The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2000
Original post by Dan9878
Not true. Swansea didn't tell us what to expect. Certainly the first lot as we were all in for a surprise.

Have to agree with this. UWE did not tell us what to expect, and one Uni - which shall not be named didn't even tell me where the interview was! Apparently it was the first 'task'. :eek:
Reply 2001
CANNOT WAIT TO HEAR FROM COVENTRY - Fingers crosssssssed!
Reply 2002
Just rang UClan to get an update with my application and I have been selected for interview! :biggrin:
I'll get a letter through the post by next week with dates and what the fitness test will be!
SO excited!! :biggrin:
Original post by f0rbesy
Just rang UClan to get an update with my application and I have been selected for interview! :biggrin:
I'll get a letter through the post by next week with dates and what the fitness test will be!

Congratulations!
Original post by f0rbesy

wow congrats! is it your first choice? hopefully the rest of us will hear soon too :smile:
How did everyones Edge Hill interview go?

I failed the fitness test - my heart rate went too high :-( gutted :-(
Original post by starsteph1993

sorry to hear that :frown:
was there many at your session today?
unfortunately the heart rate is difficult to control with nerves etc
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mattmullan
sorry to hear that :frown:
was there many at your session today?
unfortunately the heart rate is difficult to control with nerves etc

:frown: There was a few there yea..
I know, its annoying because you cant just carry on :frown: !
Reply 2008
Just got an interview for st georges!!! Anybody.else get one? no idea what to expect.... fitness testing?? Please help!
Reply 2009
Original post by Lucy14
Just got an interview for st georges!!! Anybody.else get one? no idea what to expect.... fitness testing?? Please help!

No fitness test at St Georges, it's multi mini interviews there, they should send you an email with a link to lots of information about it. Good luck!
Reply 2010
I've just received a letter from Swansea, interview next Wednesday! Any advice guys?
:frown: There was a few there yea..
I know, its annoying because you cant just carry on :frown: !

im sorry to hear that but look at the positives - they invited you to interview (only about 300 out of overa thousand were invited)- so they must think you are suitable, and now you know what needs worked on for future use- hopefully this experience has not disheartened you but will spur you on.
My mate who came over with me for his interview the following day failed his fitness test just 30 secs from the end- they told him to stop and he thought that was the test over but alas that was not the case (and he would be considered quite a fit indavidual)
Original post by Lucy14

they should send out an email with the details- no fitness test but they have a MMI instead of the traditional panel interview. but that will all be explained in the email.
If you dont mind me asking when is your interview for?
just mines is tomorrow and if I dont completely muck it up im just trying to gauge how long ill end up having to play the waiting game
Reply 2013
Original post by Katiejo
I've just received a letter from Swansea, interview next Wednesday! Any advice guys?

Make sure if you have travel restrictions tell them before hand. Or make sure you get an anytime return... The interview is like 3 stations and then a 1:1 interview.

Its a good day, good luck they are really nice. The uni is lovely and if it wasn't a DipHe it would be my first choice!
Reply 2014

Hey Steph me too! i was there yesterday afternoon, soooo close to the end too....damm heart rate!

Sorry to hear that hon!!
Got an invitation from LJM today...its a request for driving licence details, hopefully will get an interview now i've send that back (: fingers crossed!
Original post by xxstephxx
Got an invitation from LJM today...its a request for driving licence details, hopefully will get an interview now i've send that back (: fingers crossed!

they requested mine back in january and havent heard anything since and know a few people on the same boat
Original post by xxstephxx

I got this about the same time last year then got an interview later in the day! Fingers crossed :smile:
Original post by vikstar
Hey Steph me too! i was there yesterday afternoon, soooo close to the end too....damm heart rate!

Its really annoying isn't it because you cant just go on if you feel able to..when he said right im going to have to stop you i was like nooo :-( i really wanted to go there! Do you know how many failed in your group? Im not sure how many did in mine because i was 2nd to do it...

Original post by Anyastasia
Sorry to hear that hon!!

Thanks! Still no news from Coventry... have you heard back or had any offers yet ? :smile:

Original post by mattmullan
im sorry to hear that but look at the positives - they invited you to interview (only about 300 out of overa thousand were invited)- so they must think you are suitable, and now you know what needs worked on for future use- hopefully this experience has not disheartened you but will spur you on.
My mate who came over with me for his interview the following day failed his fitness test just 30 secs from the end- they told him to stop and he thought that was the test over but alas that was not the case (and he would be considered quite a fit indavidual)

30 secs from the end would be so annoying! i dont know how long i had left but the guy said even if theres only a few seconds left if it goes over you fail - theres no exceptions! Its irritating because the best candidates might be the most nervous and could have a higher heart rate because of that! Coventry were much more understanding, they said if you do a good interview it wont matter!
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest