The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nonotrly
He's been doing that for about a decade, and he's been WWE's biggest (though forced) star for those years, being cheered by millions of kids and women. People aren't going to see it as literally as you see it, they see it as a typical John Cena win. Plus that's all that matters, he got the win, he bested his opponent. By the time we saw Rocky IV, we knew Rocky wasn't constantly getting his ass handed to him, that was just how he boxed.

Yes I just compared John Cena to Rocky Balboa.

Besides, people ARE stupid, and wrestling fans are meant to have short attention-spans. We cheer Kane even though he's a serial rapist.

expand?

Yeah I saw extreme rules, I wouldn't say it was bad but it wasn't that great either. Cm Punk V Jericho stole the show yet again, they always put on a masterclass, by far the best showmen out there right now.

Cena v Brock was old wine in a new bottle, they gave Brock the UFC look which was slightly refreshing.. but once again we saw cena lose most the match and then win with one finisher. Then he wonders why he gets boo'ed :rolleyes:
Extreme Rules was more enjoyable that Mania for me. Chicago rose to the occasion again.
Reply 6242
Original post by rickjames
expand?

Kane's always chasing women down backstage, trapping them in a dark room then breathing heavily up against them before the segment ends. It's his thing.

"Hey that was Kelly Kelly that just ran past screaming, is she alright? She looks in danger"

*Kane storms by*

"Yeah she's fine."

Didn't he rape Lita?
Such a garbage start to Raw. Make the audience think a massive change will happen (like a laurenditis firing, the guy sucks.. he's a patronising heel which deserves no credit).. and then nothing happens as per.
The buildup to announcing John Cena's next opponent......I was actually convinced it would either be a rematch with Brock in a cage or some big name return like Batista, heck I'd even have taken Lord Tensai. But Laurinitis v Cena? Seriously what is the world coming to? It's like David Arquette being WCW Champion all over again.

Also I think it's pathetic how they treat the Divas I mean hardly even 30 seconds a match?

One good thing came out of Raw; tage titles finally changed hands.

CM Punk v Daniel Bryan should be an interesting storyline.

I have a prediction that we will be seeing CM Punk as WWE Champion for quite some time yet.

Ratings for this Monday's Raw: 5/10.....could have been so much better.
7/10. I enjoyed the start and I enjoyed seeing trips looking genuinely dominated.

The wrestling in the middle I could take or leave, but I suppose after the night before most of the wrestlers needed a rest.

I'm curious about what they do with Jericho, Ziggler, and most of the other unused talent. There are only three main story lines going on right now. They're good stories but nothing else is happening.

I liked the end, at first I thought it was phooey but I can see Laurinitis forming a stable and I liked seeing Cena getting smashed up two nights in a row. Lauringitis, for the first time, looked like a genuinely menacing heel instead of the bumbling douchebag.
also WTF. I thought Cena was leaving. Slightly pissed off at that because I genuinely got my hopes up a bit thinking things were going to change slightly
Reply 6247
Original post by jayne.corr
also WTF. I thought Cena was leaving. Slightly pissed off at that because I genuinely got my hopes up a bit thinking things were going to change slightly

I'm glad he's not leaving. If he left, he'd just make a big return, then (yet again) get an instant title shot just because he made a return. In other words, he'll get a shot at being champion bbecause a guy injured him/he took a break. Weird.
Maybe I'm alone here but I'd much prefer to see Johnny Ace fight Cena than Tensai, who we was obviously led to believe would be his opponent.

Can't wait to see Johnny Ace do the RKO Ace Crusher on Cena.
Reply 6249
Wait a minute... did Cena/Lesnar go on last??

Original post by TheMagicRat
Maybe I'm alone here but I'd much prefer to see Johnny Ace fight Cena than Tensai, who we was obviously led to believe would be his opponent.

Can't wait to see Johnny Ace do the RKO Ace Crusher on Cena.

His finisher should be the Laurinitiscanrana.
(edited 11 years ago)
The storyline is rubbish. PG era aside, at least be ****ing consistent in story telling. HHH can't have a mass walk out after a couple of inteferences and Johnny can get away with this?!

Its so inconsistent, I feel pretty offended at the lack of creativity and thought in the storyline. I am as turned off by wrestling now to the same extent as I was eager to see the rock back.
The storyline is rubbish. PG era aside, at least be ****ing consistent in story telling. HHH can't have a mass walk out after a couple of inteferences and Johnny can get away with this?!

Its so inconsistent, I feel pretty offended at the lack of creativity and thought in the storyline. I am as turned off by wrestling now to the same extent as I was eager to see the rock back.

I agree. Another example is the "rule" that CM Punk would lose his title because of "drinking alcohol". Seeing as Steve Austin got the beers out after every win, he must have had quite the loophole in his contract!

In fairness those interferences were by two people who had been fired. It's also worth noting that when HHH was relieved of his duty on Raw because he was getting too involved since he was fighting people we were led to believe that Johnny had the ear of someone. Under normal circumstances HHH would've stayed in charge but Johnny was manipulating the situation. It was never confirmed but that is the assumption that I think we were supposed to make.

Nobody is manipulating things now and HHH obviously won't be there next week to reprimand Johnny. Perhaps this is a way of getting Vince back on TV. He may then also get beat up and destroyed by Johnny and his henchmen, be that Tensai or Lesnar. Johnny will run amok for a few months before eventually getting his comeuppance. There's also the possibility that the Cena-Johnny fight will be a "Loser Leaves" affair. They will probably have to add some stipulation to make/keep it interesting or else most fans won't be bothered.

Also, if Johnny is 1/10th as good as he used to be in the ring then he's going to make Cena look like a backyard wrestler.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6253
Nobody is manipulating things now and HHH obviously won't be there next week to reprimand Johnny. Perhaps this is a way of getting Vince back on TV. He may then also get beat up and destroyed by Johnny and his henchmen, be that Tensai or Lesnar. Johnny will run amok for a few months before eventually getting his comeuppance. There's also the possibility that the Cena-Johnny fight will be a "Loser Leaves" affair. They will probably have to add some stipulation to make/keep it interesting or else most fans won't be bothered.

Who says Johnny's going to get his comeuppance? WWE threw the book out the window by never having Michael Cole get his comeuppance.
Original post by nonotrly
Who says Johnny's going to get his comeuppance? WWE threw the book out the window by never having Michael Cole get his comeuppance.

Good point.
In fairness those interferences were by two people who had been fired. It's also worth noting that when HHH was relieved of his duty on Raw because he was getting too involved since he was fighting people we were led to believe that Johnny had the ear of someone. Under normal circumstances HHH would've stayed in charge but Johnny was manipulating the situation. It was never confirmed but that is the assumption that I think we were supposed to make.

Also, if Johnny is 1/10th as good as he used to be in the ring then he's going to make Cena look like a backyard wrestler.

I see your point, but if there is a stringent board of directors like they boast every week then it doesn't have to be just HHH paying attention to Johnny. He has dozens of reasons to be fired in the last month and realistically there would have been something done about it. That is the inconsistency I'm talking about.

The last time people ran riot was NEXUS but that made sense since they were an invasion, and not part of WWE as such. This is just stupid though.
Just watched Extreme Rules and boy Lesnar has gotten fat!

Oh and Booker T just does my head in. Every time someone does a half decent move he's like 'AAAAH MAN! He's gaaaat him. It's over'
Original post by mrdoovde1

Oh and Booker T just does my head in. Every time someone does a half decent move he's like 'AAAAH MAN! He's gaaaat him. It's over'

I might make a drinking game around the frequency of his line "what we're witnessing right here is an old school beat down" :colonhash:
Original post by mrdoovde1

Dare you to say that to his face.
Did any of you hear about Lesnar's freak-out after Extreme Rules?

Apparently Cena was supposed to be carried out on a stretcher all beat up, making Brock look like he won anyway. So when Lesnar saw Cena's speech he lost it and started screaming that they had had screwed him over, and throwing **** around the dressing room :biggrin: