The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London Freshers 2012

As far as I am aware King's College have started to give out offers. Congratulations to those of you have received one!

I thought it would be nice to get to know one another before we hopefully go in 2012!

[P.S This is the first thread I've made so I hope I've done it right :confused:]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Firming King's for Lawwww :smile: Oh yes
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by music3210
Firming King's for Lawwww :smile: Oh yes

:biggrin:
Reply 3
I've already firmed it for philosophy :smile:
Reply 4
Will definitely be firming for French & Brazilian Portuguese unless I get an offer from Cambridge... but I'm pretty much already resigned to the fact that that's not going to happen!
Reply 5
Aww I would definitely be getting in on this thread but I applied for deferred! :/ Will almost definitely be firming for medicine though. See you all in 2013, you can show me round. :biggrin:
Reply 6
I might firm King's for Hispanic Studies with English! Still need to choose between King's and QMUL though.
Hi there, might firm for law! Waiting to hear back from the rest though.
Reply 8
Original post by freezingsaphire
Hi there, might firm for law! Waiting to hear back from the rest though.

I will probably firm King's too :biggrin:
Reply 9
Many mature students going to kings? Im 24!
Reply 10
Original post by eh269
Many mature students going to kings? Im 24!

I'm sure there are loads out there! What are you studying? :smile:
Reply 11
Any questions? Happy to answer as a current student:smile:
Reply 12
Hi there!

I have not received answers from all the other universities I have applied to, but I am sure I'll firm KCL (Physics & Philosophy).

I just have two questions:

1) Is there a lot of young students (because I am just 16, and I don't really know the average age of the first year students)?
2) How is it like to study Physics & Philosophy? And do we need to have read any books before the start of the course?
Reply 13
Original post by Organon
Hi there!

I have not received answers from all the other universities I have applied to, but I am sure I'll firm KCL (Physics & Philosophy).

I just have two questions:

1) Is there a lot of young students (because I am just 16, and I don't really know the average age of the first year students)?
2) How is it like to study Physics & Philosophy? And do we need to have read any books before the start of the course?

I think the majority of freshers are around 18. To be honest, I only know a couple classmates of mine who are 17, don't know any 16 year olds, but that's just the people I know. I wouldn'y worry too much about it though-people are really accepting and diverse at King's.

About the readings, I don't think anyone will be able to answer that on tsr. But, if the department doesn't tell you to do any reading then you're not expected to.
Reply 14
Torn between Durham or KCL for Ancient History!
Reply 15
Original post by erklam
Any questions? Happy to answer as a current student:smile:

Hey! What are you studying? :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Olive12
Hey! What are you studying? :smile:

Business Management
Reply 17
Def Firming for Medicine (5yr)

Anyone else on the march post offer day? (med or other)
Original post by sdh12
Def Firming for Medicine (5yr)

Anyone else on the march post offer day? (med or other)

Hey, i'm firming for medicine too!
Going on the 21st march post offer day!
Maybe i'll see you there, or if not in September! :ninjagirl:
Reply 19
How do you book post-offer open days? Do they come up on the myApplication site?

Quick Reply

Latest