The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Accommodation

I've put oxford brookes as my insurance for 2012 entry, however, i am worried that if i do miss my firm offer i won't be able to get accommodation in halls at brookes as they only guarantee accommodation to students who firm their offers, does anyone know anything about this??
Original post by erobinson15
I've put oxford brookes as my insurance for 2012 entry, however, i am worried that if i do miss my firm offer i won't be able to get accommodation in halls at brookes as they only guarantee accommodation to students who firm their offers, does anyone know anything about this??

My understanding is like all universities you only get it garaunteed if they are your firm, but I know they still advise to apply for accommodation even if it is your insurance.

If I were you contact OB to see what options there are (i.e shared housing in Oxford etc)

Hope this helps
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
They also say they try to offer 95% of applicants with accommodation, and they've recently opened up new rooms to accommodate people if I remember rightly. And since fees are rising less people will be applying, I would think. I'm just nervous because they don't send out letters with the 'accommodation keys' that you use to apply with till mid April onwards but I'd really rather apply now! :s-smilie:
Original post by Backchatgirl
They also say they try to offer 95% of applicants with accommodation, and they've recently opened up new rooms to accommodate people if I remember rightly. And since fees are rising less people will be applying, I would think. I'm just nervous because they don't send out letters with the 'accommodation keys' that you use to apply with till mid April onwards but I'd really rather apply now! :s-smilie:

Accommodation is not offered on a first come first served basis. regardless if you are the first or last to apply before the deadline you have an equal chance of gaining accom. They allocate rooms in two "batches" The first is for those who have unconditional offers and are 100% joining the university in September.
The 2nd batch is done after results in September. This is where the majority of students are allocated rooms when they know for definite who is joining the university.
Original post by Charlottay!
Accommodation is not offered on a first come first served basis. regardless if you are the first or last to apply before the deadline you have an equal chance of gaining accom. They allocate rooms in two "batches" The first is for those who have unconditional offers and are 100% joining the university in September.
The 2nd batch is done after results in September. This is where the majority of students are allocated rooms when they know for definite who is joining the university.

Thank you for telling me. Even if it's not first come first serve, it would be nice to get it all out the way and forget about it, but I'm glad I'm not at a big disadvantage, though I would be in that 2nd batch. :smile:
Reply 5
you probably will .. if not you can always love in private halls with other freshers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending