The Student Room Group

AQA Core 4 Exam Discussion 14/06/2012 !Poll, paper and unofficial MS (first post)!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Taz123
Hey guys just wondering is this type of question

Rsin(x+a)

Still part of the syllabus cos it hasnt come up recently?

Certainly is.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Really nervous for this exam! Only started revising today! :frown: Think i've left it too late
Reply 82
Original post by gurjitsingh
Really nervous for this exam! Only started revising today! :frown: Think i've left it too late

Don't be, there's still 16 days left. You can manage 2 past papers a day plus do them all again within that time scale! Make it count!
Original post by Cath-ay
Don't be, there's still 16 days left. You can manage 2 past papers a day plus do them all again within that time scale! Make it count!

That's true but I haven't gone over all the content yet? :/
Reply 84
That's true but I haven't gone over all the content yet? :/

There's still time to do that too, if you work hard. what topics do you need to learn?
Original post by Cath-ay
There's still time to do that too, if you work hard. what topics do you need to learn?

Thank you, and I need to do:
-Implicit Differentiation
-Exponential growth and decay
-Differential equations
-Vectors
-Further trig and integration

:frown:
Reply 86
Original post by hassi94
Well I did, but that's beside the point. I should still notice if it's harder or not. A lot of people complained that Core 3 questions this jan were longer and deeper rather than many short ones. Was core 4 the same (I can't remember to be honest)?

I fall on your side, having done that January Core 4 paper today, I found no issues with it at all, and seemed pretty standard (bear in mind I've only done two other past papers, the rest of my work has been textbook/notes revision so it may stand out as being of a different level by the time I've finished the rest). Just my two cents on that one.
Reply 87
Thank you, and I need to do:
-Implicit Differentiation
-Exponential growth and decay
-Differential equations
-Vectors
-Further trig and integration

:frown:

Oh ok, not sure why you've left it so late though :/ most of that shouldn't be too tricky if you found C3 okay in general. I'd say it's a matter of getting enough practice. Make sure you allocate your time efficiently too. Good luck!
Reply 88
Original post by Oromis263
I fall on your side, having done that January Core 4 paper today, I found no issues with it at all, and seemed pretty standard (bear in mind I've only done two other past papers, the rest of my work has been textbook/notes revision so it may stand out as being of a different level by the time I've finished the rest). Just my two cents on that one.

In hindsight it was an ok paper, the vectors question was quite nice. I found the exponential growth and decay question difficult though.
If anyone thinks there is not enough time, there is! :smile: I'm a resit student in my third year and I have just finished the content today, there is just under 16 days left, that's a lot of past papers that can be done! I finished around 2 weeks before core 3 and got my A grade in Jan, Do the test yourself at the end of each section to summarise, then do all the papers you got. :biggrin:
Reply 90
Does anyone have any resources for exponential growth and decay?

Also the solomon paper website quoted earlier in the thread seems to have gone down.
Reply 91
Original post by mojopin1
Does anyone have any resources for exponential growth and decay?

Also the solomon paper website quoted earlier in the thread seems to have gone down.

Found the Solomon papers here:
http://webfronter.com/waltham-forest/CFSMaths/mnu5/Past_Papers_and_Practice/Past_Papers_and_Practice_Papers.html

But this site is likely to get taken down soon too so do be quick.
Reply 92
After doing C3 today I am much more confident with Maths A Level in general. The exam went really well and I think I got quite high marks. This, paired with my high results from last year, means I have quite a bit of room to slip up in C4 and S2 and still get the A.

Still need to work hard to make sure I don't slip up too far though.
Original post by TheJizzleJazzle
If anyone thinks there is not enough time, there is! :smile: I'm a resit student in my third year and I have just finished the content today, there is just under 16 days left, that's a lot of past papers that can be done! I finished around 2 weeks before core 3 and got my A grade in Jan, Do the test yourself at the end of each section to summarise, then do all the papers you got. :biggrin:

That's really inspiring my friend! How did you revise for Core 4 so effectively then? :/ Can't seem to grasp it
I clocked the book, because I'm resitting exams I don't go to college, so I've had to motivate myself :smile: (VERY HARD) I did every question the book threw at me, and like I said, do the end of chapter questions, vital for familiarizing yourself with the content, if I can do it you can! Last day before exam remember the key points, so your trig identities, exp, rsin, circle equations, etc and sleep. Stress in maths exams is not good, I always end up being extra careful when stressed, typing in 3+4 in the calculator :colondollar: Your a Singh, give it your all!
Not ready for this at all. What's the best way of preparing for C4 in order to get an A*?
Reply 96
Original post by 1platinum
Not ready for this at all. What's the best way of preparing for C4 in order to get an A*?

I was told by my maths teacher and this girl (who got 100 ums in both C3 and C4) to do all the past papers as many times as possible or until you get 100% in each one - whichever you have time for. Also, you should be very concious of where marks are reward and apply that to the papers you do.
Original post by Cath-ay
I was told by my maths teacher and this girl (who got 100 ums in both C3 and C4) to do all the past papers as many times as possible or until you get 100% in each one - whichever you have time for. Also, you should be very concious of where marks are reward and apply that to the papers you do.

Thanks for the reply. Wow 100 UMS on C3 and C4 is amazing!
I'm going to start revising for this exam now! I must get 95+ UMS on this exam because I think I got around 85-92 on C3. :frown:

Main topics that need revising;

- Vectors
- Growth, Differentiation etc
And I don't remember the triple angle formulae. I still need to learn them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending