The Student Room Group

Creamfields 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ShimmeringSparkle
Hey guys both my friends who said they were coming so they ditched me, anyone wanna meet up and just chill to the max in the waves of trance :biggrin:

There's a group of us coming up from London if you're interested? I'm probably going to be in the Trance tent most of the time :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by IcEmAn911
There's a group of us coming up from London if you're interested? I'm probably going to be in the Trance tent most of the time :biggrin:

Sweet well im coming down from Scotland so im sure we can meet up some time :biggrin: ABOVE AND BEYOND EEEE
Original post by ShimmeringSparkle
Sweet well im coming down from Scotland so im sure we can meet up some time :biggrin: ABOVE AND BEYOND EEEE

I missed out last year on above and beyond last year as me and my mate went off to see chemical brothers (i think it was them) before david guetta and armin. But this year I have to see them!!! :smile:
Reply 23
Ticket bought - bring it on !!!!
Highlight of my year <3 Been the last 2 years I love it SO much! ALLAN
Original post by WH1892
I think i'm going for Creamfields this year, got a few things i'm a bit unsure about if anyone can help me out?

Firstly the alcohol limit of a crate and a plastic bottle of spirits, does anyone know what the sizes are for these? are we talking 1 litre or like a 500ml water bottle?

Also not being able to leave, do they sell alcohol in little stores there or is it purely down to what you bring in yourself? (went to reading last year and we could just leave and walk to the tescos up the road to stock up)

and finally i heard you're not allowed fires, does that include disposable barbecues?

Cheeerss
Both times I have taken a 24 pack of lager and a 2litre bottle of spirits. Last year I filled a 5l slush bottle up with vodka redbull mixed and just put it inside of my sleeping bag, inside of my rucksack. No bother. They have several bars inside the arena. £3.50 Budweiser. £3.50 Smirnoff ice. £2.00 Bottle of water. :biggrin:
I'm thinking of going this year but can't decide between creamfields and tomorrowland! anyone been that'll be able to tell me what it's like? :biggrin:
Reply 27
I'm looking to go to creamfields this year but one of the things that got me down is the restriction of alcohol. Same thing with beach break!
24 cans, 70cl bottle of vodka or a box of wine.
not to sound like an alky, but festivals are so expensive for alcohol so I much prefer to bring a lot of my own, or with reading, just go to the supermarket on site!

can't wait for deadmau5 and avicii!!
I am soooooo looking forward to seeing Ben Gold! I saw him a week ago in Manchester with Gareth Emery and his set was sooooooo energetic!!! I kept thinking, is this Armin in disguise?!?!!?!? :biggrin:
Hey, I'm planning on going down on sunday with a group of friends but other friends are staying the whole 3 days in the campsite, will be be able to go out of the arena to visit them or are they really strict about that?

Thankss
Reply 30
ANYONE who likes David Baguetta shouldn't go. Worst 'DJ' EVER.

Wish I was 18 though, my love for Tiesto is unreal. Also want to see Armin, Orjan, Tim Berg, Above and Beyond, Ingrosso, Angelo, Hardwell, Axwell, deadmau5, Ferry Corsten, O'Callaghan, van Dyk and many more.

Already seen Skrillex and Flux :smile:
Reply 31
Bought my weekend ticket finally! Be my second year, hopefully I'll get see Guetta this year after ending up in medic tent last year, eeek..

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 32
Original post by juliusb
Can we access our car overnight?

No, if you leave the event site (which you need to do to access the car park) you cannot re-enter the event. So book the car park, park your car, take everything you need to your tent, don't return until you are ready to leave :smile:

Original post by sii217
Soo want a ticket for this, the lineup looks sickk. None of my friends are particularly into dance music though. I don't think going alone is really a good idea is it?

If you're particularly worried about going alone, how about signing up to work? I worked there last year on the bar (through a company called Festaff) and have my application in to do so again this year. Although I missed some sets I would've liked to see (Tiesto!) I was working on the bar at the South Stage and saw the Chemical Brothers who I wouldn't usually have chosen to see but they were IMMENSE!!

I went alone last year but there were Facebook groups and straight away I met 3 others to camp with (in staff camping with hot showers!!) because we arranged a car share :smile:

Original post by Marsha2112
Surely if people need to take Class A substances just to make listening to the lineup bearable, they clearly don't love it (hence why go to the festival anyway?)...Anyone care to enlighten?

Do you really need to ask this? Have you never done anything to enhance a situation? People who take substances would have a great time and do enjoy the music without those drugs, but with the drugs it enhances the situation.

"If people need to put salt and vinegar on chips just to make eating the chips bearable, they clearly don't love chips (hence why go to the chip shop anyway?)" :rolleyes:

Note: Not condoning drug use, just explaining why people do use them to the person who wants to take a moral high ground :smile:

Original post by dulciemae
I'm thinking of going this year but can't decide between creamfields and tomorrowland! anyone been that'll be able to tell me what it's like? :biggrin:

Tomorrowland looks immense but tickets are sold out now. Creamfields looks like a great lineup this year, lets just hope for better weather than last year...and the year before...and the year before that....aaaand pretty much every year!! :biggrin:

Original post by JCotterill
ANYONE who likes David Baguetta shouldn't go. Worst 'DJ' EVER.

David Guetta has lost a lot of respect because many of his tracks sound exactly the same (though recently he has produced some new 'sounds' I guess due to the criticism) but have you ever actually heard him live? Although a while ago, one of the best nights out I've ever had was in December 2007 where I saw him in Newcastle, he is an amazing live-DJ despite some of the tracks he has produced. Seriously, he has some fantastic sets and picks the right tracks! :smile:
Reply 33
50 days to go!

ALTHOUGH I've just found out I'm teetotal for the rest of my life, so really wondering how well stone-cold-sober creamfields is going to work out for me! I know it's still going to be amazing, but it's sort of not in the spirit of a dance music festival ahahah
Reply 34
Original post by sammy-lou
50 days to go!

ALTHOUGH I've just found out I'm teetotal for the rest of my life, so really wondering how well stone-cold-sober creamfields is going to work out for me! I know it's still going to be amazing, but it's sort of not in the spirit of a dance music festival ahahah

Believe it or not there will be others there who will be completely clean of alcohol and drugs, I met some last year.....no, not many, but some. It doesn't matter, because everyone else is off their faces they won't notice that you're not! Just enjoy yourself :smile:

Plus you won't feel like crap in the morning....unless you managed to pitch your tent in a particularly muddy spot which gets flooded :P
Reply 35
Original post by dobbs
Believe it or not there will be others there who will be completely clean of alcohol and drugs, I met some last year.....no, not many, but some. It doesn't matter, because everyone else is off their faces they won't notice that you're not! Just enjoy yourself :smile:

Plus you won't feel like crap in the morning....unless you managed to pitch your tent in a particularly muddy spot which gets flooded :P

That is true - I suppose people are so entranced by their own intoxication that they don't notice the state the others are in! Thanks for the reply; I think you're right! :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by sammy-lou
That is true - I suppose people are so entranced by their own intoxication that they don't notice the state the others are in! Thanks for the reply; I think you're right! :smile:

I worked on the bar last year, believe me I saw people along all points of the 'intoxication spectrum' haha.

And as an added bonus for you, you will save a HUGE amount of money, unlike the people far too drunk to look at the price list and would order a double vodka and red bull which was in the region of £7.50, even worse when people would get a round of them in. "Yeah can I have 5 double vodka red bulls?"...."Erm, are you sure?" ha!

Just enjoy it, you're there for the music anyway :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by dobbs
I worked on the bar last year, believe me I saw people along all points of the 'intoxication spectrum' haha.

And as an added bonus for you, you will save a HUGE amount of money, unlike the people far too drunk to look at the price list and would order a double vodka and red bull which was in the region of £7.50, even worse when people would get a round of them in. "Yeah can I have 5 double vodka red bulls?"...."Erm, are you sure?" ha!

Just enjoy it, you're there for the music anyway :smile:

Haha that is very true! Can't believe the prices festivals can get away with charging for drinks sometimes, I could probably start up a trust fund with the amount of money I'm going to save on alcohol now :tongue:
Not going this year but went last time & really enjoyed it.

50 days to go!

I'm sure you'll still have a really good time. I can't drink at the moment due to medication & have had the same problem recurring for the last year &1/2. I found it hard at first & felt like I was missing out on something with other people drinking around me. I soon got used to it though & can enjoy myself perfectly well without alcohol. Even in periods when I'm off medication & allowed to drink I don't bother that much- I can have a perfectly good time without it & think I've really lost the taste for alcohol.
Reply 39
Original post by Alesha1991
Not going this year but went last time & really enjoyed it.

I'm sure you'll still have a really good time. I can't drink at the moment due to medication & have had the same problem recurring for the last year &1/2. I found it hard at first & felt like I was missing out on something with other people drinking around me. I soon got used to it though & can enjoy myself perfectly well without alcohol. Even in periods when I'm off medication & allowed to drink I don't bother that much- I can have a perfectly good time without it & think I've really lost the taste for alcohol.

That's reassuring to hear, thanks! Guess it just takes getting used to :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest