The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster 2012 Postgraduate Applicants

Hi all,

As there is a thread for undergraduate applicants I thought it would be good to open one for postgrads as well.

I have applied for MA Creative Arts Consultancy, for which I already got an offer and for MSc Management (still waiting).

What have you applied for and have you already heard anything?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Steffis
Hi all,

As there is a thread for undergraduate applicants I thought it would be good to open one for postgrads as well.

I have applied for MA Creative Arts Consultancy, for which I already got an offer and for MSc Management (still waiting).

What have you applied for and have you already heard anything?

Hey!
I have applied for the MA in Language Studies. Just sent the application yesterday. When did you apply and when did you get your reply?

Congrats on the first offer and good luck with the other!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
I applied about six weeks ago and got a reply about three weeks after.

Good luck with your application :smile:
This place sure is quiet...Anyone else applying to Lancaster? I have already got an unconditional offer for the MA in Language Studies (woohoo! :beer:)
Reply 4
I think a lot of applications for post-grad occur later in the year. I seem to remember applying for Lancaster later than this and I know many people I met in Grad had applied during the summer.
Reply 5
i applied on 13th Jan and still havent heard from it. what should i do? the status shows "received", is that right?
Reply 6
Yeah, mine showed received for a while :smile:
Reply 7
Got in for a MRes in Criminology. Need a 2:1 sheer and utter panic stations! Can't wait :smile:
Hey all. I got onto the Ph.D in Media & Cultural Studies but funding is key and am waiting on that, so I'm in but not in. Easiest staff I've ever dealt with, an absolute pleasure.
Lot of postgrads here!

Where did you all study for undergrad out of interest?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
I have an unconditional offer for MSc in Operational research and Management Science. would love to speak to someone else on the same course
Original post by North Irelandman
Lot of postgrads here!

Where did you all study for undergrad out of interest?

Did my BA at Man Met and my MPhil at Cambridge.
Reply 12
Hi!

I'm applying only for 2013 and since I'm from the EU I'm finding the application processes a bit daunting.

I really hope I get accepted to Lancaster when I apply :/ I'm really excited about the course and the campus.

Did you find it easy to apply? Do the responses arrive early (usually)?

Do you have any advice? I'm so nervous already!

I want to apply for Creative Writing MA, by the way.

Thanks!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Thriwien15
Hi!

I'm applying only for 2013 and since I'm from the EU I'm finding the application processes a bit daunting.

I really hope I get accepted to Lancaster when I apply :/ I'm really excited about the course and the campus.

Did you find it easy to apply? Do the responses arrive early (usually)?

Do you have any advice? I'm so nervous already!

I want to apply for Creative Writing MA, by the way.

Thanks!

It sort of depends on the department and its staff; I have found the staff from the Linguistics and English Language department and the admission officers from the FASS incredibly attentive and supportive, not to mention that they always answered even the littlest query I had and did it promptly. As for the responses, mine took only 14 days from the day they received all the mandatory documentation, so I wouldn't worry about the wait (although it all depends on the department, as I said). Anyways, best of luck with the application! I have already accepted my offer :biggrin: *Excitement*
Reply 14
Original post by FrozenCharlotte
It sort of depends on the department and its staff; I have found the staff from the Linguistics and English Language department and the admission officers from the FASS incredibly attentive and supportive, not to mention that they always answered even the littlest query I had and did it promptly. As for the responses, mine took only 14 days from the day they received all the mandatory documentation, so I wouldn't worry about the wait (although it all depends on the department, as I said). Anyways, best of luck with the application! I have already accepted my offer :biggrin: *Excitement*

Wow congrats! ^^ I always feel so happy to hear acceptance stories :biggrin: did you apply for 2012? Which course?

Thanks for the help too, I thought the wait could take months lol
Original post by Thriwien15
Wow congrats! ^^ I always feel so happy to hear acceptance stories :biggrin: did you apply for 2012? Which course?

Thanks for the help too, I thought the wait could take months lol

MA Language Studies :tongue: Best of luck. Let me know how it goes!
Reply 16
Thanks ^^

I asked the university when I would have to apply, and they said I'd have to wait until after October 2012.

Still have a long wait :frown:

The more I think about it, the more I want to be there already lol

Good luck to you as well. Have fun ^^
Reply 17
Got accepted for MA History but now have the horrible decision of whether or not to accept before I hear back about funding. eek!

Very excited to have been offered a place though! :biggrin:
Original post by Nixiii
Got accepted for MA History but now have the horrible decision of whether or not to accept before I hear back about funding. eek!

Very excited to have been offered a place though! :biggrin:

Congrats!

And yeah, it kinda sucks that the offer has to be accepted before you even get the chance of applying for funding :s-smilie: Good luck!
You can always later decline the offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending