The Student Room Group

Facebook is too invasive.

So Facebook has a new layout. Here's what it looks like if you haven't already gotten it; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2074554/Facebook-timeline-feature-Mixed-reaction-latest-changes.html

With the current one, you can see just about everything that happens. If a friend posts a comment to somebody else, it appears on the top right tab. You can see just about anything and everything that your friends get up to and they can can see you too. I don't know about anybody else but i find this extremely invasive.

It's showing far too much information which is visible to everyone in your friends list be they friends, family, workmates, acquaintances e.t.c For example if you post on a friends wall about last night's shenanigans or who cheated on who,with who, then you better believe that everybody on both the people's friends list will know about it.

This has gone too far what do you guys thing about it?

Scroll to see replies

Looks horrid, its gonna be horrid and I dont want it but they will end up forcing it on me. Yes, it is very invasive.
Reply 2
Looks just like Bebo.
Original post by Elwyn
Looks just like Bebo.

More like twitter. Thats all facebook does nowadays.
Scary really... Whats even more scary is how many people will continue to share every detail about their lives on the site

I'm on Facebook but find myself using it less and less
Shame. Facebook is really fun and useful, but I don't want to have to log off every time I look at a newspaper.

And why is everyone suddenly reading articles from around 1995?
I've pretty much stopped using facebook. I only use it to respond to messages and event invitations.
Reply 7
Don't like it, don't use it and delete your account.

I only use Facebook for university group work now as it's the preferred method of collaboration with others, don't bother wasting time with anything else.
I got out at the right time oh yeahr!
its as invasive as you allow it to be...

actually wow, don't like that!!! that is horrible!!! OMG how can they do this!!!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
Then don't use it. I don't have one myself for pretty much the same reasons
Reply 11
What the ****. Looks like Hi5 or something

Safe to say Facebook is going to go out of fashion once any decent alternative comes out.
Reply 12
that is the worst layout i have ever seen... thank god i havnt got it yet! facebook is just getting stupid now, i would leave it, but all of my friends are on there and its our main source of planning/ communication so i would be pretty screwed without it : \
Reply 13
See this is what sort of pisses me off, i dont get why people complain about all these privacy issues when it comes to your friends. I have 40 true friends/relatives on my facebook, sure if i add all my meaningless school friends, collegues etc then it would be in the hundreds but there is no need. I feel comfortable sharing anything with all my friends on there, and if it is something i only want certain people to know i will pm them. Simples!
Original post by Octohedral
Shame. Facebook is really fun and useful, but I don't want to have to log off every time I look at a newspaper.

And why is everyone suddenly reading articles from around 1995?

Oh yeah, and it tells you who read what, and they're from the Washington Post in the 90s.
why do they always have to go and ruin stuff....this is how bebo died.
Wah wah wah. Delete your account.
Reply 17
Tbh, it's a case of don't try and fix something when it's not broken.
I'd leave facebook right now if it werent for the fact that group work is done on there. And notices about upcoming events with the universitys societies.
Original post by Pn94
Tbh, it's a case of don't try and fix something when it's not broken.

Love that :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending