The Student Room Group

VTB capital

Just got rejected after messing up the numerical test. Bloody talent q tests, why cant they be easy like the shl ones :wink: Very annoyed as I spent ages on the actual application.

Has anyone else had any luck with them though out of interest?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by coconutx
Just got rejected after messing up the numerical test. Bloody talent q tests, why cant they be easy like the shl ones :wink: Very annoyed as I spent ages on the actual application.

in soviet russia, investment bank trades you!!!

couldn't resist.

Feel free to PM me :smile: Good luck with the rest of your applications.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Hey,

When did you apply for the job and how long it take for them to get back to you?

Vim
Reply 4
Original post by Monaco Knight
Sorry to hear that.
I have pretty strong links with VTB Capital, direct contact with the Head of Natural Resources Giles Coffey (heard of him by any chance?). I'd be more than happy to recommend you to him or at the very least, open the door to get something going. It may not be in the department you were initially looking to get into though.

Feel free to PM me :smile: Good luck with the rest of your applications.

Hey thanks, check your PM.

@vpatel3110 also check your PM.
Reply 5

They hire Ruskies only I hear
Please check PM. Thanks.

Reply 7
I had a telephone interview with VTBC on last Wednesday.

I have had some before and to be honest, the VTB's HR is not the politest one...
I have been asked numerous questions which instead of supporting my application, they were trying to fail me.
For instance:
'Did you get any negative feedback? If so, why did you get it?' or 'Why arent you applying for a placement in engineering instead of IB?' (I am doing an eng course)..

They told me, I will hear them back in few days, but there is no response so far... It's a pity as I personally find VTB more appealing than JP Morgan or Goldman Sachs. They have got great Research Division (especially commodities) and their M&A is unbeatable in Eastern Europe. It would have been a great chance to improve my Russian or even to visit Moscow...:frown:

Anyway-good luck guys with your applications!Hopefully will find our way to the City:smile:!!
Reply 8
Applied last week and have been invited to sit the nunerical test today.
Reply 9
Just wondering if anyone could provide a bit more detail on the questions they ask, in the email it says its just competency based, not sure the questions to expect though.
Reply 10
I have been asked the typical ones: Why vtb, why ib etc... It is only the way they asked me was a bit odd. It was very formal and very 'cold'... Anyway-just have a look at other interviews descriptions for similar position. It wont be too much different. Good luck with it!
Reply 11
Thanks Luke
Original post by Maggieffc
Applied last week and have been invited to sit the nunerical test today.

did u get confirmation email for your application?
Reply 13
I didnt get any and same my friends applying...
Reply 14
Original post by achilleas999
did u get confirmation email for your application?

Yep. But I think it took them a few days. Then got an invitation to the online tests a couple of days later.
thanks guys
Anyone know how many interns they take on? Or what the process is like?
Reply 17
London's office is (as far as I know) quite small - less than a thousand people so obviously they can't take too many of interns (e.g BarCap takes 250 of interns for IT alone...). I guess its around 50 for all divisions-but that makes it even more competitive and more prestigious :P. The process of recruitment( if its that what you mean) is similar to other- you can check it on their website.

Anyone get any info about next stages of recruitment? Any invitations for AC? How the interview went?:smile:
Reply 18
Does anybody know what is the difference between London and Moscow office? Is it better to apply to one than the other?
Reply 19
@manutd- my friends who applied there were so confused that they got there in so easily that they asked the HR how many interns they hire for summer. 250 was their response- it may contain the industrial placements - I can ask them for more details if you want.
Why are you asking by the way?

@mike
If you are 100% fluent in russian then Moscow would be an obvious choice. I reckon Moscow is their main HQ, but its up to you where to have the placement, it is pretty late for submiting the application, though. Good luck with it!:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending