Brighton

Scroll to see replies

I cant wait! =)

A tsr meet up sounds kewl!
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 141
i wish i was accepted in sussex. now i choose death.
Reply 142
ghetto_faboulus
i wish i was accepted in sussex. now i choose death.

Try to stay positive there GF...there is more to life than Sussex :smile:
Well as for rivalry with Brighton...noooo, I wouldn't say that. We just happen to have better events, a cooler atmosphere, and higher rankings. So no, no rivalry really.

The Freshers Ball is the culmination of all the crazy events we've got planned for you in Freshers Week...a massive party on campus basically. Prepare yourselves...

But if partying isn't your thang, no worries - there are loads of different events on offer during Freshers, including chilled-out gigs, bowling tourneys, karaoke nights, and more.
I'm organising some bits which will inevitably end up in michael run down

The first one is on the saturday most of you will be moving in
shuffle variety - Saturday September 23rd in east slope bar free
Sussex's finest dj's, the best new comedians and with performances from the undiscovered music talent of Brighton, it's a bit like the royal variety show only better, free and with cheap beer.

shuffle - Wednesday September 27th in the houthouse £3
A night of classic pop, party rock, hip-hop and r'n'b hits, top quality dance and all your freshers' anthems; kelvin and dan serve a dose of unpretentious and shameless fun with music so good you'll know the words to every song.

so you should definately come along to those they'll be great though i am a little bias

also there's a myspace profile been set up for fans of the best bar on campus east slope which apparently is gonna be updated with things going on during freshers week and the rest of the year

the address is http://www.myspace.com/eastslopeappreciators

i'll post up some flyers and posters when they are finished

and well done on getting your grades

kelvin
Reply 145
Ooh I cant wait for a proper Freshers Week... We couldnt afford one at Thames Valley University as its taken over Reading College and is completely skint. May the overaged partying begin with gusto...:biggrin:
Hey Kelvin, how did you get nights at the bar? I've put on a few gigs at a local venue with friends bands and stuff and would love to get into it in Brighton. The uni seems a good place to start!
you'd need to speak to the bar management a bloke called tarek, but my personal tip would be to get involved in the student radio station, they are always putting on events on campus and looking for people to get involved, plus they are a great lot, can test the water as it were and maybe do a show

k

Latest