The Student Room Group

University of Malta Medicine

Are there any students (local/international) who have applied/been accepted to study Medicine at UoM, to start this year in Sept/Oct?

Scroll to see replies

I'm from Malta and I'm about to take my a levels... we don't apply till around June I think XD A few days after the results come out! :smile:
Reply 2
Ooh I see, I didn't expect the applications process to be so different!
Your applications seriously come out so early? Well to be honest I was shocked that U.K schools have to apply in like October for Medicine courses. O_o Are you guys interviewed?
Reply 4
Yeah we are, but I mean even for Malta :O Because I applied for Medicine at UoM and had to do it in December! So was curious whether anyone else was in the same boat

I suppose it's different for an international applicant..
(edited 12 years ago)
You had your interview in december?? How did it go? And yeah I think we're a bit spoilt when it comes to these things, education and such I mean. I don't think you'll find anyone else really applying foruniversity of malta medicine, it's not a very well known university even though it's very good (or so I've heard.) In fact, Malta in general isn't really very well known. :smile:
Wow you're accepted? Great job!:biggrin: Do you have any second options university wise or are you definitely coming here? :I'm so nervous about my a levels... chemistry is going to be the end of me I'm not kidding :x
Reply 7
Well I had an interview for a university here in the UK in January but won't hear back till March! I think I'm sort of more keen on coming there, to be honest ^.^

Ahh, I didn't like my chemistry A-level either, but I'm sure you'll pull through it! (Afterall, if I did it..anyone can!) :wink:
Haha I just gotta study my ass off I guess and just see where that gets me. Good luck in finding other med students from malta. :smile:
Reply 9
Haha thanks, just wanted to see if I could get any info about accommodation and such - but there's ages still!

Good luck with your Alevels! :biggrin: I'm sure you'll ace them.

With that said, I'm off to sleep (:
Hi,

how did you apply to UoM? Did u have to apply through UCAS?
I'm kinda thinking of applying there too!
Reply 11
When is the application deadline ? And how do you apply there ?
Has the deadline passed for Sept/Oct 2012 entry?
Reply 13
Deadline is 15th April 2012 I think. Not entirely sure, but its pretty much all here: http://www.um.edu.mt/for/prospective
is there a graduate program running from UoM? I have read that the RCSI wanted to run a 4 year graduate program from UoM, but when it came to it, it was awarded to the SGUL. There was talk of this starting in 2008, but I can't find anything on line other than press releases talking about it. It would be quite spectacular if there were a 4 year course !
Reply 15
Original post by muffinmcpuffin
is there a graduate program running from UoM? I have read that the RCSI wanted to run a 4 year graduate program from UoM, but when it came to it, it was awarded to the SGUL. There was talk of this starting in 2008, but I can't find anything on line other than press releases talking about it. It would be quite spectacular if there were a 4 year course !

Not that I'm aware of, it didn't indicate a 4 year med course on their website from when I did my research. Wish they did have one of course, but I don't mind the extra year too much.
Reply 16
Original post by sal91x
I didn't have an interview! It's the craziest thing! I sent my application in December with all my documents and such and got a letter this week saying I was successful !

Yeah, I mean I hadn't really thought of studying Medicine there till last year when a friend mentioned it - and turns out it was for the best. It is a really nice place, but as you said: not very well know :P

Hey, I have just started to fill in the application for the university of Malta. I got to know about this university very recently almost by random. Anyway I'm very glad I found out because the prospect of studying there seems appealing. I'll be submitting my application very soon.

Bdw, I how did you go about applying and with what grades?? I would like to hear from you.

Judi
Reply 17
Hi. Im also very keen on applying to Malta to study medicine this year. I currently take Biology, Chemistry and Maths and am predicted A*,A,B with the B in chem. I was wondering whether i would be likely to get accepted. Also, if anyone is already studying there, what are the costs like per month? Also, was anyone able to get a loan to study there? If so, plz tell me the possiblity of applying for a loan
Reply 18
Hey just a quick question...why are you all keen on applying to Malta specifically? There are several eastern european schools in countries like croatia, hungary, poland, etc so what specifically about malta is attractive? thanks.

e: why are you children negging this? it was a very genuine question.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 19
Has the deadline for applications for EU applicants from the UK gone? I read on the website that applications need to be in by 13th January 2012. Is that only for courses which start in February? Thanks

Found the closing date, still got time
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending