The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brooke Accomodation

Does anyone have any views on the Oxford Brookes accomodation? Are they reasonably sized? Best ones for getting the university bus etc.
I've already decided that i'm not getting the 50 week one and ,even though my subject is at Wheatly, i don't want to use the accomodation there.:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Have a look at the Brookes accommodation webpages to see what is available
www.brookes.ac.uk/accommodation and go to "halls in detail"

It tells you the approx size of rooms and hall locations etc. There are also 360 degree photos of rooms and kitchens if you click on the links on the right hand menu
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 2
I'm currently deciding on what I'd like my choices to be.

I will be studying Business & Marketing Management at Wheatley.

I would recommend looking at the Map of Halls on the website and it will show you how far each accommodation location is from Wheatley.

Paul Kent is close and the Brookes Bus goes from the main campus at Headington and also from the other accommodation like Paul Kent.
If you live in Crescent or Paul kent then the bus to get to wheatley is the U5X. This is never full and so you will have a nice journey to wheatley. they dont run as regular as the U1 which takes you to all the other accom. The U1 however is excessively full most of the time.
Reply 4
Original post by Charlottay!
If you live in Crescent or Paul kent then the bus to get to wheatley is the U5X. This is never full and so you will have a nice journey to wheatley. they dont run as regular as the U1 which takes you to all the other accom. The U1 however is excessively full most of the time.

Do you know if Paul Kent is a nice halls of residence?
My friend in 2nd year lived there and said it's rather quiet...
Original post by mjones06
Do you know if Paul Kent is a nice halls of residence?
My friend in 2nd year lived there and said it's rather quiet...

Paul Kent is rather nice yes, its situated in cowley end of oxford on the U5 and U5X bus route. Each hall can be quite it depends on who you live with and who you make friends with. I know quite a few people who go out alot in paul kent
Reply 6
Original post by Charlottay!
Paul Kent is rather nice yes, its situated in cowley end of oxford on the U5 and U5X bus route. Each hall can be quite it depends on who you live with and who you make friends with. I know quite a few people who go out alot in paul kent

Great! Thanks :smile:

As a Student can you give any recommendations?
Original post by mjones06
Great! Thanks :smile:

As a Student can you give any recommendations?

Go for the cheaper halls, the more expansive ones r only more expansive because of their location. if you can live with sharing a bathroom then it will save u so much money. I share a bathroom and its no problem at all. we have 2 showers between 7 and there is always 1 free. It also gets cleaned twice a week by the hall cleaner

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending