The Student Room Group

University College Falmouth 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rosalitaaaa
HI!
Im hopefully going to FCU next September to study English and Creative Writing :smile:

Even though I'm predicted to get better grades than FCU is asking for, I am really excited about going there. I thought the Open Day on the 29th was brilliant and the English tutor was really inspirational (Plus his name was Nigel :P)

I would love to get to know people who are doing the same course as me before we start :smile:

Just reading back through the thread, I was really worried about being bored but it'll have to be what we make it. I'm always up for planning a party! Hopefully the people in my flat will be too :wink:

Hello! :smile:

Am hoping to take the same course. Yipee! I think it looks awesome, plus I agree, what a name! Am just in love with Fal, can't beleive the offer is CCC! :biggrin:
Original post by Rosalitaaaa
HI!
Im hopefully going to FCU next September to study English and Creative Writing :smile:

Even though I'm predicted to get better grades than FCU is asking for, I am really excited about going there. I thought the Open Day on the 29th was brilliant and the English tutor was really inspirational (Plus his name was Nigel :P)

I would love to get to know people who are doing the same course as me before we start :smile:

Just reading back through the thread, I was really worried about being bored but it'll have to be what we make it. I'm always up for planning a party! Hopefully the people in my flat will be too :wink:

AHHHH i love nigel!
But he's the media tutor :wink:
You get him in the first year, as you have to do both media and creative writing modules.

The English teacher is Ruth or Chrissy.
And the Creative Writing Teachers are Rupert and Freya :smile:

And I'm not bored right now, well i am a little but I'm doing my essay, so yeah. :smile:
Original post by natalieann1993
AHHHH i love nigel!
But he's the media tutor :wink:
You get him in the first year, as you have to do both media and creative writing modules.

The English teacher is Ruth or Chrissy.
And the Creative Writing Teachers are Rupert and Freya :smile:

And I'm not bored right now, well i am a little but I'm doing my essay, so yeah. :smile:

Rupert still a cool name!

Do UCF have a thing against Harry Potter? It seems a lot of places do! :confused: :eek:
Hey! I'm also applying to Fal for English and Creative Writing! But I haven't heard anything since November, when I got a letter with a massive "4" printed on the back, saying they were going to "assess" my Ucas form....you guys got this too...right? And haven't heard back from them since either...right? *paranoia to the max!* >:biggrin:
Reply 24
Original post by OCaptainMyCaptain!
Hey! I'm also applying to Fal for English and Creative Writing! But I haven't heard anything since November, when I got a letter with a massive "4" printed on the back, saying they were going to "assess" my Ucas form....you guys got this too...right? And haven't heard back from them since either...right? *paranoia to the max!* >:biggrin:

Yes! I applied in December and got the letter with the big numbers, but i still havent heard anything... I just really want them to get back to me now because i keep hearing of people getting offers...
Its just really frustrating waiting, but at the open day the tutor said that everyone who applys gets an interview but it doesnt say that on the letter...
I just wanna know!
Original post by OCaptainMyCaptain!

Original post by jess141
Yes! I applied in December and got the letter with the big numbers, but i still havent heard anything... I just really want them to get back to me now because i keep hearing of people getting offers...
Its just really frustrating waiting, but at the open day the tutor said that everyone who applys gets an interview but it doesnt say that on the letter...
I just wanna know!

Same but they're not doing interviews until Febuary an they normally only tell you u've got one a couple of weeks before it, so I suppose we have to wait until late January/Febuary...
Reply 26
hey did you guys do a project for falmouth ?? ive applied for a foundation course there and sent off my project a few days ago .. just got an email saying theyve received it .. good lord that thing took me so long to do! , and whats funny is that i cant find anyone through google who has taken pictures of their work or even spoken about it in a blog post.. id really like to see who im up against .. i heard the interview is quite scary too .. ?
Reply 27
Hey,

Glad to hear there are a few who still haven't heard anything since the '4 letter'. Do you know how they tell you if you have an interview/rejection... like is it a letter or e-mail? Like the rest, it's making me a bit nervous because the letter says interviews are through December/January!
Reply 28
Original post by matteodv

Original post by matteodv
Don't worry yourself, I pretty much had given up a few days ago until two of my friends received letters from UCF stating that they would have interviews in February. So you (and myself) still have time!

Guess so, good luck with yours then.
Hi everyone,

I've applied for 2 courses (English & Journalism) at Falmouth because it's my first choice and I reaallly want to go there. I sent my app in December and got an email a few weeks later asking me to send in some writing examples for review. So I sent in a few of my poems and two essays a few days ago and got this sort of unsettling/exciting email back saying, "you should have a response as to whether you've been successful or not in 5 days time and you can then choose to accept this offer or not." This is all happening sooo quickly! I haven't even been asked to an interview.

Has anyone else gotten emails like this and have already been accepted?
Reply 30
Original post by hedgehogsanonymous
Hi everyone,

I've applied for 2 courses (English & Journalism) at Falmouth because it's my first choice and I reaallly want to go there. I sent my app in December and got an email a few weeks later asking me to send in some writing examples for review. So I sent in a few of my poems and two essays a few days ago and got this sort of unsettling/exciting email back saying, "you should have a response as to whether you've been successful or not in 5 days time and you can then choose to accept this offer or not." This is all happening sooo quickly! I haven't even been asked to an interview.

Did you apply for English and Journalism as seperate courses or to do combined? Because I've applied for Journalism but havent heard anything about sending in any work...
Hopefully that was just for the English side, otherwise im worried...
Original post by hedgehogsanonymous
Hi everyone,

I haven't received anything like this, nor have I had any other letters....I hope something comes soon though - Falmouth is the only place I've applied to ^^;; Oh risks, why must you enthral me so?
Just had a letter for interview for Marine and Natural History Photography - phew it's my first choice by a mile - if anyone wants to see my blog i sent them just ask .

Marcus:smile:
Original post by jess141
Did you apply for English and Journalism as seperate courses or to do combined? Because I've applied for Journalism but havent heard anything about sending in any work...
Hopefully that was just for the English side, otherwise im worried...

I've applied for them separately. Yeah I imagine it was just for the English they wanted work for.
Reply 34
Finally found out I got an interview at falmouth today :biggrin: also found out I have one at my other choice LCC aswell, so relieved! Anyone else have any interviews yet?
Wow that was fast, I've gotten unconditional offers for both English and Journalism! I guess they just judged their decision on my application and the work I sent in.
Reply 36
Original post by jess141
Finally found out I got an interview at falmouth today :biggrin: also found out I have one at my other choice LCC aswell, so relieved! Anyone else have any interviews yet?

what course have you got an interview for?
Reply 37
I'm happy that other people are concerned about the interviews, I came on here to have a look at whether people were in the same situation as me, which you are :tongue: Got the letter with the 4 on the back about interviews in December/January and haven't heard anything haha..

I'm so nervous about the idea of an interview. What will it be like? I suppose it's different for whatever course you choose, I've applied for Advertising, do you think I just have to tell them why I want to do it etc etc?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by MarcusHoare1
Just had a letter for interview for Marine and Natural History Photography - phew it's my first choice by a mile - if anyone wants to see my blog i sent them just ask .

Marcus:smile:

I just got my interview letter for Marine and Natural History photography too :biggrin: It was the only one I applied for, I'm so nervous, but cant wait!
Original post by Hrtnicholson
I just got my interview letter for Marine and Natural History photography too :biggrin: It was the only one I applied for, I'm so nervous, but cant wait!

When is yours? I had to switch mine because they gave me a 9am slot and I live in Sussex :smile:

The course looks amazing and the facilities are stunning . :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending