The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Politics and International Relations at Aberdeen

Has anyone received an offer for politics and international relations at Aberdeen yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nope!
Where else did you apply?
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 2
Ehhhm Glasgow for Politics and Public Policy, Dundee for International Relations and Politics, Stirling for International Politics and Abertay for media which I got an unconditional for (so shocked!!) you? :smile: What did you get/predicted to get in your exams? :smile:
Reply 3
I received an unconditional offer for Politics and International Relations today! I hope you guys get an offer soon.
I've not heard anything yet. Applied for History/Politics though, I don't know if that might delay a decision in any way. Good luck guys :smile:
Reply 5
Got AAAAB in Maths, English, German, Mod Studs and the B in Chemistry.

Got an unconditional for IR and German on Saturday :biggrin:
Reply 6
Oh cool! Well done guys! When did you send your applications off? I'm crapping it now!!!
I've got an unconditional for IR but with history yesterday.
Reply 8
i got an unconditional on the 25th... for politics and IR. they took a while to get back. going out of my mind for ages. hope you guys hear soon!
Reply 9
Hi I just got a conditional offer for IR and sociology and I am actually happy as the conditions are very low. My problem is that I actually wanted to apply for politics and IR and I must have mixed it up on UCAS. Do you think it is too late to do anything about it? I really do not want to lose the offer so is it possible to change courses when I go there? I would really prefer politics!
Original post by Frieda
Hi I just got a conditional offer for IR and sociology and I am actually happy as the conditions are very low. My problem is that I actually wanted to apply for politics and IR and I must have mixed it up on UCAS. Do you think it is too late to do anything about it? I really do not want to lose the offer so is it possible to change courses when I go there? I would really prefer politics!

Yeah, it is clearly stated that you are accepted as a student, then once you're there you can choose different courses =)
Reply 11
Thank you! I rang them up and they told me to write an e-mail so now I have to be patient :wink:
Reply 12
I've also got unconditional for Politics and IR :smile: I'm very excited!
I sent my application in November and still I havent heard anything back yet?
What grades are they expecting for this course?
Reply 14
Hey guys, about two - three weeks ago I received a conditional offer for IR and politics. To tell you the truth I think that will be my firm. Good luck to all, hope I'll see some of you in September. :smile: btw I'm from Bulgaria.
Reply 15
Just got my unconditional :smile:
Reply 16
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by qwerty4444
Hey, I'm thinking of applying to Aberdeen for entry in 2013, possible for politics and international relations. However, I'm English, is Aberdeen abit like Edinburgh in the regard that they put BBB down in the prospectus to attract more Scottish applicants, and then any English applicants they give a place to they give an offer is AAA. Or are the required grades in the prospectus's accurate?

Thanks

There are two different requirements because there are two different exams in each country.
Reply 18
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by qwerty4444
Yeah, but Edinburgh usually put BBBBB (for Scottish highers- however many you do), to encourage a wider range of Scottish applicants. They have the offer at BBB for A levels too for some reason, but only ever give AAA offers out. I'm just wondering if any English applicants have received an offer offer (and whether it matched the grades given in the prospectus)?:smile:

No they don't... Edinburgh have notoriously high entry requirements: for Politics it's AAAA, the highest uni's can ask.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending