (PY1=54 PY2=97)
Ums wanted PY3: 85
I really want an A, and I'm considering to resit PY1 in Jan, not sure if I should, I can get an A without resitting but means I have to work hard to get almost full marks in the next exams.

Just happy I don't have to resit PY2, It was soooooo long revising all those studies.. I must say though AS Psychology was alot to do with memory
Original post by casb03
My total UMS after As: 151 (PY1=54 PY2=97)
I really want an A, and I'm considering to resit PY1 in Jan, not sure if I should, I can get an A without resitting but means I have to work hard to get almost full marks in the next exams.

Just happy I don't have to resit PY2, It was soooooo long revising all those studies.. I must say though AS Psychology was alot to do with memory

So is A2 by the looks especially PY4

I personally don't doubt I can get full marks, or near enough in PY3. It looks easy
Reply 31
We are doing PY4 first and then we start PY3 after January! I have the june 2012 PY4 paper but does anyone have the mark scheme?
Resitting PY1 in January. Going to be so hard :frown:

Why? Best of luck though. You can do it! considering you did 1 question wrong last time and got 1 off and A :biggrin:

By the way, if you want I have a bunch of revision notes and essays I wrote out. You'll have to shorten down the essays though, cause there is a lot to write.
By the way, if you want I have a bunch of revision notes and essays I wrote out. You'll have to shorten down the essays though, cause there is a lot to write.

Yes please <3 I haven't touched Py1 material in a year so that'll be awesome <3
I noticed how 2 years ago there were loads of people doing WJEC psychology, the thread about it was booming.

Anyway, what are you doing for PY4? All I know is we're doing relationships.

And also, do you have the PY3 model answers yet?
I noticed how 2 years ago there were loads of people doing WJEC psychology, the thread about it was booming.

Anyway, what are you doing for PY4? All I know is we're doing relationships.

And also, do you have the PY3 model answers yet?

For my Py1 it turns out I lost my cognitive and psychodynamic essays, sorry. Also in some of my answers I've kind of explained by bullet pointing, don't do that in the exam - just write it out as a sentence. I highly recommend you cut down chemotherapy, that seems mostly likely to come up. I'll pm the link to you

Less and less people doing wjec, because it's harder to then well in then aqa xD Also for PY4 I've doing level of consciousness, abnormal, and I haven't decided between memory or intelligence.

For PY3 I still haven't started, because I haven't completed my personal statement xb When I get that done (which should be quite soon, I just need to fix it up and read some books) then I'll start working on PY3.
thanks for that :smile:

For PY4 we're doing Relationships, Abnormality and crime.. damn :/
[QUOTE=Sesshomaru24U;39905580

Less and less people doing wjec, because it's harder to then well in then aqa xD Also for PY4 I've doing level of consciousness, abnormal, and I haven't decided between memory or intelligence.

I dont know where you got the idea AQA is easier. I have taught many students on AQA as a private tutor usually contacted when students get stuck!

The numbers on WJEC are streadily rising although not as big as AQA ( hence marking tends to be more reliable). I suspect there are no people asking for help here because WJEC is straightforward and so no one has problems.

I certainly dont have any and the results are good, students generally pleased and I cant fault the help from the board.

Now neg rep that! It seems if anyone tell you lot off you neg rep it. No matter how wrong you ( Yes YOU) maybe.

Quick Reply