The Student Room Group

Peninsula Medical School Applicants thread 2012 entry.

Scroll to see replies

hmm, im sorry to hear about all the rejections, especially those with exams so soon! Hope i hear back tomorrow! Good luck everyone else that's waiting to hear back!
Original post by Seb
Omgomgomg, I have a Manchester interview next week! and also a rejection from PMS, but still!!!

Ah! When is it? Mine's on the 2nd feb.
Original post by rohitbd
Cheers, and about manchester I would really try and put an emphasis on teamwork, and not get very nervous like I did (it was my first interview) plus keep your answers short , my answers were too long and they had to stop me, its because you get about 6 mins a station whereas I was more prepared for longer answers, whereas in MMI there is not that much time, plus I don't think they care what happened in the group discussion much but more about what you can recall from it, in the small interview about it, I should have done all of this but didn't and failed but fingers crossed for barts and peninsula. How did you think your peninsula interview went?

Hey, thanks for the advice man. I'll try my best and hope for the best outcome. My peninsula interview was not that bad however, I felt very nervous and probably ummmed and arrrred a lot. Also, I think I failed to directly answer the question which is probably why the interviewers seemed a little confused but they didn't stop me or anything and one of the ladies kept smiling and nodding so I just kept going. Lol. Not the best experience!:confused:
Original post by Eddie91
I had a look at Ireland, don't they require extremely high grades. Like 720 UCAS points or something? Which you are unable to get with A-levels which seems to discriminate against UK applicants?

Nope they require around A*AAA - A*A*AA and a high HPAT score, check the matriculation tariffs. They require 720 like Irish points which is your grades (capped at 560 or something) added to your HPAT.
If you're over the threshold you're in.
Reply 924
Original post by amazin_sk8a_dude
Hey, thanks for the advice man. I'll try my best and hope for the best outcome. My peninsula interview was not that bad however, I felt very nervous and probably ummmed and arrrred a lot. Also, I think I failed to directly answer the question which is probably why the interviewers seemed a little confused but they didn't stop me or anything and one of the ladies kept smiling and nodding so I just kept going. Lol. Not the best experience!:confused:

Haha lol, but let me tell you that in the MMI you really SHOULDN'T babble on, its not like the standard interview in that sense where you try and sell your self with lots of points in a question I think, but I did get rejected so don't take only my word for it lol:tongue:, just keep to the point and only answer their question at hand, I really had a mixed bunch of interviewers at peninsula, 2 were very kind, 2 seemed quite strict and 1 didn't look bothered and was hard to keep eye contact with, I had the lady that smiled and nodded as well, don't know if thats good as she might have felt she has to push you to the answer:confused:, good luck anyway :smile:
Rejection post interview just before my A2 physics exam :/
Reply 926
Original post by nickhunt1993
Rejection post interview just before my A2 physics exam :/

Were you rejected this morning?

Sorry about that:frown: Good luck in your exam.
Original post by airdoc
Sorry to hear about the rejection mate :frown:

When was your interview?

It was early December. :/
Reply 928
anyone heard anything today???
Reply 929
I think we'll hear something today!
Reply 930
Original post by hopes
I think we'll hear something today!

I'm going insane with stress haha, I missed lectures today :tongue:
Reply 931
Original post by airdoc
I'm going insane with stress haha, I missed lectures today :tongue:

Haha me too!! I had lectures yesterday and praticals today, and I just don't have the energy to pick myself up and go in incase something happens and I can't check it!

Tbh I haven't even slept properly since Monday!

The joys of being a medicine applicant eh.
Reply 932
Is everyone hearing by email for peninsula, letter, or email from track ? ahhh stressing out :s-smilie:
Original post by Tori3194
Is everyone hearing by email for peninsula, letter, or email from track ? ahhh stressing out :s-smilie:

Email. Good luck.:biggrin:
Reply 934
Original post by Tori3194

Well from what I know you get an email first if it's a rejection, and it comes through on track if it's an offer. I know you get an email alert for track anyway, but there's usually a bit of a delay :wink:
Reply 935
Original post by turnor123
Well from what I know you get an email first if it's a rejection, and it comes through on track if it's an offer. I know you get an email alert for track anyway, but there's usually a bit of a delay :wink:

Thanks, just sitting here refreshing my email now, *fingers crossed*
Reply 936
I don't think anyone heard anything today.. strange :\
Reply 937
Original post by askari
I don't think anyone heard anything today.. strange :\

It's still a bit early..
Reply 938
Come on Peninsula, today is when you usually send out offers. Plus does UCAS send you a email straight after track has changed or does it take a while?
Reply 939
Original post by rohitbd
Come on Peninsula, today is when you usually send out offers. Plus does UCAS send you a email straight after track has changed or does it take a while?

last year offers came out at around 6pm

Quick Reply

Latest