The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

I've applied for Chamberlain to be my first choice but I really don't want to be in an albeit nice accommodation but have absolutely no social life. Is that likely to happen? If, so then what accommodation is really social with en suite?
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
I just got my offer for Chamberlain too, in the Tower block
Reply 6522
I recently received my offer for accommodation in Shackleton which comes with a meal plan. I didn't request this as I don't want to pay £2000 extra for something I won't use. Do you think if I ring up they can change it to a room without the meal plan?
Original post by geeore
Haven't heard much about Aitken- any thoughts/advice?

I lived in Aitken for my first year (I'm now in my third). I was gutted when I found out because I never applied for Aitken, but I absolutely loved it! The kitchens are fantastic, they're massive compared to the rest and the flats in general are in fab condition. It may be a smaller community but trust me, you make friends so easily and I absolutely can't recommend Aitken enough. My friends lived in Mason and Maple Bank and honestly, I'm so pleased I never lived there. Aitken is cheaper, the rooms are a million times nicer and the overall atmosphere is so much better!
Original post by Natow
I recently received my offer for accommodation in Shackleton which comes with a meal plan. I didn't request this as I don't want to pay £2000 extra for something I won't use. Do you think if I ring up they can change it to a room without the meal plan?
It's worth a try! There's no reason why they should enforce someone to take a meal plan.
I have a conditional offer from UoB and it's my firm choice, I was planning on living at home, however, a few days ago I decided I wanted to move away for the first year so I applied to the accommodation. I only realised after that I'd passed the guarantee deadline (31st May), I am so worried that I won't get an accommodation offer!!! Does anyone know the likelihood of me receiving an offer??
Does anyone know what day we all move in? Freshers week starts on the 19th, is that the day we also move in or do we move in a day before? I can't find the answer to this anywhere! :s-smilie:
Original post by agingerghost
Does anyone know what day we all move in? Freshers week starts on the 19th, is that the day we also move in or do we move in a day before? I can't find the answer to this anywhere! :s-smilie:

You can book to move in on the 16th, 17th or 18th once you have accepted your accommodation offer
Has anyone not received an accommodation offer?!?! I feel like the world and his wife have got theirs and I'm sat here with an empty inbox!
Reply 6529
Original post by Ge0rge98
Has anyone not received an accommodation offer?!?! I feel like the world and his wife have got theirs and I'm sat here with an empty inbox!

Yh I haven't received mine either. I think maybe the people who have received have unconditional offers?
Original post by Robsox
Yh I haven't received mine either. I think maybe the people who have received have unconditional offers?

As in the people with unconditionals have or haven't received theirs? I've got a conditional offer and am waiting on the accommodation
Original post by Ge0rge98
As in the people with unconditionals have or haven't received theirs? I've got a conditional offer and am waiting on the accommodation

Yeah if your offer is conditional you have to wait until after results day - they won't give you an accommodation offer until they know you've actually got into the uni. It can be about a week after results day as well
Does anyone know much about Liberty Gardens accomodation? I didnt get any of my halls choices (the liberty gardens was offered by UoB as part of there guarantee scheme) and am a bit concerned this place is not for me. My main question being is there anyway I can get myself into UoB Halls? Or if not, how sociable is Liberty Gardens going to be?
Cheers
Hey guys was wondering if any previous students or 2016 Freshers would be able to help me! Received results last night and got my accommodation offer the same day, I've been allocated Liberty's Close which I didn't apply for and cannot afford, it is also way too far away from campus! I have spoken to someone at Living and they said they cannot do anything about it due to the guarantee scheme but I cant accept this! It's really upsetting me and I think it's unfair that Unconditional's have had first picks and us who had to earn our place get whatever's left. Does anyone know the possibility of vacancies arising and if so, waiting lists to join actual UoB halls or any of your initial preferences?
I got an offer of accommodation for Liberty Gardens, but it wasn't any of my choices, does anyone know if there's any chance of getting into the Vale? Preferably Tennis Court or Maple Bank? And is it possible to swap?
Hi there,
I'm coming from Australia and I'm going to be living in Aschroft.
Can anyone tell me how big the beds are?
I know that seems like a stupid question but are they singles or extra long singles or king singles?

Also any packing advice?

Thanks
Original post by chappers212
I got an offer of accommodation for Liberty Gardens, but it wasn't any of my choices, does anyone know if there's any chance of getting into the Vale? Preferably Tennis Court or Maple Bank? And is it possible to swap?

literally doing it myself as we speak, its a joke to get an accom not on my prefs tbh
Original post by Paky222_
Hi there,
I'm coming from Australia and I'm going to be living in Aschroft.
Can anyone tell me how big the beds are?
I know that seems like a stupid question but are they singles or extra long singles or king singles?

Also any packing advice?

Thanks

I lived in Pritchatts last year and I know Ashcroft have single beds - pretty much all the accommodation have singles with the exception of places like Chamberlain and Victoria hall which have 3/4.

I'd say don't overpack. Just bring the essentials and everything else you can just buy when you get there. I found that once you get settled in and establish a sort of system it's easy to figure out what you really need and what you don't.
Original post by victorious7093
Hey guys was wondering if any previous students or 2016 Freshers would be able to help me! Received results last night and got my accommodation offer the same day, I've been allocated Liberty's Close which I didn't apply for and cannot afford, it is also way too far away from campus! I have spoken to someone at Living and they said they cannot do anything about it due to the guarantee scheme but I cant accept this! It's really upsetting me and I think it's unfair that Unconditional's have had first picks and us who had to earn our place get whatever's left. Does anyone know the possibility of vacancies arising and if so, waiting lists to join actual UoB halls or any of your initial preferences?

I'd say keep ringing up accommodation services and make a big fuss about the fact you can't afford the accommodation allocated to you. I know lots of people who did this last year and managed to get switched before freshers started. You have to be really persistent.
Original post by SnackAttack33
Does anyone know much about Liberty Gardens accomodation? I didnt get any of my halls choices (the liberty gardens was offered by UoB as part of there guarantee scheme) and am a bit concerned this place is not for me. My main question being is there anyway I can get myself into UoB Halls? Or if not, how sociable is Liberty Gardens going to be?
Cheers

Have you had any luck changing accommodation? I've been offered Liberty Gardens too but I didn't put it down as any of my options.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending