The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Somerville College (Oxford) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
little victor
i applied to Somerville maths G100. is there anyone else have the same situation and have you got the interview?

I just got a letter from Somerville today... I applied for G100 for maths! I got rejected!!! :frown:
Have you heard anything yet?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
icegem100
I just got a letter from Somerville today... I applied for G100 for maths! I got rejected!!! :frown:
Have you heard anything yet?

i just got the interview letter yesterday
Reply 22
Has anyone else put Somverille college, Oxford as their first choice for starting in 2010??
I'm hopefully going to do German there :smile: thought I'd try and get a head start on meeting people!
Nope, but I'm going to Girton, Cambridge in 2010,

So we'll be sisters!!!

Congrats on your offer
Reply 24
Hello everyone and congratulations with the interview invitations!
I was thinking to arrange a meeting for Somerville interviewees, any volunteers?

=)
Reply 25
Hi everyone :smile:
Got my interview letter a few days ago and I'm sooooo excited!
Some kind of meeting for interviewees would be great though if anyone else is like me and a little nervous about going and not knowing anyone...personally I'm international so coming a LONG way.
:smile:
Reply 26
What? No posts for over 2 months? That doesn't seem right. I visited Somerville recently and they seemed the friendliest bunch of people you could wish to meet. I think it may get overlooked because the entrance is easy to miss but I thought it looked great. Once they build all the Humanities and Maths departments just next door it'll definitely be the place to be, I reckon.
Reply 28
I am an international applying to Somerville through my previous school in UK. I don't know if Somerville would invite me for interview through email or post. Because my corresponding address is my home town in Asia, it would take a long time if the invitation is by post. In the UCAS application form there was NOT a place for requesting Somerville to send the invitation or other things to me by email. Would anybody have any advice, please?
(edited 12 years ago)
Yes they would.

Calm down lol
Reply 30
Original post by Smallc
I am an international applying to Somerville through my previous school in UK. I don't know if Somerville would invite me for interview through email or post. Because my corresponding address is my home town in Asia, it would take a long time if the invitation is by post. In the UCAS application form there was NOT a place for requesting Somerville to send the invitation or other things to me by email. Would anybody have any advice, please?

It's only natural to worry but please relax. Even if it were the first time the College were doing this, I'm sure it would be obvious that all overseas invitations should go out electronically. Even if there was plenty of time, which there won't be, post isn't always a reliable means of delivery so e-mail would be used even if time wasn't an issue.
Reply 31
Have anyone received a invitation letter for interview?
I am applying for engineering science.
I was thinking that it is a little bit to early and they should send the letter after admission test was taken.
But one of my friends who applied for mathematics have received a letter. (and he should take an admission test as well)

Anyone?

thank you, i am new to this.:biggrin:
Reply 32
So far I only received an acknowledgement email from the university and another from Somerville. The one from Somerville clearly states that, for science applicants, invitations for interviews would unlikely be available before 2-12-2011.
Reply 33
Original post by yuhaozhou
Have anyone received a invitation letter for interview?
I am applying for engineering science.
I was thinking that it is a little bit to early and they should send the letter after admission test was taken.
But one of my friends who applied for mathematics have received a letter. (and he should take an admission test as well)

Anyone?

thank you, i am new to this.:biggrin:

I don't think that Somerville has sent any letters inviting anyone to interview yet. All messages will be sent to everyone by e-mail since it is likely that there will be little enough notice even for UK students. Everyone will get at least 7 days' notice but not many will get much more, it seems.
Reply 34
I have received an invitation for an interview, but this is most likely due to my status as a mature applicant. All of you will get your invitations soon, I'm sure! Anybody else out there applying/assigned to Somerville?
Reply 35
Original post by Ellis_M
I have received an invitation for an interview, but this is most likely due to my status as a mature applicant. All of you will get your invitations soon, I'm sure! Anybody else out there applying/assigned to Somerville?

What did you apply for?

I'm also an international mature applicant for PPE.
Reply 36
I applied for 3 year (as opposed to senior status) law.
Where are you from?
Best of luck with everything.
Reply 37
Original post by Ellis_M
Where are you from?

Pakistan/Canada. And you?
My maths teacher went here....that's all I can contribute sorry....
Reply 39
Original post by Ellis_M
Where are you from?

Hey there, I've applied to the same course.
I'm an international student too, doing my first year uni cause Oxford doesn't think Indian school leaving qualifications meet its requirements.

When did you send in your application?

Quick Reply