The Student Room Group

Bocconi, RSM or UvA?

Hi guys,

I would like to go international and study Economics and Business at Bachelor level somewhere in Europe's best schools.

Yet I have offers from the following institutions:

1. Bocconi University, Milan - BIEMF
2. University of Amsterdam - Economics and Business
3. Erasmus University Rotterdam - IBA, IBEB

Considering the quality of tuition, the reputation of the degree, the scholarship opportunities, etc. which do you think will be the best decision for me?

Thanks in advance for your answer
what the hell is biemf?
BIEMF- Bachelor of International Economics, Management and Finance

I have the same question.
Sorry for bumping this old thread.
bump....?
Reply 4
Original post by soldiersixteen
bump....?

What choice did you make as I am very interested in these courses as well.
Original post by Yash13
What choice did you make as I am very interested in these courses as well.

Deciding between RSM and Maastricht.
Bocconi's course looked a bit weird.
Reply 6
Original post by soldiersixteen
Deciding between RSM and Maastricht.
Bocconi's course looked a bit weird.

Ah ok yeah I am not thinking of Bocconi as well because of things I am hearing on TSR. I have applied for IBEB at Erasmus. Do you think IBA is better? I want to work in Investment Banking (who doesn't lol). Also, I have an offer from Bath for Economics is that better than these universities. Your advice will be priceless, thanks!
Reply 7
Original post by Yash13
Ah ok yeah I am not thinking of Bocconi as well because of things I am hearing on TSR. I have applied for IBEB at Erasmus. Do you think IBA is better? I want to work in Investment Banking (who doesn't lol). Also, I have an offer from Bath for Economics is that better than these universities. Your advice will be priceless, thanks!

People say that IBA is more renowned than IBEB.
But your choice is more depending on wheter you want to study management or economics.
I'd go for Bath, especially if you wanna work in London. It's a mid-target university for IB, but Econ in the UK opens a lot of doors and it remains a good uni. :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Mihawk
People say that IBA is more renowned than IBEB.
But your choice is more depending on wheter you want to study management or economics.
I'd go for Bath, especially if you wanna work in London. It's a mid-target university for IB, but Econ in the UK opens a lot of doors and it remains a good uni. :smile:

Yeah I think I prefer Economics at the moment and looking at the IBA course only the first year covers some of an Economics degree. So I think I would be more inclined to take the IBEB. Having said that, I think Bath Economics is probably superior? Thanks for the advice! :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Yash13
Yeah I think I prefer Economics at the moment and looking at the IBA course only the first year covers some of an Economics degree. So I think I would be more inclined to take the IBEB. Having said that, I think Bath Economics is probably superior? Thanks for the advice! :smile:

Yes Bath Econ > IBEB.
It'd be my choice if i was able to apply to Bath and UK universities in general.
Reply 10
Original post by Mihawk
Yes Bath Econ > IBEB.
It'd be my choice if i was able to apply to Bath and UK universities in general.

Thanks for the help. I have decided that is best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending