The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Applicants 2012

Okay, these are popping up all over the place for Durham and Bristol, and there isn't one here, as far as I know!

So I'll get the ball rolling, shall I? I'm Chiara, applying for German and Spanish this year :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by such_a_lady
Okay, these are popping up all over the place for Durham and Bristol, and there isn't one here, as far as I know!

So I'll get the ball rolling, shall I? I'm Chiara, applying for German and Spanish this year :smile:

Sie sind 'overly keen'. But anyway might I suggest you add Russian into the mix... We have an awesome department :biggrin:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Original post by Auchtermuchty
Sie sind 'overly keen'. But anyway might I suggest you add Russian into the mix... We have an awesome department :biggrin:

I'm not overly keen :tongue: Have you seen the Oxford thread!? And yes, you read my mind!! At Durham, St A's or Edinburgh, I could do 3 languages and I have decided to do Russian :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 3
i think i will apply to st andrews! for french and spanish!! i really love the look of the university! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by flutegirl
i think i will apply to st andrews! for french and spanish!! i really love the look of the university! :smile:

Yay, another linguist! What'll be your third subject?
Reply 5
Oh I was wondering when this thread was going to pop up.
Reply 6
Original post by Ecosse_14

Well, we've all started our UCAS forms, and there wasn't one, so... :tongue:
Reply 7
Well, we've all started our UCAS forms, and there wasn't one, so... :tongue:

I was nowhere near starting my UCAS form at this time of year when I was applying :tongue:
Reply 8
I was nowhere near starting my UCAS form at this time of year when I was applying :tongue:

Ohhh...we've had registration day already, but maybe I've got everything near-enough done because I'm also applying to Oxford, so...
Reply 9

I have never felt so old. :frown:
Reply 10
Yay, another linguist! What'll be your third subject?

i dont really know yet...:s-smilie: dont really know how it works! Do you apply for french and spanish and if/when you get accepted you choose your third subject?? :colondollar:
Original post by flutegirl
i dont really know yet...:s-smilie: dont really know how it works! Do you apply for french and spanish and if/when you get accepted you choose your third subject?? :colondollar:

That is correct :yep:
I wouldn't worry about that now though considering you don't need to decide for another 1 year 2 months.
Reply 12
That is correct :yep:
I wouldn't worry about that now though considering you don't need to decide for another 1 year 2 months.

oh good...that's what i thought!! i might not even apply to/get an offer from st andrews anyway but i guess if i were to go there and do another subject i would take up another language :smile:
Original post by Oh-WOW
I have never felt so old. :frown:

:mmm:

I wish that 2012 is successful to all those who post here! :biggrin:
Original post by Daniel-Ballingall
:mmm:

I wish that 2012 is successful to all those who post here! :biggrin:

Oh you big mod, you :wink:

*insert something here to relate this post to St Andrews applicants 2012* ... so, eager people, what you applying for? :biggrin:

*insert something here to relate this post to St Andrews applicants 2012* ... so, eager people, what you applying for? :biggrin:

Haha! Thanks for your wee shout out on TSR's Staff Changes. I repped you too recently :emo:

I think by next month this thread's gonna be pretty busy.
Reply 16

German and Spanish (:
Haha! Thanks for your wee shout out on TSR's Staff Changes. I repped you too recently :emo:

Just can't get enough of me :wink:

German and Spanish (:

Oh yes, I knew that! Languages.. how fun :tongue:
Beginner or what?
Reply 18
Just can't get enough of me :wink:

Oh yes, I knew that! Languages.. how fun :tongue:
Beginner or what?

Me? No. A Levels :smile:
Reply 19

Congrats! :smile:
Everyone's going up in the world these days.

Where else are you guys applying to? (Not that you'd want to go anywhere else...)

Quick Reply