The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Strathclyde firmers and insurance 2012 thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Firmed Strathclyde for Business! :smile: Looking really forward to going there in September!
well, I guess, I better go and revise, cause it's a conditional!
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Reply 41
Original post by DragonHeartstring
Haha! Same here. I hope I get along with whoever I'm put with in the flats, it would be much easier to make friends :L
'Cause I'm Scottish, I don't know how attainable AAB is at A Level, but very good luck! Though I don't have the pressure of meeting conditions, just the thought of what I have to learn for advanced higher Biology is weighing heavily on my mind. :s-smilie: tbh, I was incredibly shocked to get an unconditional, I didn't do that well last year, I don't think. But hey, I'm not complaining :smile:
Aww, of course you can! As long as it's a small box. And I may or may not let you put a toothbrush next to the sink. :tongue:

I'm sure you will, I guess everyone is in the same situation as you. But then again, girls.. can be argumentative, lol. I dunno.

Well, I'm not sure, I mean, (babbling) getting 1 A shouldn't be too bad, but that is with a whole lot of studying, and so 2 As may be too hard? I stared studying one of my subjects in Feb and I've still not finished the course -.- GRAH
Is advanced biology hard? (I don't know how it compares to A levels).

Annd.. well. Okay. It's kind of you to let me be a hobo in your room. Very kind actually. I can be a gremlin who just.. sits there.. watching nothing.. in a student room :L But if I can't put my toothbrush next to the sink, where CAN I put it? :frown:
Original post by JessNurden
I'm sure you will, I guess everyone is in the same situation as you. But then again, girls.. can be argumentative, lol. I dunno.

Well, I'm not sure, I mean, (babbling) getting 1 A shouldn't be too bad, but that is with a whole lot of studying, and so 2 As may be too hard? I stared studying one of my subjects in Feb and I've still not finished the course -.- GRAH
Is advanced biology hard? (I don't know how it compares to A levels).

Annd.. well. Okay. It's kind of you to let me be a hobo in your room. Very kind actually. I can be a gremlin who just.. sits there.. watching nothing.. in a student room :L But if I can't put my toothbrush next to the sink, where CAN I put it? :frown:

Yeah, worried about that too, if I'm put with a bunch of girls that end up not liking me or are really, really umm.. strong minded? :L Oh dear.

At least you have started studying though. Just think of all the people who will be regretting the decision not to start revising when you did :smile:
Hm, I think that A Levels are harder than Highers, but Advanced Highers are harder than A2's. At least, that's what I've been told! So yeah, I suppose AH Bio is quite hard, it's just the volume of things you have to remember for it. It's like the ultimate memory test. On top of that I took Higher Music and crashed Higher Physics, which isn't actually so bad..

:zomg:You don't mean like the gremlins from 'Gremlins' do you? because then you definitely cannot stay. The fine for room damage would be extortionate :tongue: umm, I don't know where else you could put the toothbrush.. I didn't really think it through :redface:
Reply 43
Yeah, worried about that too, if I'm put with a bunch of girls that end up not liking me or are really, really umm.. strong minded? :L Oh dear.

At least you have started studying though. Just think of all the people who will be regretting the decision not to start revising when you did :smile:
Hm, I think that A Levels are harder than Highers, but Advanced Highers are harder than A2's. At least, that's what I've been told! So yeah, I suppose AH Bio is quite hard, it's just the volume of things you have to remember for it. It's like the ultimate memory test. On top of that I took Higher Music and crashed Higher Physics, which isn't actually so bad..

:zomg:You don't mean like the gremlins from 'Gremlins' do you? because then you definitely cannot stay. The fine for room damage would be extortionate :tongue: umm, I don't know where else you could put the toothbrush.. I didn't really think it through :redface:

Well, I suppose if the girls are strong minded, you'd have some in-depth debates.

I don't think anyone would be jealous of starting studying from Feb. It's a complete time killer >.< Well, I've heard that advance highers are harder than A2s, but I guess that's not too surprising.

:O You took a higher in music? Wow. What do you play? I only took music to my GCSE's in a after-school class :/

I don't think I've ever seen 'Gremlins.' but Oh! I'd be a good gremlin.. if there are such things.
I shall keep my toothbrush in a shoe. :biggrin:
Well, I suppose if the girls are strong minded, you'd have some in-depth debates.

I don't think anyone would be jealous of starting studying from Feb. It's a complete time killer >.< Well, I've heard that advance highers are harder than A2s, but I guess that's not too surprising.

:O You took a higher in music? Wow. What do you play? I only took music to my GCSE's in a after-school class :/

I don't think I've ever seen 'Gremlins.' but Oh! I'd be a good gremlin.. if there are such things.
I shall keep my toothbrush in a shoe. :biggrin:

Very true! I suppose that would be a bonus... depending on the debate :L

:smile: I play viola, primarily. I started with Violin but switched about 4 years ago. As a second instrument I played Recorder for Higher, because you're not allowed to have both violin and viola :mad: I've learned that recorder isn't easy :L
I played Bass Guitar as a second instrument for standard grade, but never carried it on. What do you play?

You should see it, it's a crazy wee story :L I'm sure you'd be an excellent gremlin! It would be pretty fun, wrecking things without a care in the world!
You could somehow tie the toothbrush to the shoe with the laces and Voila! Your own portable toothbrush. :smile:
Reply 45
Very true! I suppose that would be a bonus... depending on the debate :L

:smile: I play viola, primarily. I started with Violin but switched about 4 years ago. As a second instrument I played Recorder for Higher, because you're not allowed to have both violin and viola :mad: I've learned that recorder isn't easy :L
I played Bass Guitar as a second instrument for standard grade, but never carried it on. What do you play?

You should see it, it's a crazy wee story :L I'm sure you'd be an excellent gremlin! It would be pretty fun, wrecking things without a care in the world!
You could somehow tie the toothbrush to the shoe with the laces and Voila! Your own portable toothbrush. :smile:

:redface: I play the violin too! (And the piano and guitar). Why did you change to the viola? What grades have you done?

Is the gremlin movie a scary one at all? (I'm not a massive fan of scary films, total scaredy cat).

A portable toothbrush on a shoe? That'd be pretty sneaky and gross, don't you think? :P But you could always accompany me with a portable shoe toothbrush.
:redface: I play the violin too! (And the piano and guitar). Why did you change to the viola? What grades have you done?

Is the gremlin movie a scary one at all? (I'm not a massive fan of scary films, total scaredy cat).

A portable toothbrush on a shoe? That'd be pretty sneaky and gross, don't you think? :P But you could always accompany me with a portable shoe toothbrush.

We've taken over this thread :colondollar: I'm going to reply on your profiley wall thing!
Ohh! Really?
Well, that gives me some piece of mind.
I hope there will be some other lone wolves though. I don't fancy the idea of approaching a group of friends already :P

Bah! I told you that and you wouldn't believe me! :L
I'm still undecided if I'll make Strathclyde my firm or my insurance. I'll be visiting Heriot-Watt uni next week so I'll know for sure then. I really do like Strathclyde, but my parents are convinced that Heriot-Watt is the better uni.
I'll also be totally friendless when I go to uni, btw. I'm from the Netherlands and I literally know no one that lives in Glasgow, or even in Scotland. I think there will be a lot of people that don't know anyone.
Reply 49
Original post by KiaraMarissa
I'm still undecided if I'll make Strathclyde my firm or my insurance. I'll be visiting Heriot-Watt uni next week so I'll know for sure then. I really do like Strathclyde, but my parents are convinced that Heriot-Watt is the better uni.
I'll also be totally friendless when I go to uni, btw. I'm from the Netherlands and I literally know no one that lives in Glasgow, or even in Scotland. I think there will be a lot of people that don't know anyone.

What course are you applying to? :smile:
Original post by Quintro
What course are you applying to? :smile:

I've applied for MChem Chemistry. What about you?
Original post by Farwa
me too just firmed pharmacy at strathclyde

iv firmed pharmacy at strathclyde too :smile:
Reply 52
Original post by KiaraMarissa
I've applied for MChem Chemistry. What about you?

MEng Mechanical Engineering. I'm not sure about Heriot-Watt, but I've only heard good things about the department at Strathclyde. You should make a thread about it (if you haven't already) and see if any current Chemistry students at either university can give you some advice.
Reply 53
Original post by jadehutchison
iv firmed pharmacy at strathclyde too :smile:

See you in september I'm soooo exciteddd
Original post by Quintro
MEng Mechanical Engineering. I'm not sure about Heriot-Watt, but I've only heard good things about the department at Strathclyde. You should make a thread about it (if you haven't already) and see if any current Chemistry students at either university can give you some advice.

Yeah that's what I have been reading (hearing) as well. Honestly, I don't think I could even meet my conditions for Heriot-Watt, so I could just as well firm Strathclyde right away. In my heart, I prefer Strathclyde too, so my parents should just deal :wink:
Original post by Farwa
See you in september I'm soooo exciteddd

me too! seen some of the first year course notes - looks pretty good :biggrin:
Reply 56
Original post by Quintro

Awesome, another Mechanical Engineering person :smile: have you firmed strathclyde already then?
Reply 57
I've picked strathy as my firm for software engineering :smile:
Reply 58
Original post by Pigjosh
Awesome, another Mechanical Engineering person :smile: have you firmed strathclyde already then?

I have yeah :smile:

I need to get AAA (AA at AH) this year though, but I'm on track for that just now, so hopefully I can get in!
Reply 59
Original post by Quintro
I have yeah :smile:

I need to get AAA (AA at AH) this year though, but I'm on track for that just now, so hopefully I can get in!

Great! Hopefully see you there then :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest