The Student Room Group

Help needed in selecting degree

I only want to go for masters for prestige and improving job prospects but I have no idea which university to select I have an offer made from these places:

Warwick-WMG Management for Business Excellence
Manchester Business School-Management
Nottingham University Business School-Management
Bristol-Management
Strathclyde- International Management
Bath- Management

Please rank these for me! Thanks
Reply 1
Reply 2

If they were strictly MBA I would use the bschools ranking, but this type of master is relatively new in the market so I think it is difficult to be guided just by their ranking, so in terms of prestige, I would take the overall reputation of the university, thus I think Manchester would be a good choice.
Reply 3
Original post by Econla
If they were strictly MBA I would use the bschools ranking, but this type of master is relatively new in the market so I think it is difficult to be guided just by their ranking, so in terms of prestige, I would take the overall reputation of the university, thus I think Manchester would be a good choice.

I agree with the unreliability of the rank as it, but it is a fair starting post.

Prestige as in overall feeling? Say if you were to quickly rush around TSR and ask people to rank these universities in general rather than by subject, under- or postgraduate? You would rank Manchester above Bath and Warwick?
Reply 4
Prestige as in brand value and it is for Postgraduate Level.

Quick Reply

Latest