The Student Room Group

Guys - How often do you shave facial hair?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Outside of my vandyke, I shave roughly every three days. My skin can't take any more than that.
Original post by eater_of_pies
I thought that was a common myth :hmmm:

It does grow back darker, because the new hairs haven't been bleached by sunlight yet, but it doesn't grow back thicker - it just looks that way because it's darker and the ends are rougher from being shaved :smile:
You need to consider how often girls shave facial hair too.... :rofl:
Reply 23
I'm 16, if I wanted to stay clean shaven one every other day, but I normally leave it 4 days to a week, depends what I'm going to do once i get out of the shower, nothing like a good shower + shave :biggrin:
fortnightly, cba to do it every week
Once a fortnight. To look properly presentable I should do it every 5 days or so but I'm lazy and don't care :tongue:
Reply 26
What is this shaving you speak so highly about?

Yes.
Reply 27
Once a week usually, my facial hair doesn't really grow back very fast. :h:
I do shave once a week, although I really should shave more often, more like every two/three days just to look more presentable :s-smilie:

But procrastination / laziness / not having the ability of waking up 15 minutes earlier than normal all affect me :frown:
I give it a buzzcut unguarded about once a week.

Clean shaven, for me, is pointless. I look like a criminal with a permanent 5 oclock shadow.
Reply 30
every day. I come from a very hirsute family, my dad has to shave twice a day and i'm always a little stubbly by evening.
Reply 31
Original post by Implo
I'm 16, if I wanted to stay clean shaven one every other day, but I normally leave it 4 days to a week, depends what I'm going to do once i get out of the shower, nothing like a good shower + shave :biggrin:

same as me except i'm 20
I usually prefer to have some stubble otherwise i'd look a lot younger than i am :frown:
Original post by eater_of_pies
I thought that was a common myth :hmmm:

Yes loads of people get this wrong. Shaving does not make your beard grow thicker. You can get a thicker beard appearance by trimming (not shaving) because hairs grow at different speeds, so if you just use a trimmer and trim to say a no.2 length, then after about 4 weeks of doing that, you have thicker stubble because the slow growers have caught up to the length of the faster growers. If you shave all the time then the slow growers never get chance to emerge. That's one reason why when you get guys that say "I can't grow a beard" the answer is usually because they have never tried...if they allow 6-8 weeks without shaving then start to trim, they will be surprised at what sort of beard they can grow.

ps great username for a Wiganer :biggrin:
Mine looks like this

In fact, I look similar to this guy but with glasses. Trim around once/twice a week
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by Nihilum
What is this shaving you speak so highly about?

Yes.

How ironic. He's clearly been shaving his moustache.
Reply 35
Original post by mc1000
How ironic. He's clearly been shaving his moustache.

Trimming, not shaving - no shaver is involved.
Every other day, for some reason I always cut myself when I shave every day O_o. Plus i just can't be bothered to do it every day.
Since it's not in the poll, once a month.

I don't like facial hair but I usually just leave it there until it annoys me tbh
Reply 38
Original post by + polarity -
Since it's not in the poll, once a month.

I don't like facial hair but I usually just leave it there until it annoys me tbh

sorry for not including that in the poll!
does it not grow quite long in that time?
Original post by Steve6

Original post by Steve6
sorry for not including that in the poll!
does it not grow quite long in that time?

Not really :ahee:

Quick Reply

Latest