Swansea University
Visit website

Swansea University Applicants' Page 2016

Scroll to see replies

Name: Moli
Course: Medical biochemistry
Undergraduate/Postgraduate: Undergraduate
Offer made/rejected: ABB

Anyone else applied to Biochemistry or Medical Biochemistry?
Anyone done anything about accomodation yet?
(edited 7 years ago)
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Name: Peter
Course: Medical Engineering
AS Level Grades (achieved/predicted): ACC
A2 Level Grades (achieved/predicted): ABB
Offer made/rejected: ABB - Firmed
Reply 342
Name: Brede
Course: Finance and Business analytics
Undergraduate/Postgraduate: Postgraduate
GPA: 3.4
Offer made/rejected: Conditional (need to send in certificate of bachelor completion)

Anyone else taking this course?
Name: Alex
Course: civil engineering BEng
Undergraduate/Postgraduate: undergraduate
AS Level Grades achieved: AAAA
A2 Level Grades predicted: A*A*Aa
Offer made/rejected: BBB- insurance
Reply 344
Name: Diego
Course: Economics
AS Level Grades achieved: ABD (Retaking)
A2 Level Grades predicted: AAB
Offer made/rejected: ABB - Firm Choice
Name: Camille
Course: Translation and Interpreting
Grade average (French system) : 12.5/20
Offer made/rejected: Conditional (I needed to get 13/20)

So I didn't achieve the grade I should have, I sent my grades in a week ago, as soon as I got them. Does anyone know how long it takes for Swansea Uni to get back to someone who didn't exactly reach the condition they required?
Cheers
Reply 346
Original post by clockwork_orange
Name: Camille
Course: Translation and Interpreting
Grade average (French system) : 12.5/20
Offer made/rejected: Conditional (I needed to get 13/20)

So I didn't achieve the grade I should have, I sent my grades in a week ago, as soon as I got them. Does anyone know how long it takes for Swansea Uni to get back to someone who didn't exactly reach the condition they required?
Cheers

When you don't achieve the grade required I believe the first thing you should do is contact the university as soon as you get your results and explain your situation to them.
Most universities will be willing to overlook a small difference between your actual grade and the required grade however you have to contact them to let them know it's important to you to get in the course.
If I were you I would contact them as soon as possible, preferably give the relevant department a call.
Original post by DiegoC
When you don't achieve the grade required I believe the first thing you should do is contact the university as soon as you get your results and explain your situation to them.
Most universities will be willing to overlook a small difference between your actual grade and the required grade however you have to contact them to let them know it's important to you to get in the course.
If I were you I would contact them as soon as possible, preferably give the relevant department a call.

Yep I agree with that, that's why I sent them an email right when I got my grades, explaining the situation as you said. It's just that this was ten days ago now and I'm starting to get slightly impatient, as I would really love to get into that degree :smile:
Original post by clockwork_orange
Yep I agree with that, that's why I sent them an email right when I got my grades, explaining the situation as you said. It's just that this was ten days ago now and I'm starting to get slightly impatient, as I would really love to get into that degree :smile:

Hi clockwork_orange,

I would recommend contacting the Postgraduate Admissions office directly to get their advice. Their phone number is +44 (0) 1792 295358

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Reply 349
Name: marisca
Course: history
Undergraduate/Postgraduate: undergraduate
AS Level Grades (achieved/predicted):AACC
A2 Level Grades (achieved/predicted):BBC
Offer made/rejected:
Name: Ollie
Course: History
AS Level Grades (achieved/predicted):AAAB
A2 Level Grades (achieved/predicted):BBB
Offer made/rejected: Insurance
Reply 351
Name: Jan (Yan)
Course: Law & American Studies (Year Abroad)
AS Level Grades (achieved/predicted): ACCE
A2 Level Grades (achieved/predicted): BBC
Offer made/rejected: Unconditional (First Choice anyway)
Reply 352
SO happy i got in to do Beng mechanical engineering with a year in industry :biggrin: had a hard time choosing between aerospace and mechanical as they are so similar and i have interests in both.Does anyone know if its possible to move across engineering disciplines e.g from mechanical to aerospace? as im interested in aerospace but chose mechanical as its broader and will get you into any field,however over summer the syllabus of some of the aero modules is making me jealous. Im happy with mechanical but is it possible to move once you are at uni?
Off topic but when can we start 2017 entry threads? Apply opens for us tomorrow eeeep
Name: Matthew
Course: Computer Science
AS Level Grades (achieved/predicted):ABBC
A2 Level Grades (achieved/predicted):BBC
Offer made/rejected: Clearing Accept
Original post by HejLegolas
Name: Rowan
Course: Genetics
Undergraduate/postgraduate: undergraduate
AS level grades: CCC
A2 predicted grades: ABB
Offer made/rejected: TBC

Hi :smile:

I'm applying to this course this year- when did you hear from the uni? Applied 2 weeks ago
Hi guys!
Sent off my UCAS application yesterday to Swansea and was wondering if any of those who have already had offers. How long did the admissions take to get back?
Original post by Obeedell2
Hi guys!
Sent off my UCAS application yesterday to Swansea and was wondering if any of those who have already had offers. How long did the admissions take to get back?

Took them 3 days with me
Reply 358
Original post by Obeedell2
Hi guys!

Sent mine off Monday morning, got an offer this morning. Less than 48 hours!
Name: Alex
Course: Biochemistry with Genetics
AS Level Grades (achieved/predicted): Achieved BBBC
A2 Level Grades (achieved/predicted): ABBB predicted
Offer made/rejected: offer made at ABB

I'm so excited about this, really going to get my head down to ensure I get that A in chemistry. Really happy I got this offer as Swansea is probably my firm placement, I love the idea of a small university. Good luck everyone with achieving your offers!

Quick Reply

Latest