Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Fruitcake_OX
Howdy,

So is anyone else doing Journalism in 2012,

Where are you applying,
What subjects/grades did you get,
What work experience are you doing,
What sort of course content are you looking for (TV, Radio, Print etc)
Whats your DREAM job!

Would really appreciate feedback, its allways about Medican or Computer Science on TSR so I thought it would be good to create our own feed.

Be good if we could swap ideas and experience and challenge others perspectives :smile:

I sure am :smile:
Applied at Bournemouth, NTU, Brunel, Staffordshire and Sheffield.
I am studying Law (B at AS), English literature (C at AS - retaking exam), Media (Got a B at A2) and philosophy (AS - not completed)
I have run my own music website for about 2 years and do the occasional blogging.
Print :smile: I LOVE writing!
I would love to work in a good newspaper or magizine. Ideally I would like to travel and write about my experiances!
Reply 21
Original post by lauren_a
looks like you got the same bad luck with english grading i did :frown: aqa by any chance?

I am in the same boat also :frown: Good B's in my coursework so was gutted when I got a C! Especially when I had worked so hard. Retaking the exam this Thursday so fingers crossed I improve!
i'm applying to teesside uni, I only got a standard grade 3 in english though and i've not done any work experience. Although i have done some photojournalism. I'd love to work on radio.
Reply 23
My problem is that I want to combine writing with photography and I liked the journalism courses, but all my work experiance has been photography based so i've steered away from renouned journalism courses because of little work experiance even though my grades are quite good, (sheffield, NTU,) etc,
My as grades: English Lit: A, Photography: A, Psychology: B, Media: C
I've had offers from Sheffield Hallam,
Sunderland (journalism with photography)
and advertising and editorial photography - Gloustershire

I have one choice left any ideas ? :smile:
Reply 24
Where are you applying

Liverpool (media course) - already got an offer
Cardiff - already got an offer
Brunel - been for a test
Southampton Solent - offer for music journalism
Salford
What subjects/grades did you get

English Language - A, predicted A
Media Studies - A, predicated A*
Sociology - B, predicted B
General Studies - C (dropped)

What work experience are you doing
Working with a HUGE music mailorder company, writing reviews for their Facebook page and that kinda shizz. Also writing for another music site and local paper.

Whats your DREAM job!
Experienced music journalist!
Reply 25
Ooh same I'm torn. Plus I can't decide if the reputation of Sheffield as a top uni is something crucial to consider :s-smilie:

I applied to Bournemouth, UCLAN and Kent too.
Got offers from Bournemouth and UCLAN and an interview at Kent, but turned the interview down. How about you?

Ooh well done! :smile: I've had an admissions test at Nottingham Trent and have an interview at Westminster on Feb 1st but that's it. Sheffield said I shouldn't know until about February :/

Do you know what 2 unis you'd choose if you got all offers?
Reply 26
Original post by Nicole_C
I've applied for straight Journalism at Huddersfield and Nottingham Trent and I've had my interview for NTU, have you had yours yet?

Hi :smile: Yeah I've had mine for NTU for broadcast journalism but haven't heard anything yet, have you? I've also applied for Leeds, presume you meant uni of Leeds? Have you heard from them at all?
Reply 27
Original post by JessicaTx

Original post by JessicaTx
I have applied for Broadcast Journalism at Nottingham Trent, Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Leeds!
Has anyone else already had their interview for Nottingham Trent?

Yeah I went in December for the Broadcast Journalism one, have you heard anything yet?
Reply 28
I have applied for Leeds, Bournemouth, NTU, Sheffield and Lancaster (for english lanugae in the media- not journalism)

And have offer so far from Leeds, Bournemouth and Lancaster.

But I am so torn whether to put Leeds or Bournemouth as my first choice :frown:
I have been to both and they are beautiful!
Leeds is obviously an amazing red brick uni, but the course at Bournemouth looks slightly better as it is 'Multi Media' not just broadcast, and they look like they have better facilities for the course, such as, Macs.

Any advice from current journalism students would be great or anyone looking to study in Sep 2012. I think I am in need of others opinions because I literally cannot decide.
Reply 29
Original post by joely1993

Original post by joely1993
I have applied for Leeds, Bournemouth, NTU, Sheffield and Lancaster (for english lanugae in the media- not journalism)

And have offer so far from Leeds, Bournemouth and Lancaster.

But I am so torn whether to put Leeds or Bournemouth as my first choice :frown:
I have been to both and they are beautiful!
Leeds is obviously an amazing red brick uni, but the course at Bournemouth looks slightly better as it is 'Multi Media' not just broadcast, and they look like they have better facilities for the course, such as, Macs.

Any advice from current journalism students would be great or anyone looking to study in Sep 2012. I think I am in need of others opinions because I literally cannot decide.

Panicked then when I saw you had an offer from Leeds but it wasn't journalism, relief :P Well done on your offers!
I would go for Leeds as you're more likely to get job offers because it is a red brick and employers will look at that over which uni has the best facilities, but then again go where you will be happiest at! :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by BeckyD
Panicked then when I saw you had an offer from Leeds but it wasn't journalism, relief :P Well done on your offers!
I would go for Leeds as you're more likely to get job offers because it is a red brick and employers will look at that over which uni has the best facilities, but then again go where you will be happiest at! :smile:

Yeah that is a good point, god its so hard lol!
Reply 31
Original post by BeckyD

Original post by BeckyD
Panicked then when I saw you had an offer from Leeds but it wasn't journalism, relief :P

btw its only Lancaster which isnt for journalism sorry if that was unclear
Reply 32
Original post by BeckyD
Ooh well done! :smile: I've had an admissions test at Nottingham Trent and have an interview at Westminster on Feb 1st but that's it. Sheffield said I shouldn't know until about February :/

Do you know what 2 unis you'd choose if you got all offers?

I'm dying about Sheffield. It'd 100% be my firm if I got an offer. Then NTU. How about you?
Reply 33
I'm dying about Sheffield. It'd 100% be my firm if I got an offer. Then NTU. How about you?

I love Sheffield so much it is my fav uni by far but probably Leeds first because I prefer the course and then NTU, fingers crossed!
Reply 34
Original post by cornishpastie12
I've heard from NTU last week, it was a yes woo! How about you?

Well doneee! Same :biggrin:
Reply 35
just heard from NTU about print, it was a yes! anyone else heard?
Reply 36

well doneee! maybe see you in september!:smile:
Reply 37
Original post by BeckyD
well doneee! maybe see you in september!:smile:

maybe!
Reply 38

I got on offer for print on tuesday :smile: So excited! Is it your first choice? X
Reply 39
Original post by Nicole_C
I got on offer for print on tuesday :smile: So excited! Is it your first choice? X

It'll be my insurance if I get an offer from Sheffield. If not, my firm :smile: You?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending