The Student Room Group

Please can someone give me advice

Hello.
So here's my predicament:

I applied to the university of Cumbria in September to study nursing. After having an interview and receiving an offer I chose to decline it because I realised that nursing wasn't what I wanted to do. This was the only choice I used on UCAS.

Now 4 months later I've spent some time looking into studying Law at Cumbria instead and it just feels right. I emailed the admissions people at the uni to see if they still had places and they have. I was told I could still apply for a place before the 30th June, two days time!

My questions are can I add another choice to my application now? I can't find a button on UCAS track. Because I only made one choice originally surely I'll have to pay an extra amount? (because I only made one choice that's why I can't use extra).
If I leave it until after the 30th and hope that there are still places left, meaning they go into clearing, when can I apply to them through it? Some people are saying mid July and others are saying we have to wait until results day for the list to be published.

Thanks in advanced for the help :smile:.
Original post by sph_allinson
X

1. There should be a button somewhere at the bottom of the 'Choices' page on Track that allows you to add a choice - is that not there? If not, phone UCAS up. And yes, you will have to pay the extra fee.

2. Clearing opens in mid-July, and you can apply through it once you have your grades. The list isn't published until results day, but you can phone universities up before then.
Reply 2
Original post by TheSownRose
1. There should be a button somewhere at the bottom of the 'Choices' page on Track that allows you to add a choice - is that not there? If not, phone UCAS up. And yes, you will have to pay the extra fee.

2. Clearing opens in mid-July, and you can apply through it once you have your grades. The list isn't published until results day, but you can phone universities up before then.

No there's no button, might give them a ring. Thanks for the help :smile:.
Reply 3
Just read off the UCAS site that you can only add an additional choice if you haven't accepted or declined any of your choices. Seems like a bit of a silly rule so I guess I'm going to have to wait until clearing starts.
Original post by sph_allinson
Just read off the UCAS site that you can only add an additional choice if you haven't accepted or declined any of your choices. Seems like a bit of a silly rule so I guess I'm going to have to wait until clearing starts.

That is an odd one, and I think has also changed because I'm fairly sure I can remember people doing exactly what you wanted to in previous cycles... :s-smilie:
Nursing to Law is quite a jump.....what made you chose it, out of interest?
Reply 6
Original post by thecrimsonidol
Nursing to Law is quite a jump.....what made you chose it, out of interest?

I don't think I ever was 100% about choosing nursing. It's a great career but I don't think it would suit me as well as law would. Might sound odd but I feel like I've changed completely since september and want different things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending