The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ISS2508
I heard all cambridge offer holders got a rejection... WHY?!?! I havent heard anyone who has got an offer =/

Not at all true. I know of Cambridge offer holders with LSE offers. Plus LSE cannot lots see which other universities you applied to/got offers for.

Edit: I see now you were talking about geography. In that case I don't know who has or has not got an offer. Only seen like 2 or 3 Cambridge geography applicants on this forum.
(edited 12 years ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by hassi94
Not at all true. I know of Cambridge offer holders with LSE offers. Plus LSE cannot lots see which other universities you applied to/got offers for.

Edit: I see now you were talking about geography. In that case I don't know who has or has not got an offer. Only seen like 2 or 3 Cambridge geography applicants on this forum.

Its because Cambridge is both human and physical geography and LSe is just human geography so all of our personal statements were not tailored enough as they would be if LSe was first choice :smile:
Original post by Deep456
969638-cool_story__bro_super.jpg

You're a ****. Don't blame me for the fact every university rejects you. D ick.
Reply 5223
got my rejection for L101 a few weeks back.

I asked them for a feedback on my app.
their reason for rejection-my PS didnt show enough commitment to Economics per se. I discussed Development Economics and social policy in my PS.
=/
Reply 5224
Original post by shibboo
got my rejection for L101 a few weeks back.

I asked them for a feedback on my app.
their reason for rejection-my PS didnt show enough commitment to Economics per se. I discussed Development Economics and social policy in my PS.
=/

It was probably generic, so don't take it so much to heart buddy.
Original post by Sadsnail
You're a ****. Don't blame me for the fact every university rejects you. D ick.

don-t-be-jel-be-reem_design.png
Are there still people who haven't found out yet? :eek:
Original post by sweetascandy

yep, still waiting. How about you?
Reply 5228
Original post by sweetascandy

Yeah, me too :smile:
Original post by hockeyislife
yep, still waiting. How about you?

No I got rejected two days ago for L101. :cry: Best of luck to all those still waiting! :redface:
Reply 5230
Original post by hassi94

Lol yeh same, oh well :smile: Life moves on and I am sure everyone has amazing places to go to. I believe things happen for a reason and universities also think how well applicants might fit into their universities.

What did you apply for? Where do you want to go?
Reply 5231
Original post by Deep456
don-t-be-jel-be-reem_design.png

What course have you applied for and what universities are looking to go to now?
Original post by ISS2508
Lol yeh same, oh well :smile: Life moves on and I am sure everyone has amazing places to go to. I believe things happen for a reason and universities also think how well applicants might fit into their universities.

What did you apply for? Where do you want to go?

Yeah :smile: If you're applying to unis of this calibre I'm sure you'll do fine wherever you go :smile:

I'm a maths applicants (maths with econ for LSE); offer for Cambridge - but it's a hard one, hopefully I can make it :smile:
Reply 5233
Original post by hassi94
Yeah :smile: If you're applying to unis of this calibre I'm sure you'll do fine wherever you go :smile:

I'm a maths applicants (maths with econ for LSE); offer for Cambridge - but it's a hard one, hopefully I can make it :smile:

:smile:
Ahhh thats amazing! Congratulations! I am sure you can do it :biggrin: When I went for an interview the student taking me around was studying Maths he said is amazing

Good luck with your exams! :biggrin: x
Original post by ISS2508
:smile:
Ahhh thats amazing! Congratulations! I am sure you can do it :biggrin: When I went for an interview the student taking me around was studying Maths he said is amazing

Good luck with your exams! :biggrin: x

Thanks :smile: Where are you hoping to go now? Thanks a lot - good luck with yours too! :smile:
Original post by ISS2508
What course have you applied for and what universities are looking to go to now?

I have got an unconditional to read PPE at Warwick so will be going there.

What about you? :biggrin:
Reply 5236
Original post by hassi94
Thanks :smile: Where are you hoping to go now? Thanks a lot - good luck with yours too! :smile:

I have an unconditional to Kings in London, I firmed it a few days ago haha really wish I was back at school though doing SOMETHING, didn't really plan a gap year :frown: and thank you :biggrin:

Original post by Deep456

Ahh unconditionals are the best! I have got an uncon. for Geography at Kings College :biggrin:... also are you and Sadsnail ok? She is just having a really stressed out time because the Cambridge offer is quite tricky to get and LSE would have been quite good as an insurance. Even though, thinking back now, I really do wonder why I applied, they have given me no reason for a rejection :frown:

How is the gap year going, wubu2 and do you live in London?
Reply 5237
Original post by Deep456

Btw, Warwick is amazing! Congratulations! x
I'm going to ask again.. who is down for the Visit day for Law? :smile:
Reply 5239
Original post by Tsunami2011
I'm going to ask again.. who is down for the Visit day for Law? :smile:

I'm going to be there. Tuesday morning :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending