The Student Room Group

A2 Sociology OCR Predictions?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Thank god class didn't come up. Fairly easy overall! I did the Gender Q's since I haven't learnt any age. I wasn't too confident on what ethnography was though so I kinda made that up. Apparently I got it right!
Well I'm absolutely gutted. The questions were so easy and yet I still managed to make a mess of it -_- i wrote barely anything for the 40 Mark question so now it is a case of hoping I did enough to get a C overall which I seriously doubt :L if not, then it's back to college for resits. I'm hoping if I've done that terribly they'll let me redo A2 sociology :smile:
Reply 122
Came out thinking I done really well, but am I right in saying that the age evidence question asked for ADVANTAGES? Cos I think I ****ed up as I wrote all about disadvantaged groups, uuurgh
Reply 123
Original post by Surfacing
Came out thinking I done really well, but am I right in saying that the age evidence question asked for ADVANTAGES? Cos I think I ****ed up as I wrote all about disadvantaged groups, uuurgh

Yeaahh it asked for advantages, OCR were very sneaky.. Did you catch about the ethnography question being about gender inequality in youth subcultures aswell? Almost missed it...
Original post by liamcol123
Ahh yeah I know, SO looking forward to finishing! However, at the rate I'm going, I'll probably end up failing and having to retake in January :/ Yeahhhh that G673 was awful! Feminist explanations of women being victims?! I was all smiles before I read victim aha, ended up doing locality and Marxism (Oh, assuming you did crime & deviance...).

My book's so vague, then again that might just be sociology... Well, better get back to cramming!

what questions did you answer for g673?
Original post by ThisIsMe<3
I think i've about got the theory down. I've been revising gender and age mostly today... I've done tables for how each age group is advantaged/disadvantaged but I'm really struggling to find ways in which old people can be seen as advantaged. Can anyone here help me??

what did you write for how age groups are advantaged.
that exam was hard!
How did you guys G673 AND G674
Any predictions for this year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending