The Student Room Group

The 'How to Approach Random Girls in the Street' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jameswhughes
It always seems worst on a train, when you get off/she gets off and then you spend the rest of your journey thinking about it. :rolleyes:

That's what I was doing. She got off the bus when I was only half way to my stop so I had about 10 minutes with just myself thinking of what could have been. One of the worst feelings in the world because you know you can't do anything about it!
In terms of what I would do if I had the guts (something for the thread starter to try) I'd probably purposely drop my phone or wallet, pick it up and then comment on how clumsy I am and how I'd forget my head if it wasn't screwed on. If she laughs or comments, I'd keep the conversation going with her and eventually get to saying something on how nice I think she looks.

Maybe mobile numbers could be exchanged by the end of it. If you do try this, let me know what happened!
Original post by AlphaOmega93
In terms of what I would do if I had the guts (something for the thread starter to try) I'd probably purposely drop my phone or wallet, pick it up and then comment on how clumsy I am and how I'd forget my head if it wasn't screwed on. If she laughs or comments, I'd keep the conversation going with her and eventually get to saying something on how nice I think she looks.

Maybe mobile numbers could be exchanged by the end of it. If you do try this, let me know what happened!

Well I'm going to try most of these things during the summer to see how successful I am. I've never done anything like this before because I'm probably too shy. But if I can do it than anyone can :biggrin:
Depending on te environment you are in. For example ive got a number of a girl at a bus stop near my house.
She was already there before i got there. Just started asking how long shes been there. From then it went to where we both going and i got to know that she actually lives not too far from me.

I was in a shop ones with a friend (british). We both clocked this fine ass girl. He just stared and went about his business. I just took control and went up to her, (she was donwstairs, we were upstairs). She looked foreign atfirst, so i started with trying to guess what country she was from. seemed like she was british. In turn she guessed i was american and it got off from there.

Ive been rejected ones, but i dont even call that a rejection because she had a bf but whatever.

And lets not get me started at the train station or on the train, especially when im going london. Usually go there to visit friends
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Lewroll

Original post by Lewroll
We've all been there. Your walking down the street/public place when all of a sudden BOOM! You are suddenly faced by the most gorgeous boy/girl/etc you could imagine. Everything suddenly goes in slow motion and Sexual Healing by Marvin Gaye starts to play in the back of your head. You stand there looking at this beauty like this :eek:/:sogood:/:coma: and you watch them walk away forever. And then you spend the next hour or so wishing you'd approached them or fantasisng about your dream life together.

Its happened to the best of us (myself included). It probably happens to TSRians more than the average person seeing as so many of us seem to be socially retarded (not me of course :ninja:)

It is also against the social norms to talk to strangers in public in case the stranger could be a rapist or a paedophile or a murderer. I myself have spent many train journeys sat in silence, staring lustfully into the eyes of the girl sitting opposite me (like this :drool:) while she stared back (like this:lolwut:). 'If only it wasn't against the social norms!' I think to myself 'Otherwise she would probably come over here to talk to me'. If only I had the appropriate skill to avoid social awkwardness and succeed in winning that girls phone number and her heart.

May I present the 'How to approach random girls and/or boys in the street and/or public place Thread'. This thread should give the average xbox playing, redtube watching dysfunctional TSRian the necessary skills to succeed in real life situations.

What I propose is everyone posts a different method of approaching a fe/male in public and posts their own experiences of it. Hopefully we should end up with a nice long list of ways to approach your desired sex in the street, so that you can get some :perv:

To make things more interesting, I personally1, shall 'test' the most popular methods2 in real life and report back with my findings :colonhash:

1- I will test the most popular techniques in real life so that you don't have to. I will be the test dummy. However if anyone else would like to join the team of test dummies, you are very welcome to.
2- Most popular methods within reason. If one of the most popular methods is to approach a girl in the street whilst waving my penis in her face, I will not do it.
3- If you are thinking 'this thread is pathetic' or something along those lines, GTFO. If this thread helps even one person then it has been successful.

Tldr; post a method for approaching a stranger in the street (to get their phone number/ask them out) which you think would be successful. Be creative.

Ive answered your question in my previous post. Also ive noticed that, british girls are more forgiven if they know the guy aint british. Almost as if they dont trust british guys or they are generally paranoid by british guys.
Original post by Tsukuyomi
Depending on te environment you are in. For example ive got a number of a girl at a bus stop near my house.
She was already there before i got there. Just started asking how long shes been there. From then it went to where we both going and i got to know that she actually lives not too far from me.

I was in a shop ones with a friend (british). We both clocked this fine ass girl. He just stared and went about his business. I just took control and went up to her, (she was donwstairs, we were upstairs). She looked foreign atfirst, so i started with trying to guess what country she was from. seemed like she was british. In turn she guessed i was american and it got off from there.

Ive been rejected ones, but i dont even call that a rejection because she had a bf but whatever.

And lets not get me started at the train station or on the train, especially when im going london. Usually go there to visit friends

Have you approached girls on trains/at train stations? How'd you do it?
Reply 106
Original post by tuckaa
Surely then she just thinks you're a cheating man who wears womens underwear?
:teehee:

She thinks you might be. But she's not sure enough to condem you. Hence you're mysterious, and mystery is attractive.

It works. I've tried it.
Original post by Lewroll
Well I'm going to try most of these things during the summer to see how successful I am. I've never done anything like this before because I'm probably too shy. But if I can do it than anyone can :biggrin:

I should really make a deal with myself that the next girl I see who I think is cute, I will talk to her and not be stupidly nervous.

Hope I don't do what Ricky Gervais does in this video from Extras though (towards the end)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtWcGw0T_bY
Original post by AlphaOmega93
I should really make a deal with myself that the next girl I see who I think is cute, I will talk to her and not be stupidly nervous.

Hope I don't do what Ricky Gervais does in this video from Extras though (towards the end)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtWcGw0T_bY

Do it. Nothing to lose, everything to gain.
Original post by Lewroll

Original post by Lewroll
Have you approached girls on trains/at train stations? How'd you do it?

Swag. Simple as that. From the way you dress to the way you talk and even walk.
If you have a target in mind, who is sitting somewhere. Walk past her. Then wait a bit. Then walk staight up to her and say hi. From then you are in.

If you are the type of person to talk for long, getting random girls aint that hard.
Ive had long ass conversations with random people, sometimes i ask myself whether i talk too much

Im no professional, its just that the people ive grown up with has helped me alot. Not to mention ive always gotten attention from girls since primary school, i must look okay ateast :teehee:
Original post by jameswhughes
It always seems worst on a train, when you get off/she gets off and then you spend the rest of your journey thinking about it. :rolleyes:

All the rest of the people on the train staring at you as well.
Reply 111
In my opinion if a guy wants to approach a girl randomly in the street he should just say hi and maybe pretend you want to ask her a question about directions or something like that. If she seems friendly ask her her name, blah blah blah, then ask for number. Easy peasy.

I think that the majority of girls will appreciate that it takes guts to start up a conversation with a total stranger. Even if they aren't really interested or have a boyfriend, it's still nice to be asked and it puts a smile on our face :smile:
Original post by Lewroll
Thats outta order man. The dorks in Health and relationships need to see this **** man!!

I insist you move it back, RightSaidJames. Or I will be very unhappy with you :frown:

lol +rep

and i have to agree..... us social retards need advice like this or shall we be doomed to scrawl TSR looking for human contact!? lol :h: x
Reply 113
Only Americans can talk to strangers in the street. Its normal for them. Us brits, we do it and it's a bit perverted. But everyone in America, normal to walk up to a girl and say, Hi, your really beautiful...wanna have dinner?"
None of you guys have a clue what you're talking about.

If you want to bag yourself a woman, you must first invest in a marriage sack. Not a potato sack either. It needs to be quality material, but it also needs to be hard wearing in case she struggles or you need to drag her up stairs etc.
Find a girl you like and personalise the sack. Use your embroidery skills to put her name on it, paint a picture of you putting her in her cage at night -make it a romantic gesture that let's her know she will be safe with you. Maybe bake her a cake, and make it extra special by mixing in some of your milk teeth; girls love it when guys are sensitive like that.
Now comes the issue of bagging the girl. Approach her when she is alone. She will appreciate this because it is a personal moment, for just between you and her. It's not a good idea to have random bystanders/her friends/the police watching, as it will make her uncomfortable. Be calm, compose yourself and pop the question. If she says yes, congratulations! If not, she only needs persuasion. Show her what a strong and powerful man you are by wrestling her into the marriage sack and carrying her off to your love nest (if she says yes, it's the same procedure, but obviously she gets into the sack willingly).
I realise that some of you may be novices to this technique, and help is at hand. Approach from behind (girls love surprises) with a rag soaked in chloroform. Pop the question, grab and then use the rag to make your woman literally weak at the knees. She simply won't be able to resist. For this scenario, it's best that she wakes in your love nest/basement chained to a radiator or something. Tell her it's for her own good, she'll probably be feeling a little reactionary and she doesn't want to do something she will regret (at this moment hold up a knife to remind her of all the lovely sandwiches she will get to make you).

Voila! A foolproof method for bagging yourself a lady. let me know how it goes!
Reply 115
just don't. I HATE men trying to talk to me in the street
Reply 116
Original post by Lewroll
Thats outta order man. The dorks in Health and relationships need to see this **** man!!

I insist you move it back, RightSaidJames. Or I will be very unhappy with you :frown:

most of your posts are in H&R nerd
Original post by jblackmoustache
Techniques and lines don't work. You can look at all PUA videos all you like and not get anywhere. Approaching girls is like good jazz. Improvised.

:awesome: Lool.
(So stealing that line and fitting it somewhere in everyday conversation.)

OP, I agree with the above. Whenever somebody uses a pick-up line it's like
"Oh no...This guy seems pretty desperate..."
Or
"Oh no, he's uninventive and trying too hard in all the wrong ways..."

I met my first serious boyfriend in a queue for a concert where we were both alone, which was a really good set up.
I think it's better to make a comment about the situation you're in rather than just randomly "yer hawt!!" or some generic question about time/directions.

For instance said guy at concert just suddenly blurted out "So, which band are you most excited for?!" which gave us shedloads of things to go on to.
"You are attractive"/equivalent just gets "Err...thanks!:colondollar:" and an awkward silence from me. You don't need to tell her, she'll just assume since you're choosing to speak to her. Also, shows you're interested in character and not just viewing her as a piece of meat if you say something different.

Also, I highly doubt most people would be creeped out if you're the same age, since it seems like we're all secretly pretty nosey about strangers, there's just no socially acceptable way to be so!! :rolleyes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 118
Original post by Rananagirl

I think it's better to make a comment about the situation you're in rather than just randomly "yer hawt!!" or some generic question about time/directions.

For instance said guy at concert just suddenly blurted out "So, which band are you most excited for?!" which gave us shedloads of things to go on to.
"You are attractive"/equivalent just gets "Err...thanks!:colondollar:" and an awkward silence from me. You don't need to tell her, she'll just assume since you're choosing to speak to her. Also, shows you're interested in character and not just viewing her as a piece of meat if you say something different.

Also, I highly doubt most people would be creeped out if you're the same age, since it seems like we're all secretly pretty nosey about strangers, there's just no socially acceptable way to be so!! :rolleyes:

This. I enjoy having interesting conversations with random people, but get disturbed if they just launch into the attack. Show you've got some substance.

The directions one would win me over though.
I'm not the hottest guy in the room, but I'm the only one talking to you. :smile:

It does work, sometimes....

Quick Reply

Latest