The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Good luck calculating how much you need(ed), I need to go revise core science!
Original post by gaurav183
Oh hey it was so easy imo!!! I know i lost one mark cuz i took all 4 values to find the average. But the rest was a piece of cake. You?

oh haha i did the same :L yeah i couldn't believe how easy some of it was, like the molecular formula of water! i sat there for ages trying to check if i was missing stuff out lol it was good but i think grade boundaries might be really high cos everyone found it easy :s

are you doing P3 on thursday?
Original post by CharlieBoardman
I think I'm a top contender to getting the Heavyweight English Hating Champion of the World. So yes. I quite dislike it.

It's going to need a lot more than luck, but thanks anyway... :smile: good luck to you too.. I cannot wait for the rest of my life which won't consist of any English lessons..

:lol: At this rate, you definitely are!
ARGH! I failed badly!
I'm not even kidding...I failed! The questions I wanted came up, but my brain went blank during the exam!:frown:
How did your's go?
Reply 1963
****, what horrible questions they were for the Crucible. OMAM was good though :smile:
Original post by justanotherindigo
:lol: At this rate, you definitely are!
ARGH! I failed badly!
I'm not even kidding...I failed! The questions I wanted came up, but my brain went blank during the exam!:frown:
How did your's go?

You never know until results day... :wink:
I found the Giles question quite easy... just discussed how Rebecca Nurse reprimands him before he even talks; his simple declarative 'They take my wife' - sympathy; 'You're hearing lies, lies'.

Of Mice and Men was good, but I think some people would have seen the passage and the word 'Curley's wife' and not actually realised that you also needed to analyse the attitudes of others towards women - e.g. Aunt Clara and the girl from Weed too, not just Curley's wife in part B. My mind went completely blank for context! :frown:
Reply 1966
That english exam was awkward, who is giles corey? I haven't fully read either of the books I'm studying.
i need 68 ums for an A* in lit, which equated to 40/60 in 2011? i did touching the void and our question was very easy, feeling good about lit

C3 on thursday, however, will be a totally different story :frown:
Original post by usycool1
You never know until results day... :wink:

Well, I have a habit of saying I failed when I feel that I did something wrong for English, and quite surprisingly I get good marks, but this time...
I genuinely did fail:frown:
I have a horrible gut feeling!
Reply 1969
Original post by iJess
You're not on AQA like us then?

No not for English, I was on Edexcel :smile:
Reply 1970
Original post by ArtisticFlair
I found the Giles question quite easy... just discussed how Rebecca Nurse reprimands him before he even talks; his simple declarative 'They take my wife' - sympathy; 'You're hearing lies, lies'.

I did the other question about attitudes toward the court, I said that:

Abigail and the girls mock the court, referred to the scene where they pretend Mary is controlling the bird to attack them, slipped in historical context about how it was beleivable in 1692 and about how abigail 'toys' with the court and uses it as a 'tool' for what she wants.

Then about how the court is protrayed as unsuccesful referring to the scene about Parris's hysteria when Proctor rips the confession, mentioned structure (are we even supposed to?) as it's at the end of the book so even after the previous three acts the court was unsuccesful at the end of all that effort.

My last point was crap.
Original post by g.k.galloway
Lol... Good luck! What subject? :smile:

Sorry it was History, it went fine considering I sat it two years early, I know I did better than some year 12s so hopefully a B or an A :biggrin:
Original post by shyamshah
Same with me, I am sort of regretting taking English A-Level now :frown:

Aw, I used to like English until recently when I discovered I was awful at lit.

I don't think I will be taking English judging by my exam performance today everyone in my class was crying inside because we covered every theme apart from justice, and those poems were horrible. I will be so happy if I pass even at a C. My heart is breaking after i spent ages revising themes and characters and justice came up :/

& I even forgot to write that it was Unit 1 on the front of the exam paper next to English Literature -_- .
I think I will get an A in lit- not good at books exam think I've got around 45/60 but get quite good marks at poetry :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by SparkleDust231
Aw, I used to like English until recently when I discovered I was awful at lit.

I don't think I will be taking English judging by my exam performance today everyone in my class was crying inside because we covered every theme apart from justice, and those poems were horrible. I will be so happy if I pass even at a C. My heart is breaking after i spent ages revising themes and characters and justice came up :/

& I even forgot to write that it was Unit 1 on the front of the exam paper next to English Literature -_- .

Don't worry, that shouldn't matter :smile:
Original post by alexandraa
I think I will get an A in lit- not good at books exam think I've got around 45/60 but get quite good marks at poetry :smile:

Just saying, 45/60 was an A* last year so you can count yourself well on the way towards and A* if you're better at poetry :smile:
Emglish was easy... I only mentioned Curley's wife in the OMAM qipuestion, I dont think you'll loose too many for other characters
Reply 1977
Original post by Iamtidal
I got 31 in a mock which was a medium B, so I would guess ~25/60.

good I probably flopped my exam as long as it's a B i'm good
Original post by Dandaman9999
Just saying, 45/60 was an A* last year so you can count yourself well on the way towards and A* if you're better at poetry :smile:

Really?! omg id love an a* :biggrin: I've been getting around 26/30 and 18/30 hahaha in the practice ones and i thought I would struggle to get an a again! So sounds quite good :biggrin:

Original post by usycool1
Don't worry, that shouldn't matter :smile:

At least that's something :smile:

Latest