Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

2016 hull applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Odin's Spear
I've got an unconditional for BPLS and I've firmed :smile:

wow congratulations! Fingers crossed if I get the grades I will see you there!
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Original post by Midnight Star
Um, I'm pretty sure Needler is being shut down as soon as the current lot move out which will be around now. It's being replaced by the new halls that are being built on campus. To be honest, this is probably a good thing as while Needler was the cheapest, it was also by far the worst of the university owned halls. The new halls replacing it will be on the other side of the spectrum as all en suite luxury and the most expensive but if price is your issue, I don't think the Lawns is much more expensive than Needler was.

Also (assuming it hasn't changed since I was there like 4 years ago) rent is paid in 3 payments, one each semester (september - christmas - easter) that are taken straight from your account. It's designed so you get the loans come in before each payment comes out.

Why would Needler Hall be shut down? The Courtyard is, by far, much more expensive than Needler, which basically makes it incomparable.

And do you know of any other options apart from that one with 3 payments for each semester? Since I believe that I may not be able to afford it and I'll possibly need to do monthly payments.
Original post by crumpethead
Has anyone else applied to study geography?

Ive applied to Geography bsc (with study abroad...hopefully) which have you applied for?
Original post by braiiny_
Reckitt Hall- RECKTC25A?? Anyone?

Im in Reckitt, RECKTE06A
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TishoHristov
Why would Needler Hall be shut down? The Courtyard is, by far, much more expensive than Needler, which basically makes it incomparable.

And do you know of any other options apart from that one with 3 payments for each semester? Since I believe that I may not be able to afford it and I'll possibly need to do monthly payments.

Okay, I don't know the full details and I've just finished my four years at uni so it's been a while since I was in Halls but I'm pretty certain it is being shut down. I think it was getting quite old and at the very least needed renovating. I've heard bad feedback from people who have been there. However, I know they aren't comparable and I can understand what you're saying. I think there was more of a want for luxury stuff as I know every year all the en suite rooms are always way oversubscribed for, which is probably why they did it this way. The courtyard is also much bigger than Needler so it also allowed them to increase the number of students they can accomodate. The Lawns is still cheaper than the majority of university halls of residence. Sorry, that's probably not much help to you though.

Unfortunately I don't know exactly but if you contact the uni, there is probably ways around it. I know there are student services available that can help students who are struggling so there is support you can get.
Reply 185
Anyone in the Countyard -CRTE005A ?
Anybody in 51 Cranbrook Avenue next year?
Original post by cjxmc
Anyone in the Countyard -CRTE005A ?

I'm in CRTI303A
Reply 188
Original post by charlotte5324
I'm in CRTI303A

I'm not sure how their numbering system works. I assume CRT=Countyard,E/I=Block E/I, and the number the room?
Anyone staying at Ferens hall?
Original post by cjxmc
I'm not sure how their numbering system works. I assume CRT=Countyard,E/I=Block E/I, and the number the room?

Yeah except the first number is the floor and the second two are your room, there are two kitchens of 8 on each floor per block. I have no idea what the A is though, I think people think it's a batch related.
Are you in the courtyard Facebook chat?
Yeah except the first number is the floor and the second two are your room, there are two kitchens of 8 on each floor per block. I have no idea what the A is though, I think people think it's a batch related.

Have you guys already been told your accommodation ?? When did this happen ? I am a medicine applicant and I haven't been told about accommodation yet , I applied too , I am so confused ?
Original post by future doctor x
Have you guys already been told your accommodation ?? When did this happen ? I am a medicine applicant and I haven't been told about accommodation yet , I applied too , I am so confused ?

Yeah I have, they're doing it in batches, not everyone has got it back yet. I know quite a few people on the waiting list. If you're worried then just call or email them.
Which accommodations did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 193

Nope, didn't know there was one!
Hey Any postgrads on here?
Original post by HazMusicPanda
Haha yeah thanks. What about you?

I went to college about 4 years ago so I'm all set :smile: old I know!
Anyone doing modern languages? :smile:
I've now got an unconditional!!! :biggrin: it apparently changed to unconditional last week but I didn't get an email from UCAS and only realised when I checked track yesterday. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by shamlan
Any of you guys going to be in a private accommodation? If so with whom each of you went with?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going into The Village private accommodation :smile:
Anyone thinking of joining any sports teams? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest