The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SeaJay
Virtual company will have to do then - Keep talking on here/on the phone. Doesn't matter how many times you need to ring the number I suggested. Keep going, k

:bath: Have one of these. With bubbles. (Yeah, yeah, don't give me any of that crap about it not being manly, :tongue: as long as you've got your toy boat, it'll be fine :biggrin:)

I'd love a bubble bath but I'm allergic to bubbles and I don't have a bath :tongue: Might have a shower in a bit the hot water always chills me out.

Right now I'm ok, I'm high on diazepam which is doing a great job of keeping me calm. They're still threatening me but right now I don't give a ****, I know the second it wears off I'm going to be suicidal again. I've saved the number in my phone so I can ring again if necessary.

And thanks for the advice :smile:
Reply 1881
Original post by rmhumphries
Going to deal with replies later. So sorry anyone who quoted me and I haven't replied.

[sarcasm]So, appointment with Dr Adams went well[/sarcasm].

Spoiler

I almost broke down in tears in front of him, but managed not to. I really don't want to see him again now, but there are no other psych's I can see! :biggrin:

Spoiler

Sorry you had this crappy experience :unimpressed: Second opinion needed methinks....
Reply 1882
Operation Try To Fall Sleep At A Normal Time/ Operation Nut. vs. Brain Day 1:

Slow release quetiapine: 6pm.

Last cigarette of the day: 7:30pm.

Lorazepam: half hour before bed.

:colonhash:
Original post by Nut.

good luck! :hugs:

I don't start my new meds till tomorrow (have to go pharmacy and hope they let me have for free cause don't have my HC2 form with me!) hopefully then I can sleep normally again too!
Reply 1884
Original post by Anonymous
Glad you're OK :-) Yeah, he's brain dead but on life support because his family are donating his organs.

Can completely relate to this. Seeing how great everybody else's social lives are makes your own seem much worse.
My concentration is almost non-existent too.

My uncle just left before asking me if I still wanted to go into medicine. Even though I know there's absolutely no chance of me getting in, I still said yeah and he seemed really pleased. I still want to go into it, I just know I wont be accepted anywhere. It's all I have ever wanted to do and I'd look stupid if I couldn't do the only thing I have ever wanted to do. My family expect so much from me but I'm just going to disappoint them.

The same thing is gonna happen to me with ICT. Especially after what I got for GCSE:

Spoiler

Wanted to BTEC ICT at one point. My teachers went:

Spoiler

I think that would have been better as you learn to fix computers, and I really wanted to do that.
In the end I did:

Spoiler

Want to go to a university far away from my parents. Originally had thought about doing Networking at Middlesex, but after what I currently feel about my parents, I just want to go somewhere far away. I have a feeling i'm going to miss the "convenience" of being in London (having frequent bus and train services). Anyway, got to realise what i'm doing and start studying hard, if I am going to come anywhere close to going to university :tongue:.

Anyway, i'm now in a bad mood because I wanted to be left alone yet my family didn't. And the b**** of a friend I have wouldn't ****ing stop sending me messages that I don't understand! :angry:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1885
Original post by SciFiBoy
good luck! :hugs:

I don't start my new meds till tomorrow (have to go pharmacy and hope they let me have for free cause don't have my HC2 form with me!) hopefully then I can sleep normally again too!

Hopefully!
I would do many, many things for a bath right now.
The showers here are fine, but standing under a warm spray is nothing compared to lying completely submerged in very hot water.

Spoiler

Edit: Removed the second part. Not comfortable with it being up on TSR.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by rmhumphries
Going to deal with replies later. So sorry anyone who quoted me and I haven't replied.

[sarcasm]So, appointment with Dr Adams went well[/sarcasm].

Spoiler

I almost broke down in tears in front of him, but managed not to. I really don't want to see him again now, but there are no other psych's I can see! :biggrin:

Original post by superwolf
Are you sure this was an actual doctor you saw, or just some homeless alcoholic? :holmes:

Just made me think of this :

Spoiler

:biggrin:
Original post by avhhs
The same thing is gonna happen to me with ICT. Especially after what I got for GCSE:

Spoiler

Wanted to BTEC ICT at one point. My teachers went:

Spoiler

I think that would have been better as you learn to fix computers, and I really wanted to do that.
In the end I did:

Spoiler

Want to go to a university far away from my parents. Originally had thought about doing Networking at Middlesex, but after what I currently feel about my parents, I just want to go somewhere far away. I have a feeling i'm going to miss the "convenience" of being in London (having frequent bus and train services). Anyway, got to realise what i'm doing and start studying hard, if I am going to come anywhere close to going to university :tongue:.

Anyway, i'm now in a bad mood because I wanted to be left alone yet my family didn't. And the b**** of a friend I have wouldn't ****ing stop sending me messages that I don't understand! :angry:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with your GCSEs, they're really good.
There are buses and trains everywhere, not just London. :tongue:
Original post by thatsthebadger93

Spoiler

That is hilarious! Love Fry and Laurie.
I have no one now :sigh: Some of my family are quite peed off with me for doing everything I did, although I've not actually taken any action. If this is what I get for doing nothing, then I might as well just go ahead.

I'm so tired of all this bs, I just want to rest now, everything's a big fuzz. :frown:

On the bright side, had lovely chats with a few teachers today and I felt so much better. I don't think they know how nice it was to talk about something other than stuff going on :smile:
I wish I could calm down
Original post by sunfowers01
I wish I could calm down

:hugs: What's up?
I'm not actually sure, I think it took me just over an hour to get to sleep though.
Things like that just reinforce the idea of me making all this up, or at least over exaggerating everything.
I really, really hope so. Even if my GCSEs are so-so but I really try at A level I could still apply to pretty much anything.

Spoiler

Glad your mood is fairly good!
At least you gave answering it a start, it's more than I would ever do.
Maybe you could just go to predrinks if you feel up to it?
I'm sure they'll miss you but there's nothing stopping you keeping in contact with them :hugs:

Yeah exactly, medicine is still a perfectly realistic option for you!

Spoiler

Thanks! Really relieved the change in dose seems to have worked, was worried I was spirralling back down (sorry really can't spell today! :tongue:)
Turns out I got the day wrong, it's actually tonight, people have just started arriving. They keep encouraging me to come out which is really nice, making me feel a bit guilty. I hung around with them for a bit earlier but going to be scared when the house is full of people. :colondollar:
Just worried about sorting out a replacement person for my room, but I suppose it shouldn't be too hard.
Just been munching on some blueberries so the remaining kit kats can survive a little longer.
I want to run.
It's -2 outside and the music I want isn't on my ipod and just everything is wrong.
Very frustrating.
Reply 1894
There is absolutely nothing wrong with your GCSEs, they're really good.
There are buses and trains everywhere, not just London. :tongue:

Lol I meant that they're not as frequent :wink:. And i'm currently free on buses :tongue:.

---

I don't know what has happened to me. All my negative thoughts are coming back. Just want to argue with/do something to anyone who disagrees with what I say. Been so rude to one of my "friends" (well she was rude to me in the first place) and the other one had the cheek earlier to take her side, and said that:

Spoiler

She doesn't even know what happened. Everyone always favours girls. Always wrapped up in cotton wool. They always believe they never do anything wrong. It's always the boys who do something wrong :angry:. Anything bad happens to a girl: blame a boy.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by thatsthebadger93

Spoiler

haha, that's brilliant. :biggrin:
Original post by FuzzySheep

Spoiler

:console:
Original post by SeaJay

Spoiler

Sorry you had this crappy experience :unimpressed: Second opinion needed methinks....

Spoiler

Tis ok, I wasn't expecting fantastic things, although I wasn't prepared for it to be this bad. Problem is my GP can't refer me to anyone else. So kinda stuff in a hole...

:hugs:

How are you anyway? :smile:
Original post by Nut.

Good luck, hope you get off to sleep! :hugs:

Sorry I haven't replied to you when you last quoted me yet, any posts required more than a little effort I am stacking up for now I'm afraid :frown:

Latest