Scroll to see replies

Original post by AtomicMan
I've done so far:

1 week in upper GI

I've planned:

1 week in anaesthetics
1 week with a GP
4 weeks in general surgery

I think its safe to say that I've planned than done enough, but I may want to get a look into neurology :redface:

Why do you have 4 weeks in General surgery?
I've done so far:

1 week in upper GI

I've planned:

1 week in anaesthetics
1 week with a GP

I think its safe to say that I've planned than done enough, but I may want to get a look into neurology :redface:

Seriously i hope this is a misprint, doing 4 weeks of work exp. would be crazy, especially gen. surgery.
Original post by Orinincandenza
Well the antidote to this is to do something that makes it more likely that you WILL get in, i kinda know what you mean but i guess just look at your application and be honest about your chances.

welll i sort of mucked up my gcses and only got two a*s... so even if i like try really hard for my AS's, my gcse will be a massive barrier!
[QUOTE="sophie0106;36475458"]
Original post by Orinincandenza
Well the antidote to this is to do something that makes it more likely that you WILL get in, i kinda know what you mean but i guess just look at your application and be honest about your chances.

welll i sort of mucked up my gcses and only got two a*s... so even if i like try really hard for my AS's, my gcse will be a massive barrier!

Nein, Nein, Nein this doesn't matter. Medicine is competitive but never for the reasons people think, just apply smartly and no one will even notice your GCSEs.
Original post by Natalie21
Why do you have 4 weeks in General surgery?

Ah, its not 4 weeks in a row, its 2 weeks after exams and then 2 weeks at the start of august. I dunno, I guess it beats doing absolutely nothing as Im technically on holiday during those periods of times, so why not get exposed to medicine some more. I liked shadowing the upper GI team and chatting to the junior docs, would like some more w.e as Id find it interesting. :redface:
(edited 12 years ago)
Ah, its not 4 weeks in a row, its 2 weeks after exams and then 2 weeks at the start of august. I dunno, I guess it beats doing absolutely nothing as Im technically on holiday during those periods of times, so why not get exposed to medicine some more. I liked shadowing the upper GI team and chatting to the junior docs, would like some more w.e as Id find it interesting. :redface:

Won't you just see the same thing over and over?

Have you got work experience for every week in the summer holidays then?
I've done so far:

1 week in upper GI

I've planned:

1 week in anaesthetics
1 week with a GP

At Hillingdon?
Won't you just see the same thing over and over?

Have you got work experience for every week in the summer holidays then?

Nah, just 3 weeks of w.e. The procedures will probably be the same over and over, but I guess I would learn more about medicine at the same time, and give me more experiences to draw on if needed in the PS or at interview.
(edited 12 years ago)

I'm jel :tongue: trying to arrange some in general surgery!
Nah, just 3 weeks of w.e. The procedures will probably be the same over and over, but I guess I would learn more about medicine at the same time, and give me more experiences to draw on if needed in the PS or at interview.

When are you doing the rest of yours then? Easter?
When are you doing the rest of yours then? Easter?

Um, got one in the 2nd week of easter, and the GP a week before gen.surgery :smile:

How goes it for you?
Original post by erniiee
Haha are you tryna arrange some in that dep too? :tongue:

Hopefully! It's the specialty I'm most interested in :smile:
Um, got one in the 2nd week of easter, and the GP a week before gen.surgery :smile:

Awesome :biggrin:
Haven't been on here in 5 days :O

WHat's been going on? :smile:
Original post by DarkAndTwisty
Hopefully! It's the specialty I'm most interested in :smile:

Ahhh nice :smile: intrigued by it as a speciality, so would like to learn more if possible as part of work experience!
Original post by erniiee
Ahhh nice :smile: intrigued by it as a speciality, so would like to learn more if possible as part of work experience!

Wow, you are guys are much more mature than me, I would be giggling like a girl constantly in O&G. Hopefully I mature by UCAS :redface:
Oh my god, the next person to PM me about the biology ISA is getting e-bitch slapped
Oh my god, the next person to PM me about the biology ISA is getting e-bitch slapped

what about it? :P

i know, i know, naughty me :spank:
Sent off my UNIQ application :biggrin:
Original post by erniiee

Good luck with getting some work experience! I'm thinking of doing an EPQ related to Ob/Gyn somehow :smile:

Wow, you are guys are much more mature than me, I would be giggling like a girl constantly in O&G. Hopefully I mature by UCAS :redface:

Can I ask why? :tongue: It's not like you'd laugh at vaginas if you saw them in a sexual scenario, and in a clinical setting it's a lot less like 'I'm looking at some woman's privates' surely?

Latest

Trending

Trending