The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings College London Nursing Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ZZ0910
Ive applied to the bursary last week and sent the supporting evidence lets see. And try to use the nhs bursary calculator gives u a rough idea depending on ur circumstances

I did the calculator and it says I'm entitled to the maximum amount but it doesn't mention what the maximum amount is.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 801
Any march 10th interviewees heard back yet? I'm still waiting......
Original post by ZZ0910
Ive applied to the bursary last week and sent the supporting evidence lets see. And try to use the nhs bursary calculator gives u a rough idea depending on ur circumstances

Hey I tried to apply for the student finance bursary but they said that I'm only eligible for the NHS bursary. Do you know how I can apply for that?x
Original post by Kayde
Any march 10th interviewees heard back yet? I'm still waiting......

I haven't heard back either

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, I did my interview on the 8th of March, and was told I should get the final decision during the middle of next week. They have kept me on with hold as there still interviewing others. Hope it's good news🙏🏽. Did anyone get any offers who were interviewed on the 8th or after?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Fahi1998
Hey, I did my interview on the 8th of March, and was told I should get the final decision during the middle of next week. They have kept me on with hold as there still interviewing others. Hope it's good news🙏🏽. Did anyone get any offers who were interviewed on the 8th or after?

No I still haven't received anything, I might drop an email after 4/5 weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ettaxo
Did you have your interview and tests on the same day?! I've got an offer for child nursing!

congrats forgetting an offer, I have the MMI interview next week and i was wondering how it was like and i applied for the same course as you. What kind of questions or scenarios did they ask you, please help , i am really nervous
Hello every body,
I just received an invitation for interview from KCL for next week, any tips please? I'm mature student and I apply for post-dip adult nursing.
Thank you
Hi, I've got my MMI tomorrow at King's, what should i expect?
Hello! Just found out I've got an interview on 22nd June. Just wondering, do most people have the MMI and lit/num tests on the same day?
Reply 810
Original post by coffeecrumpets
Hello! Just found out I've got an interview on 22nd June. Just wondering, do most people have the MMI and lit/num tests on the same day?

Hello! Usually the tests and MMI are on separate days, and you are only invited to MMI if you pass the tests.

It should say on your Kings portal what you have been invited to. Mine specifically said "these are tests not an interview" and I had to to go back another time. :smile:

It may be the case as it's late in the year that they do both on the same day but it should be clear on your Portal if that's the case!

Good luck! :smile:
Original post by fc93
Hello! Usually the tests and MMI are on separate days, and you are only invited to MMI if you pass the tests.

It should say on your Kings portal what you have been invited to. Mine specifically said "these are tests not an interview" and I had to to go back another time. :smile:

It may be the case as it's late in the year that they do both on the same day but it should be clear on your Portal if that's the case!

Good luck! :smile:

Thanks! I've just checked and looks like it's both on the same day, given the time constraint. Looks like its the tests, then you're informed if you passed and if so it's the MMI. Not much pressure then!
Reply 812
Thanks! I've just checked and looks like it's both on the same day, given the time constraint. Looks like its the tests, then you're informed if you passed and if so it's the MMI. Not much pressure then!

You can always give them a call if you're not sure. :smile: I think I would have preferred to do them both in one day!

Don't worry, the tests are okay. I'm afraid I can't give any specifics as I signed a non-disclosure agreement (and my tests were in November so I can't remember anyway!) but I would recommend doing some practise under timed conditions because I struggled with that the most.

I hope it all goes well for you! :smile:

I did mine yesterday, we did the MMI first and then the tests
Original post by rosierosie123
I did mine yesterday, we did the MMI first and then the tests

Ah that's good to know. How did you find it?
Is anybody doing nursing and been placed in wolfson house? :smile:
Um.. this is definitely late but I applied for the Sep 2017 entry. I have done my selection event on the 15th of December 2016. I got an offer from the university around 9 days later✌🏾. They replied faster than expected. I didn't find the literacy and numeracy test that hard - probably cuz I practiced lol🙈. But the interview was hard. I have multiple mini interviews with 6 people for 5 minutes each. They ask different questions lol and the time goes fast. U have got to think quickly 🙀. Anyways thanks to god I received an offer and now it's my insurance choice along with uni of Nottingham as my firm choice. But somehow I feel like I want to go Kings. So guys if u r studying nursing there can u tell me about ur experiences? Cuz I feel like I wanna go to Kings and am not sure. Btw, I applied for adult nursing 😄 But people from any kind of nursing can feel free to comment. 😊
Hi all, soooo excited and I am sooooo confused.😳

I have just been offered a place a KingsC, but I do not know which one to put as a firm choice (other offers). Therefore, I have many more questions before I a make an informed decision.

Please if there is anyone that can answer these questions, I would be very grateful.😊

Apologises for the poor sod that is going to answer the questions with an essay
😄

What does the timetable look like for the year?

Is Kings's a supportive university when it comes to academic work?

Do you receive assignments and exams when your on placement? Or just when you attend university?

Where did they place you for placement, do King's consider what area people live in?
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi all congratulations to all those that have received offers and good luck to any still waiting to hear

I am preparing to apply for children's nursing for Sept '18 intake and am considering applying to Kings can I just ask what made you guys apply to Kings?

Thanks
Original post by habouya
Um.. this is definitely late but I applied for the Sep 2017 entry. I have done my selection event on the 15th of December 2016. I got an offer from the university around 9 days later✌🏾. They replied faster than expected. I didn't find the literacy and numeracy test that hard - probably cuz I practiced lol🙈. But the interview was hard. I have multiple mini interviews with 6 people for 5 minutes each. They ask different questions lol and the time goes fast. U have got to think quickly 🙀. Anyways thanks to god I received an offer and now it's my insurance choice along with uni of Nottingham as my firm choice. But somehow I feel like I want to go Kings. So guys if u r studying nursing there can u tell me about ur experiences? Cuz I feel like I wanna go to Kings and am not sure. Btw, I applied for adult nursing 😄 But people from any kind of nursing can feel free to comment. 😊

I am in same boat as you but i have a seelction day with kings on 24th march and uni of nottingham on 5 may. what type of mmi questions they ask and any advice for my interviews? thanks!!

Quick Reply

Latest