The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cll_ws
My winning streak ended after 10 games :frown: I drew to Havant and Waterlooville who are just behind me in 2nd (well they were then, i'm now 10 points clear :biggrin:)
I continued unbeaten for 18 games until I suffered my first competitive loss as a manager, which was heart breaking!
But during this time I set both Chelmsford's and the Blue Square South's record for most wins in a row, plus the Blue Square South's unbeaten streak record (Chelmsford's was 19 games, which was the game I suffered my first loss in!)
I got to the 1st round of the FA Cup, where I lost 2-1 to Swindon. And i'm still in the FA Trophy after beating Gateshead last round.

I've had 3 manager of the month awards out of 4, I didn't get it that month I lost my first game.

Adam Tann at centre-back is incredible, a striker would be happy with his goal tally! :tongue: I'm pretty sure he's averaging a goal every other game.

I'm chuffed with how it's going seeing as I haven't played FM for a good 3/4 years! :lol:

Wow, that's a top effort. You'll be in the Prem in no time :p: Hopefully during your time there, they'll build a new stadium (current one is crap) and you may get honoured by having it named after you. :moon:

You're clearly doing/going to do a better job than when I eventually start that save :frown:
Got knocked out on away goals in the CL semi-final. :mad: In all honesty, I'm desperate to move on from Chelsea now, but I have unfinished business still. I need to win six more CL titles to overtake Real Madrid's thirteen, and then Chelsea will be the most successful club in the Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup, Super Cup, Club World Cup and Champions League history. I'm tempted to just spend an absolute ton so I can do it consecutively, but I've never liked doing that.

In other news, Sy and Enrique...:coma:
Reply 6762
Original post by Champagne Supernova
Wow, that's a top effort. You'll be in the Prem in no time :p: Hopefully during your time there, they'll build a new stadium (current one is crap) and you may get honoured by having it named after you. :moon:

You're clearly doing/going to do a better job than when I eventually start that save :frown:

Hopefully! Although i'm worried that i'll just fall apart in a higher league :lol:
Since posting that last post Adam Tann has become my top goalscorer! haha

I got the game this morning in the post, i've been playing the half-season demo up until now. I was nearing very close to the middle of the season, so I can now continue without worrying about that! And thank god you can continue your save file on the full game because that would of sucked!
Original post by Cll_ws
Yeah it was Taarabt I was talking about. He played pretty well for a couple of matches, but then his performances dropped. I'm playing him from the bench mostly now and may look to get rid of him.
Although he did say recently that he's looking to make a name for himself at Villa after he was overlooked for the Morocco squad!

N'Zogbia's actually playing really well, he's one of my most dangerous players. He was injured for a month so he's only played about 8 games, but if I remember rightly he's got 6 assists and 3 goals, which isn't bad! That's from a left attacking midfield role.
Albrighton is also awesome on the right side, he scores quite a lot of goals. He won September player of the month last month as well!

Well good luck with Taarabt :smile:

That's interesting about N'Zogbia. Hopefully I'll have more luck with him when I do another save after my exams :smile:
Albrighton was fairly average for me. He rarely played badly but he never performed amazingly. He chipped in with a few goals and a fair amount of assists, but I had so many wingers on my previous save :facepalm: Moses, N'Zogbia, Ashley Young (on loan a couple of times), Albrighton, Shaqiri. I generally played 1 upfront, which was normally Bent, so Agbonlahor was generally shunned to the flank, and I aquired Daniel Sturridge for £4m (absolute effing bargain at the end of my first season) he also generally played on the wing unless Bent was injured, he'd play up front.

Which formations do you use? I generally rotated between 4231,451 (v shaped midfield) and 424.
Reply 6764
When that happens to you, it's incredibly annoying :p: I had some incident where Rooney and (I think) Rafael both got booked for dissent after someone else on the team got sent off, and I also remember an instance where an opponent got sent off and someone who was already on a yellow got shown a yellow for dissent :lol:
Reply 6765
Finally had one of those dominating seasons where everything seems to go well :smile: Had a bit of a run of bad form towards the end of the season (scraping 1-0 past West Brom with a 95th min winner.....) and got knocked out of the ECL by Barcelona in the semis, but Premiership went like clockwork. Main striker got top goalscorer and player of the year, other striker got player's player and young winger (who, tbh, isn't even that good, just in insane form this season) got young player's.

Will stick with it for a couple more seasons until the finances properly sort themselves out (was in a 16k seater stadium until a few seasons ago.....) then will look for a new challenge :smile:

As for the other leagues, now in 2025:

Charlton are now out the football league altogether (just got relegated from League 2)
Chelsea were in the relegation zone most of the season :biggrin:
Crystal Palace got taken over by a sugar daddy
Celtic didn't even make the top half cut in Scotland - St. Johnstone came 2nd
Kilmarnock are in Scottish Div 2
(edited 11 years ago)
:adore:

Just won Serie A with 102 points, 133 goals scored, 28 conceded, +104 goal difference.

:adore:
Original post by J@tko
Finally had one of those dominating seasons where everything seems to go well :smile: Had a bit of a run of bad form towards the end of the season (scraping 1-0 past West Brom with a 95th min winner.....) and got knocked out of the ECL by Barcelona in the semis, but Premiership went like clockwork. Main striker got top goalscorer and player of the year, other striker got player's player and young winger (who, tbh, isn't even that good, just in insane form this season) got young player's.

Will stick with it for a couple more seasons until the finances properly sort themselves out (was in a 16k seater stadium until a few seasons ago.....) then will look for a new challenge :smile:

As for the other leagues, now in 2025:

Charlton are now out the football league altogether (just got relegated from League 2)
Chelsea were in the relegation zone most of the season :biggrin:
Crystal Palace got taken over by a sugar daddy
Celtic didn't even make the top half cut in Scotland - St. Johnstone came 2nd
Kilmarnock are in Scottish Div 2

Hmmmmm. Not sure what I like more, the fact that Norwich are still in the prem, or that Ipswich got 7 points....
£22.5mill received for a 30yo Aly Cissokho. :h: The guy to replace him in the first team is a 20yo wonderkid who's been rotating well with Aly in the couple of seasons I've had him. And his back-up, is a young Czech LB who shows great potential and I snapped up relatively cheaply. Both their wages are a snip of what Cissokho was on. :colone:
Reply 6769
Oh dear... just extended 36 year old Crespo's contract by a year upping his wages from 3k to 7k after his strong performances for me in the championship. Next game... Broken leg and his career is almost certainly over and he'll be stuck on my wage bill for a year :s-smilie:. Such bad luck.
Reply 6770
The left back that my board in their infinite wisdom decided to sell to Barcelona for £7.5m has now turned in to a 4* rated left back (Salva Ruiz) and would have been a HG player for me. He might even become the best left back on the game :rolleyes: Instead I am stuck with two 2.5* and a youth player who is 3.5* potential but has had 3 pretty awful games in the first team for me.
Reply 6771
Original post by jackclarke1995
Hmmmmm. Not sure what I like more, the fact that Norwich are still in the prem, or that Ipswich got 7 points....

Yeah Norwich are pretty handy - got a good solid team and a pretty decent strikeforce. As for Ipswich - I've never seen such a rubbish team in the EPL. They must have been promoted by fluke because they were simply terrible. My B team beat them 3-0, and it could have been many more :P
Reply 6772
Original post by jackf1337
Well good luck with Taarabt :smile:

That's interesting about N'Zogbia. Hopefully I'll have more luck with him when I do another save after my exams :smile:
Albrighton was fairly average for me. He rarely played badly but he never performed amazingly. He chipped in with a few goals and a fair amount of assists, but I had so many wingers on my previous save :facepalm: Moses, N'Zogbia, Ashley Young (on loan a couple of times), Albrighton, Shaqiri. I generally played 1 upfront, which was normally Bent, so Agbonlahor was generally shunned to the flank, and I aquired Daniel Sturridge for £4m (absolute effing bargain at the end of my first season) he also generally played on the wing unless Bent was injured, he'd play up front.

Which formations do you use? I generally rotated between 4231,451 (v shaped midfield) and 424.

I mostly use a 4-1-4-1 formation. Well it's more of a 4-1-2-2-1, with a defensive midfielder, 2 centre midfielders, 2 attacking wingers and a lone striker up front.
I was playing Bent upfront on his own as well, I didn't have much of a choice though as Agbonlahor got injured for 5 months and I sold Heskey! But Weimann wasn't bad either, he scored a few goals when he played (he was the lone striker for a few games after Bent got injured for a few weeks!)

It sounds like you managed to get some decent players, my one and only signing was Taarabt which I would of rather not had! I just couldn't get the money from anywhere to buy any decent players.
I hate it when I'm proved wrong. Kevmeister (if I spelt your username wrong I apologise) said that Hazard would miss a couple of months a season through injury.... he's out for 7 weeks :frown:

And Downing is out for 4 weeks meaning Suarez is my only left winger left!! :redface:
I haven't had injury problems with Hazard. :holmes:

Spoiler

:rofl: Overkill much :rofl:

:rofl: and at Birmingham :rofl:
Reply 6776
I know, I know. My scout said that "despite his advancing age, he is still a good player" - So I got rid of him and the scout :lol:
Reply 6777
that's exactly what Martin O'Neill did (unsurprisingly!) for £1million.
More than Villa are going to get for him in real life that's for sure!

To be fair to him, he was our best player against Bolton the other day :lol:
Reply 6778
Crawley town, 3 successive promotions, now in the Champions league! My proudest FM achievement to date :smile:
FML..

Stumbled in the league but I realised I had easy games for first 1/3 of season, all my hard games in next 1/3 and my final 8 games are all easier (Spurs are the hardest, the rest of mid-bottom table).

All the favourites knocked out of the FA cup, only Spurs could be difficult in the FA cup too.

Unfortunately, no such luck in the CL. I beat Real Madrid in the first knock out. Drawn Man Utd in the QF and if I do win the tie, I will then most likely go on to face Barcelona :facepalm:

Guess I'll be losing my CL run this season :frown:

Latest