The Student Room Group

Sherlock

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amwazicles
I've had length discussions with my friends about this. I seem to be much more susceptible to cheekbones than is 'average' (at least judging by most people I know). My friends know well enough to give up on me if I go off on one about someone with nice cheekbones, they know I'm a goner already. I seem to become unable to notice anything else about a person. :lolwut: :teehee:

Meh, James McAvoy is alright (haven't actually seen Starter For Ten), but *cough* he doesn't exactly have the facial structure of Cumberbatch, does he? :teehee:

Haha. I'm definitely an eyes girl. Long eyelashes and pretty much any eye colour but really really pale blue and I am lost. :lol: And nice smiles. A nice nose doesn't hurt either...

No, he doesn't, that's very true. It's the eyes.
Original post by carnationlilyrose

Can I just thank you for posting that thread so that I can drool at this picture?

*Swoons*

This one, is it?

I never said JM wasn't sexy (he clearly is :sexface:), but as for BC, I must say, I still would. :wink:

On second lookings, I must add, JM is much more attractive than I remember, possibly because the last thing I saw him in was Narnia :tongue:
Original post by Oliviaonthetrain
Can I just thank you for posting that thread so that I can drool at this picture?

*Swoons*

Thanks accepted. I'm just so technologically clueless that I can't work out how to post pictures on here, but my stupidity is your gain.:colondollar:

Did someone say something about perfect gifs? :pierre:

:bawling::bawling:

i love john so much. he's so sweet and such a wonderful character, it breaks my heart to see him so sad even if it's for his own good :frown:

^
i did think that martin freeman played this brilliantly. this was so much more powerful than the usual snotty/drooly/screamy mess you get, all you need is to look at his face and you can instantly see his whole world falling apart, his distraught and how truly pained he is and how much sherlock really means to him. beautiful :cry:

Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Haha. I'm definitely an eyes girl. Long eyelashes and pretty much any eye colour but really really pale blue and I am lost. :lol: And nice smiles. A nice nose doesn't hurt either...

^
pale, pale blue eyes sealed the deal for me :biggrin: and was it just me, or did his eyes look particularly striking and beautiful when the paramedics flipped over his bloody face? :colondollar:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by aspirinpharmacist

Yes, eyes are of course good, but still.

...you see my abnormality? Clearly it's normal to think of eyes first, when thinking of attractive facial features, but I simply don't notice them when they are cheekbones to stare at. :eek: :teehee:

He does have quite nice eyes *cough*

Lol :biggrin: Dammit - I've ran out of rep!

Oh, you goddess!

I do my best. :smug:
Original post by dizzeedollee
:bawling::bawling:

i love john so much. he's so sweet and such a wonderful character, it breaks my heart to see him so sad even if it's for his own good :frown:

^
i did think that martin freeman played this brilliantly. this was so much more powerful than the usual snotty/drooly/screamy mess you get, all you need is to look at his face and you can instantly see his whole world falling apart, his distraught and how truly pained he is and how much sherlock really means to him. beautiful :cry:

I know, I know, I want to just hug him forever and ever. :cry:

Yes, he's an incredible actor too, amazingly played in this scene and the whole episode, and the whole series and forever. :awesome:
Reply 1947

^
orly? awkward.
xD

Yarly.
But I kept so up to date with the blog I noticed when two comments were in the wrong time order, thinking it might be important...
i've run out of rep now xD

Original post by Slumpy
Yarly.
But I kept so up to date with the blog I noticed when two comments were in the wrong time order, thinking it might be important...

^
now that is dedication O: i'm so unobservant, i imagine sherlock wouldn't even bother looking at me x) but i do wonder, what would he deduce if he saw me O:
(edited 12 years ago)
Thanks accepted. I'm just so technologically clueless that I can't work out how to post pictures on here, but my stupidity is your gain.:colondollar:

:tongue: I found out how to do it by accident lol. All you have to do is click on the image icon - which looks like a mountain with a sun in a box and insert the image url of your choice (which you do by right-clicking the said image) :smile:
This one, is it?

I never said JM wasn't sexy (he clearly is :sexface:), but as for BC, I must say, I still would. :wink:

On second lookings, I must add, JM is much more attractive than I remember, possibly because the last thing I saw him in was Narnia :tongue:

Yes, that's the one. It has to be said neither of them is looking his best because they've just had a fight and JM has headbutted BC. BC's character is just odious, though he is great at the performance. And no, JM doesn't have the cute goat legs and sticky out ears in this. It's a great film for a) people going to university now and b) people who are nostalgic for when they went, in this case me, because it's my era. In fact JM wears a shirt in it that my university boyfriend had in real life. The book is utterly hilarious, though. It's by David Nicholls, who wrote One Day, if you've read that.
:tongue: I found out how to do it by accident lol. All you have to do is click on the image icon - which looks like a mountain with a sun in a box and insert the image url of your choice (which you do by right-clicking the said image) :smile:

Oh, right! Thanks! I'll experiment!
Reply 1952
i've run out of rep now xD

^
now that is dedication O: i'm so unobservant, i imagine sherlock wouldn't even bother looking at me x) but i do wonder, what would he deduce if he saw me O:

My brother independently also noticed this. We're clearly just like the Holmeses:p:
Yes, that's the one. It has to be said neither of them is looking his best because they've just had a fight and JM has headbutted BC. BC's character is just odious, though he is great at the performance. And no, JM doesn't have the cute goat legs and sticky out ears in this. It's a great film for a) people going to university now and b) people who are nostalgic for when they went, in this case me, because it's my era. In fact JM wears a shirt in it that my university boyfriend had in real life. The book is utterly hilarious, though. It's by David Nicholls, who wrote One Day, if you've read that.

JM has been in a fight in that pic?! His face is still flawless :teehee: I can imagine the character he plays is pretty horrible, just by looking at him :tongue: I will look it up, I haven't read One Day, but I might see about reading the book and/or watching the film of Starter for Ten. :biggrin:

Brilliant! Now I can do it, here's my contribution to this cheekbone discussion. If you want to know why BC looks like he does, this is his mum:
And I very much believe that that's a pre-breast-implant era bosom she's sporting.
(edited 12 years ago)
Sorry, watching Sherlock AGAIN :wink:

Can someone explain the significance of the IOU, or was it a red herring?
Brilliant! Now I can do it, here's my contribution to this cheekbone discussion. If you want to know why BC looks like he does, this is his mum:
And I very much believe that that's a pre-breast-implant era bosom she's sporting.

:eek: Too much attractiveness in the Cumberbatch family - that's just not fair! I've decided Benedict clearly descended from angels and is not in fact human. Personification of beauty :smile:

Holy mother of moley.

I'm really not sure how I feel about this. I don't even....

Is that a current picture? How old is she??

And do we know who his dad is? :tongue:
JM has been in a fight in that pic?! His face is still flawless :teehee: I can imagine the character he plays is pretty horrible, just by looking at him :tongue: I will look it up, I haven't read One Day, but I might see about reading the book and/or watching the film of Starter for Ten. :biggrin:

Yes, he got the head butt slightly wrong and has a nose bleed during their appearance on University Challenge. Incidentally, Mark Gatiss plays Bamber Gascoigne impeccably in this. It's a small world. (Bamber Gascoigne was the original Jeremy Paxman, for all you young folks.) BC's character is a UC obsessive who relives his humiliation on a previous appearance over and over and hates JM.
Yes, he got the head butt slightly wrong and has a nose bleed during their appearance on University Challenge. Incidentally, Mark Gatiss plays Bamber Gascoigne impeccably in this. It's a small world. (Bamber Gascoigne was the original Jeremy Paxman, for all you young folks.) BC's character is a UC obsessive who relives his humiliation on a previous appearance over and over and hates JM.

Wow, that is a small world! :tongue: Sounds like a good film too, I should watch it. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest