The Student Room Group

OCR PSYCHOLOGY G542 core studies May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Third time doing this exam, can't be good. Still haven't revised as well as I should have.
I think as long as you have a good knowledge of 10 of the studies, you'll do pretty well because of the choice in section B.

All the random numbers going around in my head is crazy right now :frown:

But, still - all the best guys. :smile:
Reply 181
I don't think I'll fall asleep tonight.. I'm so afraid of tomorrow's exam! I was revising for the whole day and I feel like nothing's stuck in my head and I can't remember anything now :frown: The first exam G541 was so easy, and I bet this one will be the hardest out of all of my exams.. And it's also my last exam! I just hope I will be able to answer most of the questions.. Section A is the worst as they can ask you about anything even in great details...
Original post by partofme
I don't think I'll fall asleep tonight.. I'm so afraid of tomorrow's exam! I was revising for the whole day and I feel like nothing's stuck in my head and I can't remember anything now :frown: The first exam G541 was so easy, and I bet this one will be the hardest out of all of my exams.. And it's also my last exam! I just hope I will be able to answer most of the questions.. Section A is the worst as they can ask you about anything even in great details...

I think you'll be surprised by what you actually know. All the best! :smile:
Reply 183
Any Predictions for section C??
Reply 184
Original post by shezshez
I think you'll be surprised by what you actually know. All the best! :smile:

Thank you, and I'm sure you'll pass your exam too. Apparently "third time lucky".. What grades did you get in your previous G542 exams?
Original post by nonabona
Any Predictions for section C??

most people are saying behaviourist
Reply 186
Behaviourist perspective only came up once..
Some people said that the perspective is unlikely to come up again so I think it will be either social or individual differences approach - or maybe both ?
But you never know..
I got a C in the first and a B in the second, Just frustrating 'cause i was 2 marks off a B overall - the options paper at A2 let me down biiig style. So much to learn, so good luck for that one. :') I'm only re-taking to keep me involved in psychology to be honest, i'm all sorted with a uni place for next year, took a gap-year you see.. but, yeah, my plan failed, not done much studying at all. :frown:
Reply 188
Original post by shezshez
I got a C in the first and a B in the second, Just frustrating 'cause i was 2 marks off a B overall - the options paper at A2 let me down biiig style. So much to learn, so good luck for that one. :') I'm only re-taking to keep me involved in psychology to be honest, i'm all sorted with a uni place for next year, took a gap-year you see.. but, yeah, my plan failed, not done much studying at all. :frown:

youll be fine... gud luck babe x jus make sure u get gud sleep :^_^:
Reply 189
Same here! I'm doing it first time and I'm already thinking about retaking it.. I had so much time to do revision but I left it all for the last minute and now I feel like I've not prepared well :frown: and I really would like to pass it the first time and get at least a B so that I won't have to worry about it anymore..
Reply 190
Any Predictions for section B? ...desperately need to revise, night before and still i cba, whats gonna become of my life :-O
also any advice about all nighters and how to get the maximum out of the hours i have left? thanx x
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by eselle
Lofus and Palmer
Field experiment - its is not field but lab experiment.
o IV and DV manipulate in a natural setting
Recreate a murder scene using actors and bring in false information to see how it effects the memory of the eye witnesses
Strengths
o High ecological validity
o Increase validity - Has an emotion impact since participants think it’s a real event
o Still able to control IV
Weaknesses
o Breaks ethical guidelines emotion impact can lead to psychological harm
Reply 192
Any Predictions for section B? ...desperately need to revise, night before and still i cba, whats gonna become of my life :-O
also any advice about all nighters and how to get the maximum out of the hours i have left? thanx x

In Section B Maguire is the only study that hasn't come up yet.. So I'm preparing for this one definately.
Piliavin and Baron-Cohen are also more likely to come up..
But I think you should get some sleep so that you don't feel tired in the exam and your brain will work better. Maybe try to get up earlier tomorrow and make a fresh start as the exam doesn't start until 13:30.. I've got 4 psychology lessons tomorrow before the exam so I'll be revising all the time. Good luck!
Reply 193
[QUOTE="strangerme;37813587"]
Original post by eselle
Lofus and Palmer
Recreate a murder scene using actors and bring in false information to see how it effects the memory of the eye witnesses
Strengths
o Increase validity - Has an emotion impact since participants think it’s a real event
Weaknesses

thanx... great help :redface:

D1 G542 What you need to know.pdf

- go through this and make sure you know each thing mentioned in page 2 . this is will help you with sec A and sec B .
Sec C - revise more on Behaviourist and Social / I.D .

Tip - don't do an all nighter - it will only tire you out when it comes to actually doing the exams - your body wont be able to cope.
- therefore learn off sec C by heart before you go to sleep (do not be awake after 12.30 - its bad apparantely.)
- wake up in the morning at 5 and go through sec A/ things you need to know attachment)
- do a past paper- mainly helpful ones are june 2010 and jan 2011.
( i am doing the same routine).
And final tip - pray ~especially to St Thomas of Cupertino.

(Prayer to St. Joseph of Cupertino - really helps you in exams and seeking success in exams.

O Great St. Joseph of Cupertino who by your prayer obtained from God to be asked at your examination, the only preposition you knew. Grant that I may like you succeed in the ( ) exam which I am now preparing.
In return I promise to make you known and cause you to be invoked.
Through Christ our Lord, Amen.
O St. Joseph of Cupertino pray for me
St. Thomas Aquinas pray for me
O Holy Ghost enlighten me
Our Lady of Good Studies pray for me
Sacred Head of Jesus, Seat of divine wisdom, enlighten me.)

GOOD LUCK. :biggrin:
hopefully this will help - great resources for core studies :biggrin:

everything you need to know in kinda detail - Core Studies Booklet..docx

aims and methods on each study - aims and method.docx

what you should know - D1 G542 What you need to know.pdf
Reply 196
Could someone help me with a question simliar to 'Describe how the individual differences approach could explain addiction experienced in Gamblers' which will be 4 marks?
Reply 197
Original post by strangerme
hopefully this will help - great resources for core studies :biggrin:

everything you need to know in kinda detail - Core Studies Booklet..docx

aims and methods on each study - aims and method.docx

what you should know - D1 G542 What you need to know.pdf

OMG This is great!! I wish I had access to it earlier.. Now it's too late to do revision, I'm going to bed.. But I'll have a look at it in the morning.. Thanks!
Original post by partofme
OMG This is great!! I wish I had access to it earlier.. Now it's too late to do revision, I'm going to bed.. But I'll have a look at it in the morning.. Thanks!

no probs - sorry for the late attach.

good luck :biggrin:
Reply 199
[QUOTE="strangerme;37813587"]
Original post by eselle
Lofus and Palmer
Strengths
Weaknesses

But changing it to a field experiment is an improvement of the study, I'm full aware that it's a lab experiment but if the exam asks for an improvement, better to change it to field.
If you had maybe read the whole post you would understand that they were all improvements of the studies.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending