The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Ucl Management Science

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Vish_06
But don't both courses require the same grades??

yeah but i know people who have got into UCL with lower grades required from there offer
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 121
Original post by Harrydeep
Lancaster unconditional for Finance and Management StudiesDurham for Accounting and Management (A,A,B)Exeter for Business and Management (A,A,B)Loughborough for Accounting and Management (A,A,B)They all have a placement year, apart from UCL. What were your offers?

durham (St Aidans ) for econs with management , warwick for econs and industrial organisation, Queen Mary for EFM ,& Lse bms.

torn between durham and warwick for insurance .
Original post by JT0121
yeah but i know people who have got into UCL with lower grades required from there offer

Specifically for management science?
Or other courses?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 123
hey, I have exactly the same offers in management! Not sure whether to choose UCL or Warwick
Warwick is higher in rankings than UCL and its better target uni. However London has got many links in regards to banking and consultancy. Tough choice
Original post by Aran2121
Warwick is higher in rankings than UCL and its better target uni. However London has got many links in regards to banking and consultancy. Tough choice

There's no such thing as a 'better' target uni bro. All the same firms visit, and look out for applications from the same target universities. Honestly, when comparing universities at this level, you should really discount stuff like prospects, 'links' (being in London is only a positive for spending less on travelling to interviews; which firms reimburse anyway) and prestige - they're all solid. Look to course differences, location differences, study abroad opportunities, socieities, campus vs city lifestyle etc. Nothing is worse than someone choosing a university for reasons that are dubious at best.
Original post by Princepieman
There's no such thing as a 'better' target uni bro. All the same firms visit, and look out for applications from the same target universities. Honestly, when comparing universities at this level, you should really discount stuff like prospects, 'links' (being in London is only a positive for spending less on travelling to interviews; which firms reimburse anyway) and prestige - they're all solid. Look to course differences, location differences, study abroad opportunities, socieities, campus vs city lifestyle etc. Nothing is worse than someone choosing a university for reasons that are dubious at best.

What are your offers for uni, and what course have you applied for?
Reply 127
Original post by Princepieman

I would say that Warwick has a much more established and respected business school, however, UCL as a whole is usually considered as more prestigious in general according to major university ranking.

Hard choice....
Original post by lucad1
I would say that Warwick has a much more established and respected business school, however, UCL as a whole is usually considered as more prestigious in general according to major university ranking.

Hard choice....

Look, whichever you choose between the two will be respected. It really does not matter about rankings and prestige at this level. Please, for the love of all that's good don't use that as your rationale

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 129
Hey guys,
I applied for Management Science at UCL, sent my UCAS off around middle of october, got the questionnaire from UCL and sent it off around first week of November, and havent heard anything from them since and its now April.
Any advice on what to do?😫

By the way my Predicted Grades were AAA- Maths, Economics and Computing and A in AS Further Maths
(edited 8 years ago)
Just received my acceptance offer for the MSc in Management! Does anyone know how UCL compares with Cranfield (MSc in Finance)? I have an offer from both and would like to choose the one with the best career outlooks. Thanks!
Reply 131
Original post by OrlandoMag
Just received my acceptance offer for the MSc in Management! Does anyone know how UCL compares with Cranfield (MSc in Finance)? I have an offer from both and would like to choose the one with the best career outlooks. Thanks!

Hi did you get an offer from The msc in Management or The Msc finance And management ?
Cranfield is a really good school Specially of Your Target industry is finance !
Reply 132
Is there anyone who has not heard back from UCL yet?
Original post by AVA05
Hi did you get an offer from The msc in Management or The Msc finance And management ?
Cranfield is a really good school Specially of Your Target industry is finance !

I got the offer for the MSc in Finance and Management! Tough choice between that and UCL!
Reply 134
I got the offer for the MSc in Finance and Management! Tough choice between that and UCL!

hey did you received my pm ?
Original post by AVA05
hey did you received my pm ?

Yes I did not originally see it. I have just replied!
Reply 136
Yes I did not originally see it. I have just replied!

Hey ! I reply to your msg too, hope it helps !
Reply 137
Has anybody got an offer yet and if so, what were your GCSEs and predicted A2 grades?
Reply 138
Guys how did you find the questionnaire? I thought it was terrible:frown: Also I didn't hear anything about an open day?!
Reply 139
Would anybody here do me the favor of checking out my personal statement? I'm a Norwegian student, submitted my UCAS application yesterday.
My grades are good enough, so would just like to know some opinions on my statement. This is not something we do when applying to uni in Norway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending