The Student Room Group

To Kill a Mockingbird

I'm studying this book at the moment for English Literature and I am really enjoying it. Who else is studying it/like it?

Scroll to see replies

I read it, and it gave me no tips on how to kill mockingbirds. Very disappointing.

Seriously though, it's alright, not the worst book I've ever read.
I studied it at GCSE level and fell in love with it. Fantastic book and I hope even after your exam in the summer you pick it up for another read!
Reply 3
i am going it for GCSE ^-^

personally not my type of book, but it is really interesting and provides lots of life lessons.
I studied it way back in 2006/2007 - I absolutely loved it, one of the best and easiest books I've ever read.
Reply 5
Original post by LiamTheKook
I studied it at GCSE level and fell in love with it. Fantastic book and I hope even after your exam in the summer you pick it up for another read!

Will definitely read it again. It's an amazing book to study and write about :>
I'm revising that now! :smile: It's good but I personally prefer Lord of the Flies :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Miss Anonymous
I'm revising that now! :smile: It's good but I personally prefer Lord of the Flies :smile:

Woo revision:smile: How do you revise? I read the notes and do practice essays :wink:
Original post by Learner289

Woo revision:smile: How do you revise? I read the notes and do practice essays :wink:

me too :wink:
I read the notes I made in class and go through the revision book. Then I just think about different themes and characters and do practice essays :smile: I'll probably pick out all the useful quotations and memorise them next week.. :biggrin:
Reply 9
me too :wink:
I read the notes I made in class and go through the revision book. Then I just think about different themes and characters and do practice essays :smile: I'll probably pick out all the useful quotations and memorise them next week.. :biggrin:

Cool revision techniques :smile: Are you on AQA? And how did you find the question in the mock?

Cool revision techniques :smile: Are you on AQA? And how did you find the question in the mock?

I did the question on Jem's education :smile: it went alright because it was the theme I revised: education :wink:
I need to learn how to manage time better though :s-smilie: I always don't have any time left to reread what I've written..
Reply 11
I did the question on Jem's education :smile: it went alright because it was the theme I revised: education :wink:
I need to learn how to manage time better though :s-smilie: I always don't have any time left to reread what I've written..

Ahh same timing is such a problem for me. I did the one on the presentation of the trial and rushed it but was pleased with my grade.

Ahh same timing is such a problem for me. I did the one on the presentation of the trial and rushed it but was pleased with my grade.

ahha :smile:
good luck with your exams!
Reply 13
ahha :smile:
good luck with your exams!

You too :smile:
Was supposed to have studied it last year. Couldn't get into it, so I merely quit, and got an A in the exam *shrugs*
Reply 15
Original post by Pseudo-truth
Was supposed to have studied it last year. Couldn't get into it, so I merely quit, and got an A in the exam *shrugs*

WOO :smile: I got an A* in the mock
WOO :smile: I got an A* in the mock

Then you are well on your way, and I wish you good luck~
Reply 17
Original post by Pseudo-truth
Then you are well on your way, and I wish you good luck~

I did it last year for GCSE and loved it. The film is terrible though.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 19
I studied To Kill A Mockingbird along with An Inspector Calls last year for my GCSEs. I really enjoyed them both and plan to read them again this summer :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending