The Student Room Group

Applying for Masters

Hello,

I just got my results and I want to do a masters, only I have no idea if this is too late. The course I want to do is starting in Septemeber. Am I the only person that is trying to apply at this stage or is this the done thing? I honestly have no idea when the bulk of people started applying for their masters, no-one I know is doing one, and I don't think the word 'postgraduate' was mentioned even once during my BA. Is it worth a crack applying now? Only I don't want to be asking for references only for my lectuerers to think im a clown trying to get into a masters so late (if this is late).

Thank you

Bye
Reply 1
Original post by Jjj90
Hello,

I just got my results and I want to do a masters, only I have no idea if this is too late. The course I want to do is starting in Septemeber. Am I the only person that is trying to apply at this stage or is this the done thing? I honestly have no idea when the bulk of people started applying for their masters, no-one I know is doing one, and I don't think the word 'postgraduate' was mentioned even once during my BA. Is it worth a crack applying now? Only I don't want to be asking for references only for my lectuerers to think im a clown trying to get into a masters so late (if this is late).

Thank you

Bye

It's quite late - most people apply a lot earlier so they can be considered for funding. You can email the department in question, though, and ask whether they still have places to fill and would consider your application. If they say yes, then it'll be worth a shot. But the bad news is that you'd almost certainly have to self-fund, so if that's not an option for you, you'll probably have to wait until next year.
I got onto mine last week, results were out 4 days before. If in doubt just phone the place

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Hero
Reply 3
Original post by hobnob
It's quite late - most people apply a lot earlier so they can be considered for funding. You can email the department in question, though, and ask whether they still have places to fill and would consider your application. If they say yes, then it'll be worth a shot. But the bad news is that you'd almost certainly have to self-fund, so if that's not an option for you, you'll probably have to wait until next year.

Well the funding for that course doesn't close untill August, surely they would still consider funding me if they are still taking applications?
Reply 4
Original post by Jjj90
Well the funding for that course doesn't close untill August, surely they would still consider funding me if they are still taking applications?

I've never come across any funding deadlines that are this late, but if that's what it says, I suppose you're in luck.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending