The Student Room Group

AS PRODUCT DESIGN Innovation Challenge december 2011

Opening up this thread to discuss ideas on what could be in the exam after getting the pre-released material

anyone got any ideas about what any of the briefs could be?:smile:
Reply 1
It's a tricky one this year, very open indeed.
Our class has come up with a few different ideas but we could be well off:
-Water dispenser at a marathon
-Cover/shelter/seating for by standers
-Money collection box for charity
-Signage for the events (Parking etc..)

It says anything from MAJOR national events to SMALL community/charity events. Used to raise awareness, celebrate success and bring communities together. This could literally be any sporting or charity event!

The best thing is to get your Job Bag packed with useful stuff like I'm trying to do now. Any help with that in this thread would be appreciated (Material / component lists etc..).
ughhhhhh this is my resit exam, not looking forward to it!!
so far i've got material properties and ergonomic details in my job bag, as well as "inspiring" images from last time around... gonna find some pictures of charity venues or posters or something.... we're betting it's gonna be a generic community event which doesn't have a theme or anything D:
Reply 3
yeah I've got loads of pictures of different events, anything from xmas to sports events
It could be good to look at some mechanisms for your job bag...just in case
and not forgetting that sustainability is very important
These are quite helpful:
http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/kd/ocr_9616_kd_gce_spec.pdf - general info
http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/ms_11/ocr_62013_ms_11_gce_f521_01-02.pdf - mark scheme
Reply 4
yeah I've got loads of pictures for my job bag...it may also be helpful if you got some info on mechanisms (depends on which challenge you pick) but it may help
Reply 5
few brief ideas:
- some form of product used to represent the event (gift type product)
- bin, recyling, encrouging people to bin their litter
- infomation display board
Reply 6
Best idea is to take the spec in with you (linked above).
The reason our entire class failed last time is because we weren't answering a lot of the questions in the way the examiner wanted..

This will also be of immense help if you fancy reading it tonight!

http://my.dynamic-learning.co.uk

CentreID : 14733
User : OCRDESTECH
P/w : STUDENT

Loads of useful stuff on this free E-book!
Reply 7
Original post by SeanDev
It's a tricky one this year, very open indeed.
Our class has come up with a few different ideas but we could be well off:
-Water dispenser at a marathon
-Cover/shelter/seating for by standers
-Money collection box for charity
-Signage for the events (Parking etc..)

It says anything from MAJOR national events to SMALL community/charity events. Used to raise awareness, celebrate success and bring communities together. This could literally be any sporting or charity event!

The best thing is to get your Job Bag packed with useful stuff like I'm trying to do now. Any help with that in this thread would be appreciated (Material / component lists etc..).

Hi you seem to know what your on about lol - so what is this job bag ???
I'm doing this course and our school is just terrible our product study hasn't been taken in and looked at - so we don't know what to improve on its so annoying, I want an A so badly I would kill for one !!!!!!! lol ha ha ha
Reply 8
Original post by Hello95
Hi you seem to know what your on about lol - so what is this job bag ???
I'm doing this course and our school is just terrible our product study hasn't been taken in and looked at - so we don't know what to improve on its so annoying, I want an A so badly I would kill for one !!!!!!! lol ha ha ha

The job bag, or 'goodie bag' as our school calls it is, is what you can take into the exam in order to support your exam, this can be anything, use the ideas above. As long it isn't anything that connects to the Internet! I took the mark scheme in first time.
I'm retaking, nervous!!
Reply 9
Original post by hellohihey
The job bag, or 'goodie bag' as our school calls it is, is what you can take into the exam in order to support your exam, this can be anything, use the ideas above. As long it isn't anything that connects to the Internet! I took the mark scheme in first time.
I'm retaking, nervous!!

Hi thanks of bringing some clarity I think the theme is rather hard - charities and community events argg!! lol what have you got in yours ? we are still all doing the coursework so got a while yet. what did you get on the product study ? any advice? I need an a on it.

Original post by Hello95
Hi thanks of bringing some clarity I think the theme is rather hard - charities and community events argg!! lol what have you got in yours ? we are still all doing the coursework so got a while yet. what did you get on the product study ? any advice? I need an a on it.

I got a low C first time around, but we've got new teachers so hoping I can get more this time :smile:. I got 97/120 in the product study, and aiming for similar this week but depends on how much I can get done in the next few weeks :smile: How you finding any prep? It's not really hard so don't be too worried!
Reply 11
Original post by hellohihey
I got a low C first time around, but we've got new teachers so hoping I can get more this time :smile:. I got 97/120 in the product study, and aiming for similar this week but depends on how much I can get done in the next few weeks :smile: How you finding any prep? It's not really hard so don't be too worried!

97 thats great we have not done any prep which I think is disgusting we are going to make a 'formal complaint' hahah lol at the end of the year about the handling of our DT course.
DO you know if you can resubmit the coursework with added stuff next year ?

Im not letting my chances of getting in to Central Saint Martins be destroyed and thus my life being destroyed by some lazy and incompetent teachers haha I have been doing DT since like 2:00 am for the past few days haha lol
ALSO GOOD LUCK :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending