Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University Firmers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ladyliesel
Hi!

I’m going to be studying history. I’m looking at a superior ensuite in either Pendle or Cartmel.

History and Cartmel College is a wonderful combination! You have good taste :tongue:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by katrine
Hiiiyaa!

I've firmed for Politics! :biggrin:
I haven't decided what subjects to choose...Im thinking of Criminology if it's possible...but I still don't know...
Have u applied for accommodation?

Oooh awesome, hope to see you there!

I'm thinking of applying to Pendle accommodation wise but the opening for application isn't until the end of May I believe :/
Original post by lora_s
Heya! I've firmed Politics and IR as well! Since our major counts as 1, we can choose two minors in 1st year! I'm thinking of doing either 2 languages, or 1 language+ economics.

Ah glad to hear another Pol/IR firmer :smile: Aaah I just checked the prospectus again and still can't decide two to minor in, definitely one will be Spanish though I love the language and possibly Business, might check out if they have Marketing or PR in particular however I'm not sure if that's a great combination with Pol and IR (?) :/

What would you guys suggest?
Reply 103
I've firmed Lancaster for French and History joint honours :smile: with Chester as my insurance. I'm thinking ensuite accomodation in Bowland or Fylde :smile:
Reply 104
Hi

I've firmed Media and Cultural Studies with English Literature... and have decided on County superior standard or Furness upgraded standard for accommodation!

:smile:
Reply 105
Original post by binnie_
I've firmed Lanc for Media and Cultural Studies.
Now I have a really hard time choosing what to minor in. I can't decide if I should choose something to contribute to my degree.. like Eng and Creative Writing or Film Studies.. or something that contrasts it. I'm very interested in a Biological or Biomedical degree but I don't think those can be taken as a minor. Ugh, I just can't figure out what courses can be chosen as minors..

I'm having exactly the same problem!! I'm studying the same subject (well, hopefully!) and have no idea what to minor in either....
Original post by Charl1211
I've firmed Lancaster for French and History joint honours :smile: with Chester as my insurance. I'm thinking ensuite accomodation in Bowland or Fylde :smile:

Woo French! Might see you there :biggrin:
Reply 107
Original post by Baconsarnie

I'm thinking of applying to Pendle accommodation wise but the opening for application isn't until the end of May I believe :/

Hope that too! :biggrin:

No u can apply if u want! I have applied already for it but I am still waiting to hear from them coz they still don't know how many students are gonna be in the uni...
Reply 108
firmed Geography BSc (:
I've firmed Computer Science, still unsure on which accomodation to pick though. :/
Just firmed the Management dual-option. BBA (Study Abroad) and the Business Studies. BBA Course = AAA need, Business Studies = AAB needed. Got a politics re-sit on Monday, so if that goes well I should be getting on to the AAB course at least :smile:

Anyoneelse firmed a course in the Management school?

Which accomodation is closest to the business school lecture area? Preferably want to be staying somewhere where I can roll out of bed into trackies and into lectures if im hanging like hell haha.
I firmed for Computer Science.
Thinking Superior Standard in Pendle for accommodation.
Alex
Original post by heroes1308
Just firmed the Management dual-option. BBA (Study Abroad) and the Business Studies. BBA Course = AAA need, Business Studies = AAB needed. Got a politics re-sit on Monday, so if that goes well I should be getting on to the AAB course at least :smile:

Anyone else firmed a course in the Management school?

Which accomodation is closest to the business school lecture area? Preferably want to be staying somewhere where I can roll out of bed into trackies and into lectures if im hanging like hell haha.

Hey! Yeah I firmed the BBA Management (study abroad) option too! You're the only other person in this thread who has done though.

I'm thinking Grizedale since it's literally right next to the Management School, plus the option of a townhouse coupled with regular hog roasts kind of sealed the deal.
Reply 113
hi
i have firmed computer science :smile: for accomodation thinking grizedale im still deciding on the second option
Reply 114
I've firmed a conditional offer for Biological Sciences today...:biggrin: A bit off topic but I would appreciate it if anyone (parent-students etc) can provide any info - what is the preschool centre like?
I have applied for my little one to attend from Oct 2012, and I'm trying to gather as much info as possible.:question:
Original post by jennyfb
I've firmed a conditional offer for Biological Sciences today...:biggrin: A bit off topic but I would appreciate it if anyone (parent-students etc) can provide any info - what is the preschool centre like?
I have applied for my little one to attend from Oct 2012, and I'm trying to gather as much info as possible.:question:

It looks nice from the outside, and judging from the large number of young children that can be seen with their parents on campus, I would speculate that it is quite good because otherwise I doubt they'd use it? Sorry I can't be more help :redface:
Firmed Lancaster for Physics with particle physics and cosmology, but swapping to straight physics if I get there :smile: also I'm thinking of either Bowland (Upgraded Standard) or County (Superior Standard)
Reply 117
Original post by Baconsarnie

Pendle :smile:
Reply 118
Has anyone received any further information about applying for accommodation yet? :smile:
Original post by Charl1211
Has anyone received any further information about applying for accommodation yet? :smile:

i haven't, but have heard that you get an email around the end of may/beginning of june though so hopefully it will be soon! presumably everyone will get them at about the same time?

Quick Reply

Latest